Thread: Gaming Laptop

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gaming Laptop

What is the best possible gaming laptop to get? I want to be able to play any game on the highest graphics setting.

Not sure if it really is the best of the best, but the Asus G74SX is a real beast atm.
    Obviously a laptop with a GTX580M is better.

-edit- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0103&Tpk=g74sx
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-07-09 at 10:03 PM. Reason: newegg link added

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Obviously a laptop with a GTX580M is better.
    And the forest-fire/arson-charges that will happen after will indeed be in very good graphics and colour-depth.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    And the forest-fire/arson-charges that will happen after will indeed be in very good graphics and colour-depth.
    Are there any laptops with that card already on the market anyway?:P
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2011-07-09 at 10:04 PM.

I'm not sure I follow... :S
    The TDP-value. It will run extremely hot. :P

The TDP-value. It will run extremely hot. :P
    Yea, I figured.

Try alienware.

http://alienware.com/

D
    ell (owner of alienware) has access to most of the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    Try alienware.

http://alienware.com/

D
    ell (owner of alienware) has access to most of the new stuff.
    If you're going to suggest Alienware (please don't, to anyone with a budget)..
    I'll follow up with http://sagernotebook.com/index.php?p...el_name=NP8150 .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadoor View Post
    What is the best possible gaming laptop to get? I want to be able to play any game on the highest graphics setting.
    If moneys not an issue you can go apeshit on gaming notebooks offered by specialized manufacturers like Alienware, ibuypower, Falcon Northwest or others.

Just bear in mind that you'll be paying extra for the brand name and customization they offer.

If your budget is more limited but you still want all the power you can get, check out some of the Gaming laptops offered by the likes of ASUS, MSI, Sony, Lenovo, Tohsiba and whoever else makes Laptops nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    If moneys not an issue you can go apeshit on gaming notebooks offered by specialized manufacturers like Alienware, ibuypower, Falcon Northwest or others.

Just bear in mind that you'll be paying extra for the brand name and customization they offer.

If your budget is more limited but you still want all the power you can get, check out some of the Gaming laptops offered by the likes of ASUS, MSI, Sony, Lenovo, Tohsiba and whoever else makes Laptops nowadays.
    Alienware offers a laptop with dual GTX580M! What kinda notebook cooler would you need to keep that cool :P

Alienware offers a laptop with dual GTX580M! What kinda notebook cooler would you need to keep that cool :P
    then u need to play in fridge
    and tbh, imo for me gaming laptop is kinda of oxymoron first that if it will need to be good it need power supply all the time, 2nd holding hand on its keyboard results in heavy burns ;] 3rd the cooling as it was stated
    also in the alienware brand u pay just... for brand... since there is possibility to build your own laptop like a PC which then will be like half the price
    but then still, imo that thing is kinda showoff, better to spend $$$ on really good stationary + netbook or some small lap with ssd drive
    Last edited by L05_PL; 2011-07-09 at 10:37 PM.

An iceberg.

But go Sager rather than Alienware.

But go Sager rather than Alienware.
    Iceberg ahoy!

But sager uses the 990X for it's gaming range laptops :O. Not that those CPU's are bad, but it's getting kinda old.

Iceberg ahoy!

But sager uses the 990X for it's gaming range laptops :O. Not that those CPU's are bad, but it's getting kinda old.
    The 990x is also a desktop cpu, not a laptop one. And most likely more powerful than an i7-2600K. And they use it in only one model, which is 17.3, which is insanely big. D:
    I'm fine with my 14", but I'd rather it be a 13.3".

The 990x is also a desktop cpu, not a laptop one. And most likely more powerful than an i7-2600K. And they use it in only one model, which is 17.3, which is insanely big. D:
    I'm fine with my 14", but I'd rather it be a 13.3".
    I had a hard time getting used to 15". I'm so happy I'm back at my PC now with a 24" screen

The 990x is the fastest processor to date, yes. But I can't justify the extra costs of that CPU over the 2500K for that tiny bit of extra performance.

Deleted
    Alienware.

Macbook Pro

Those PC laptops aren't going to win any beauty contests. The MBP looks a million times better than those PC's.
    A lot more portable and near enough the same hardware anyway.

alienware make a 18" laptop lol. I wouldn't like to carry that around! Just looking at the side on shots of those laptops make them look huge. oh wait, they are!

You all hate windows and you all hate change, but Macs are increasing their popularity. Make the change and you won't look back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleir View Post
    Macbook Pro Those PC laptops aren't going to win any beauty contests. The MBP looks a million times better than those PC's. A lot more portable and near enough the same hardware anyway.alienware make a 18" laptop lol. I wouldn't like to carry that around! Just looking at the side on shots of those laptops make them look huge. oh wait, they are!You all hate windows and you all hate change, but Macs are increasing their popularity. Make the change and you won't look back
    Most people don't care about looks and bragging about them owning a fancy MBP.As for their specs, you can get a lot better hardware in the same price range.Not saying Mac is bad, and if they allowed me to I'd run OSX on my PC.

Macbook Pro

Those PC laptops aren't going to win any beauty contests. The MBP looks a million times better than those PC's.

alienware make a 18" laptop lol. I wouldn't like to carry that around! Just looking at the side on shots of those laptops make them look huge. oh wait, they are!

You all hate windows and you all hate change, but Macs are increasing their popularity. Make the change and you won't look back
    MBP might be pretty, but it's still horrible to game on.

If you want a pretty laptop, get an ASUS UX-series.
    Changing to OSX means changing to an apple-made computer. There are no words how poorly they are configured and priced. D:

I had a hard time getting used to 15". I'm so happy I'm back at my PC now with a 24" screen

The 990x is the fastest processor to date, yes. But I can't justify the extra costs of that CPU over the 2500K for that tiny bit of extra performance.
    Except you can't get a laptop with a 2500K in it, meaning the 980X(which is in mine) or 990X will trounce any laptop CPU you could get otherwise. You can't get a laptop with any other Desktop CPU other than the 1366 Socket I7s. And to others, Alienware doesn't make the absolute best gaming laptops, Clevo/Sager does.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 11:57 PM ----------

Macbook Pro

To you and some others. I, and there are others who agree, think the Macbooks look like crap.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2