Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well I got everything working! Thanks guys! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaios View Post
    So I put a new motherboard along with new, DDR3 ram into my computer, and I'm suddenly having my cpu overheating (getting upwards of 70-80* celsius within 2 minutes in the bios.) A friend told me anytime the processor is moved that thermal paste is applied.

I'm using an AMD 1090t 6 core processor. Is there a specific kind of thermal paste I need to buy? I've heard arctic 5 is good if I can find it in radioshack.

Also, is there a specific method to apply thermal paste? I'd searched youtube and some seem different; some people only put the paste on the processor while others put it on the processor and the heatsink.

Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks.
    The method depends on your cooler. If your cooler has the pipes running through the block (the block is the part that sits on the CPU) and you can plainly see them, then you want to apply it to the cooler. If the cooler has a flat surface where you see no pipes when looking at it, then apply it to which ever you feel is best (I recommend the CPU it's self). Also do NOT get it on anything but the top surface of the CPU, this can cause shorts. You have to reapply TP as it sets over time, and you should always change it if you remove the cooler.

edit: guess I should have read page two lol.