gaming laptop under $1200

im looking for a gaming laptop under $1200 as im on a budget. if anyone could help me find a good one that can play wow and other games on decent frames id really appreciate it.

Deleted
    You won't find a gaming laptop at that price, sorry. At that price range you won't be getting any decent graphics card at all, and CPU power can't do everything. If you want to play games and $1200 is you limit, you need to buy a "real" computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffleballx View Post
    im looking for a gaming laptop under $1200 as im on a budget. if anyone could help me find a good one that can play wow and other games on decent frames id really appreciate it.
    You dont need a 1200 dollar laptop.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215119

M
    y relatively new computer isn't as good as that one and managed running WoW on medium graphics at 40+ fps without any issues ever. Odd thing about WoW is that even graphics on extreme aren't much better than medium. I run sc2 on around 40-50 fps as well.

---------- Post added 2011-07-10 at 06:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimme View Post
    You won't find a gaming laptop at that price, sorry. At that price range you won't be getting any decent graphics card at all, and CPU power can't do everything. If you want to play games and $1200 is you limit, you need to buy a "real" computer.
    Oh goodness...

10+ Year Old Account
    Go look at Asus' Selection, had mine a year now, it's been great.

that's bullshit, I got my gaming laptop for under $1200 and it runs everything fine at medium or better settings. It's an xps dell gaming laptop.
    I am Dave ! Yognaut and I have the balls! *salutes*

1. Stay away from Dell. I have yet to have a good experience with them(my personal experience)
    2. http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...el_name=NP8130 Sager NP8130. Very very good gaming laptop but $100 more than your requested price. Will need a cooling pad as the laptop will get very hot.
    i have no signature, because carrots.

Just from personal experience you don't need some crazy expensive laptop unless you're planning on say running crysis 2 at max graphics, in which case you'd be better off just buying or building your own computer and skipping on the laptop. Newegg has wonderful deals in terms of buying laptops from what i've experienced though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a desktop, forget about a laptop.

I bought a laptop too, and you know what? While it's a bit easier to bring my setup to a friend's house, I still sit at a desk with it plugged in, completely ignoring the mobility.

I use a cooling pad-ish thing because it gets so hot.
    I use a keyboard because the keys get super hot and they are uncomfortable.
    I use a mouse because you can't play anything with a touchpad.

The only advantage to having a laptop is that you save time & weight when you bring your setup somewhere else, and you don't need to get a monitor, although I personally wish I did since resolution really messes with your UI. You don't have any room to make something pleasing and functional at 1366x768.

If you want to game, don't buy a laptop. Period.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2011-07-10 at 06:18 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't speculate if asked a sincere question.

@ op, I know it might be a few months old but check out the Asus G73 w/o the 3d screen. You can get it even cheaper if you ignore the blu-ray player aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a good one, has the I7 2630 and a GTX 460m / asus laptop http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230027 $1149 free shipping

Scratch that suggestion, seems the current model is having issues with the power pin. I will see if I can find another one for ya.

Ok take a look at this one, very similar to other one same processor and gpu etc http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0355921
    Last edited by naadra; 2011-07-10 at 06:59 AM.
    CM 690II Advanced / Lamptron FC-6 / Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 / G Skill Sniper Series (2x4)8GB 1.25V DDR3 1600 / CM Hyper 212+ / I5 2500k stock / 2x MSI HD 6950 2GB ( Reference / Stock ) Crossfire / Corsair TX850 V2 ES / Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 7200RPM / Sony CD/DVD / Windows 7
    Overclocking almost done! 4.4 GHZ still working on it!! Wait.......where is all that smoke coming from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilTape View Post

that's bullshit, I got my gaming laptop for under $1200 and it runs everything fine at medium or better settings. It's an xps dell gaming laptop.
    Guess I need to redo my wow installation then.

Got an Asus with i7 and a 540M graphics card. It's is running WOW like a bag of shit, and I paid like 1600 6 months ago.

Deleted
    that 540 isnt meant for gaming......

altho depending on settings, it should run wow well enough

If one lives in Sweden, one can't get a gaminglaptop for less than eq. US$2351.
    You can get a laptop that plays games, but a gaming laptop and one you can play on are two very different things.

I have a laptop with an i5-2410m and a GT550M, 8GiB RAM and an Intel 320-series SSD (160GB). I wouldn't ever dream of playing on it, as the experience would be poor.

It WOULD handle wow to a degree, though. Low-medium, perhaps. But Wow is a CPU-based game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up the Asus G73JH-A2 a year ago for about $1600, sure you could find it cheaper now.
    Runs WoW at max settings at 1920x1080

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3662/a...xlsized-gaming

Keys don't get hot as the poster above suggested of his own machine, but I do use the mouse that came with it. However - the base of the machine itself (under the keyboard) is large enough I can use it as a makeshift mousepad wherever I go.

If you live in europe you can get a I7 sandy bridge quad core with a geforce 460 GTX laptop at around 1100 euro's ( and a 1080p led screen )

just look up the erazer X6813