Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    cant you set a game profile? I know you could on the G15.... so on the desktop your G and F keys would do one thing, in WoW they would do another and in Crysis they would do something else.

Deleted
    Thats funny i have the opposite problem i use my G15's G buttons and it just calls them F1-6:S and then i can bind other Function keys aswell:S

I need to unbind F1 to open steam, but I can't find ANY way to do that. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Confirmed, that's what I need to do. Can't find the option to, tho. Any help?
    Sorry, can't seem to find it either. It may even be a bind that windows made for the program when you installed it. That's about as far as my knowledge goes. GL man

Deleted
    Get a mouse with keybinds.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveZ View Post
    Get a mouse with keybinds.
    Totally irrelevant.

So my problem now is: How to unbind F1. Updating OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmarshal View Post
    Thats funny i have the opposite problem i use my G15's G buttons and it just calls them F1-6:S and then i can bind other Function keys aswell:S
    They default to the same function as your Function keys.

I need to unbind F1 to open steam, but I can't find ANY way to do that. Anyone?
    You need to open your logitech control panel, and change it there. Keyboard Profiler or something I think its called
    (Theres usually a little icon in the system tray.) G1

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post

You need to open your logitech control panel, and change it there. Keyboard Profiler or something I think its called
    (Theres usually a little icon in the system tray.) G1
    F1 key, not G1. Big difference. Not related to each other (with my current set-up)

go, steam (this is what the menu button is called in steam) > Settings > in-game. In this screen you can change the keybind and enable or disable steam to work in-game

10+ Year Old Account
    F1 key, not G1. Big difference. Not related to each other (with my current set-up)
    G1 was intended as the description of the icon 8-()

That's what my bar looked like for quite a while, using TukUI, never had a problem with the F-keys. Most of the other less important stuff like c/d's, shapeshifts and the like are bound on my Naga. I don't use the F-keys anymore since getting a Merc Stealth, but yeah, F-keys are great, IMHO.

Merc Stealth has this to the left of the normal keyboard.

And it glows all pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Izin View Post
    go, steam (this is what the menu button is called in steam) > Settings > in-game. In this screen you can change the keybind and enable or disable steam to work in-game
    Thats to enable steam when you're playing a steam game (the menu). Doesn't have antyhing to do with my problem. Thanks for trying to help thought!

Deleted
    Been using F1-F12 since TBC, never had any problems.

Oh it isnt? hum you can get steam to work with wow tho. So you are actually starting steam (the program it self) when pressing F1?

G1 was intended as the description of the icon 8-()
    Yes, but atm my G1 is absolutely clear of any keybinds or any commands.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Izin View Post
    Oh it isnt? hum you can get steam to work with wow tho. So you are actually starting steam (the program it self) when pressing F1?
    Correct. If I close steam and press F1, WHATEVER I AM DOING ON MY COMPUTER, it starts steam. F2-12 does nothing tho, and that's how I want F1 to behave.

Uninstall steam, delete the folder of where it was (so it doesn't have any saved data) then re-install.

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23
    Correct. If I close steam and press F1, WHATEVER I AM DOING ON MY COMPUTER, it starts steam. F2-12 does nothing tho, and that's how I want F1 to behave.
    Windows over-rides WoW, so no you can't have F1 to bring up steam and have WoW use it for a keybind.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2011-07-09 at 02:05 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but atm my G1 is absolutely clear of any keybinds or any commands.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 10:03 AM ----------

And your macros?

(Since you can bind macros to F keys as well as G keys.

And your macros?

(Since you can bind macros to F keys as well as G keys.
    All clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    P.S you dont have anything like this set up do you?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-xp-vista/

Okey that is weird :s and I have really no idea what's wrong, best advice I have is google it :P