2 Terabyte SD card!

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdcard#microsd

Its in the banner at the top . Wow, i wonder how much that thing is?? Also, whats the point of a having a hardrive if the technology is there to make 2 TB the size of a dime?

You smoking something? Maybe im blind but on that link I only see 2 gb cards.

It appears that 2TB is the highest hypothetical size of the SDXC card, not a realistic one.

What I'd like to know is why a 64GB SDXC card is around the same price as a 60GB SSD, when both are based on flash drive technology.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/sdcard#microsd

Its in the banner at the top . Wow, i wonder how much that thing is?? Also, whats the point of a having a hardrive if the technology is there to make 2 TB the size of a dime?
    SD Cards are extremely slow (SATA2 can reach 3Gb/s transfer, for example). Those don't even hit 500Mb/s according to that site.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Ah I see. Im not blind anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    After I have done some looking it seems that they are 2 Tb capable but it does not mean they are out their.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    SD Cards are extremely slow (SATA2 can reach 3Gb/s transfer, for example). Those don't even hit 500Mb/s according to that site.
    3Gbits/s vs 312Mbytes/s...
    (3Gbits/s ~= 375Mbytes/s)
    Last edited by openair; 2011-07-10 at 02:24 AM.

What would you need a 2 TB SD card for? What is that, 10 million HD photos or every DVD and or blu-ray disc in my house? Not like it is even for sale any where, largest I could find on Newegg was 64GB.

Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    3Gbits/s vs 312Mbytes/s...
    (3Gbits/s ~= 375Mbytes/s)
    Don't try to confuse me with your fancy mathematics!

No, seriously though, very astute.

I ended up with 384 MB/s, but I might be off

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird discussion

Sata 1,2 and 3 is the max speed of a storage device that run with a Sata cable.

1 = 1.5 Gbit
    2 = 3
    3 = 6

But there are also ''stable'' maximums within these. Sata being 150 MByte, despite the fact that the max is 187.5 MB. The same goes for Sata 2 and Sata 3. Sata 2 having a maximum of 375 MByte but max stable is 300 MByte. Sata 3 having maximum of 750, but max stable is 600MByte.

These values have no effect whatsoever on the actual speed of storage devices. Unless ofcourse, the device is trying to transfer over safe max or over absolute max.

And dont link benchmarks Sata 2 vs 3. They compare 2 seemingly identical disks, but the disks are of different versions of the same product series.

So these SD cards having a max of 500MB/S have no effect on the actual speed of the device.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar