Beth'tilac problems

Well my guild has been having problems with some bosses in FL. My guild is 2/7 and currently working on Rhyolith. Our only problem is that tonight we hit a wall. We can't seem to down Beth'tilac. Last week we got him after 20 attempts (yeah sad). Our group is composed of:

Dk tank
    Prot. Pally

2 Rogues
    SV hunter(just for this fight, rest is MM)
    Afflic. warlock
    Arcane Mage

Disc Priest
    Resto Druid
    Holy Pally

We push the boss every time to p2 with him at 80% or less but we can't seem to get pass 20% since the damage we are taking is burning our healer's mana. Everybody in the raid is above ILV 364 so I don't see what we are doing wrong. Everybody is pulling over 19k except for the rogues since they are on boss the whole time. Any advice would help and thank you in advanced.

Are you stacking up for aoe healing effects?

Yes as soon as p2 hits, everybody stacks up, dps kills the remaining adds(only one drone is up at this point) and healers rotated defensive cds.

That drone should be dead or dying when the transition happens.

Oh yeah when the boss comes down, the drone is already at less than 40%

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if damage is your problem... Pop Bloodlust at 50% health, then cycle raid cooldowns. You have 4. Prot Pally has Divine Guardian, Disc Priest has Power Word: Barrier, Resto Druid has Tranquility, and Holy pally has Aura Mastery.

So do Divine Guardian at 20 Stacks, Aura Mastery at 23 Stacks, Power word Barrier at 25 stacks, and Tranquility at 28 stacks.

Then you should be able to get the kill :P

If dmg is your problem recruit better dps

See debuff: Widow's Kiss, basically a tank gets it, the other tank taunts, the first tank stands away from EVERYONE, are your tanks handling this debuff correctly?

Yeah but for some reason, when the boss gets to 20+ stacks, the pally tank just gets rocked. And as for the dps, everybody is doing above 16k. Rogues are the lowest doing 16k buut everybody else has an average of 19k dps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPVlr...layer_embedded

my guild first kill and all we did was usa trinkets when the damage got high then use aura mastery after they were off. the tranq was our druid tank so it wasnt much.

Deleted
    If you cant kill her once you get to phase 2 because your healers run out of mana it is because your floor dps team isnt doing good enough killing spinners quickly, majority of the damage comes from them. Try not sending up as many dps to top platform. When we did it, we sent up an MM hunter and a combat rogue, then jus the rogue so hunter could help kill spinners/drones and then only tank and healer went up.

I think beth had around 90% hp when she landed for us and our dps was 12k/18k/19k/24k/27k so not all that different when you consider the 27 was me an i was on spiderling control as a frost dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burningphoenix View Post
    Yeah but for some reason, when the boss gets to 20+ stacks, the pally tank just gets rocked. And as for the dps, everybody is doing above 16k. Rogues are the lowest doing 16k buut everybody else has an average of 19k dps.
    Its because Rogues damage is affected badly where they have to constantly switch targets. Thats why most people put them on Bethtilac.

We sent 3 pallies up each time with the boss, prot,ret,holy. Ret went down early when p2 was close to help with adds and boss was ~80% at p2 start. Are you aware that the boss heals if spiderlings are still out at p2? If you still have spiderlings when she goes down then you need less dps going up. We always only used one dps going up the whole fight.
    4 shot week 1(mostly silly mistakes), 1 shot week 2.

Yea man - everyone over 19k? I don't think dps is the issue then because we downed him last night and only 1 person was at around 18k. The rest were around 15-17k, but I watch the life bars and no doubt that AoE must be a strain on the healers during the zerg phase. Also you guys had her down to the floor with 75% health, we started her zerg with her at 90% so again advantage you.

Healer/tank CDs, spinner dmg(dps), take your pick.

We are trying her or him tonight so thanks for all the advices. The spiderlings are all dead when p2 starts. We only have one drone up and it is always at less than 50% health. We taunt all the spinners so we dont take the massive damage they do when they are on their webs and just take the melee hits since they only hit for like 3-4k. We always have a smooth p1 but everything goes down the drain after the boss reaches 20+stacks.

You've told us your DPS is doing fine, how's the heal/tank gear in the group, I've only done it 25 but it's the same concept, have your healers try to be at high mana going into Ph2, make sure your tanks save cooldowns for when the stacks get high(there's 2 lots of tank CDs as well as heal CDS!).
    Make sure everyone gets the concept of the fight getting harder the longer Ph2 is active.
    Consider lusting later(the last 40 seconds of the phase instead of the first).
    You probably have it down by now but just in case =p

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure your tanks are saving their CD's for when the damage is getting heavy.
    Popping em @ start of p2 is useless

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Well if damage is your problem... Pop Bloodlust at 50% health, then cycle raid cooldowns. You have 4. Prot Pally has Divine Guardian, Disc Priest has Power Word: Barrier, Resto Druid has Tranquility, and Holy pally has Aura Mastery.

So do Divine Guardian at 20 Stacks, Aura Mastery at 23 Stacks, Power word Barrier at 25 stacks, and Tranquility at 28 stacks.

Then you should be able to get the kill :P
    Don't forget Divine Hymn.

Deleted
    Paladin can pop his AM twice at the start and later on in the fight