Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    It was insane money maker when cata just launched with truegold making, but it only lasted few weeks. Than it was nice making money by transmuting life to air, 'till they nerfed life drops from herbing. Now I just can't even be bothered doing that for puny 100-150 gold a day. Good thing our guild provides repairs, flasks and food, so I only spend money on enchanting and gemming, otherwise I would of been broke.
    1 mouse click = 180g
    1 mouse click per day over a month = 5500+ Gold

It might not seem like a lot in the here and now, but it's gold over time which accumulates and adds up when you look at the grand scheme of things.

(Do it every day for a year, and that's over 60,000 gold )
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Do your daily transmute in Uldum as a trans master. 15 life to 14-16 air and a chance at a proc is a nice profit. just doing it on one toon isnt an insane amount of gold, but or the work it takes its worth it.

Check the AH and transmute herbs/lower level gems into the higher leel gems. Just buying the mats and crafting can be another decent way to make some gold. Just scan the AH and see how much the raw mats are and what the gems sell for. If you can make 10+ gold per transmute do it. You can get 1-4 extra gems with the transmute and those become pure profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyStGlitch View Post
    Transmute Living Elements.

Just for laughs, as an altoholic, I grabbed the mats to level Alchemy to 485 (Living elements level) on 4 characters. Took me only a day, barely bought any of them.

I can make about 6000g a week doing 15 Lifes to Air in Uldum, it's not exactly great, but as an alt leveler who is sick of Cataclysm, it's not bad for clicking 1 button 4 times a day.

In the very beginning of Cataclysm, my server had a 1400g price for Truegold, the mats only cost about 400g. Doing 4 a day for a week was able to land 28,000g a week.
    This I started in WOTLK with gem transmutes on 5 characters. Now living elements is the way to go. The max amount of gold you can make through this is capped but not small. For 5 mins of work each day it is very easy money. Don't go farm the mats btw, just buy them from the AH. Buy the volatile life's in bulk when they're cheap. I tend to buy 1000+ volatiles in one go when they're cheap. Don't immediately put all your volatile's you've transmuted on the AH. Wait for when it's a good time to sell them in stacks of 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    1 mouse click = 180g
    1 mouse click per day over a month = 5500+ Gold

It might not seem like a lot in the here and now, but it's gold over time which accumulates and adds up when you look at the grand scheme of things.

(Do it every day for a year, and that's over 60,000 gold )
    You are delusional, it's a lot more work. First you need to check prices on ah to make sure that you are making profit. Than buy the volatile lives. Than go to Uldum and transmute the shit. After you need to get back to the city. Than post your auctions, usually in smaller stacks of 3-5 volatiles. Than hope that noone will undercut you and wait. So much for one click, and that's all for only 100 gold on average.

How insanely lazy are you that you can't do 2 minutes of work (and yes, thats all it takes) to buy 15 air, take a portal to uldum, transmute, and hearth back? It takes less time than most dailies, and those only give you 20.

Also, I've been selling volatile air daily for 2 months. I think I've had my auction fail to sell maybe once on a medium-pop server. Once-a-day gold adds up.

But you're lazy, so take your free repairs and sit in trade chat complaining about how broke you are.

Deleted
    'Cause it's extremely boring and repetitive thing to do with shit reward in the end, that's it. Also I have trade disabled.

Why would you want to make money with Alchemy if you can solo Firelands trash. You're a DK..you'll make tons of money in 1 hour T_T.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    You are delusional, it's a lot more work. First you need to check prices on ah to make sure that you are making profit. Than buy the volatile lives. Than go to Uldum and transmute the shit. After you need to get back to the city. Than post your auctions, usually in smaller stacks of 3-5 volatiles. Than hope that noone will undercut you and wait. So much for one click, and that's all for only 100 gold on average.
    You're sadly mistaken.
    1) Volatile Life > Volatile Air will always net a profit. Currently its at 15g, it should never drop below 5g each.
    2) Uldum transmute will cost you a Uldum portal and a hearth
    3) Auction posting will take you all of 30 seconds using Auctionator in stacks of 1x
    4) Undercuts don't matter, they will get sold before they idle out

What's the deal with Uldum? Does Transmute: Living Elements always produce Air when you use it in Uldum or something?

You guys are silly. The OP was talking about quadruple/quintuple-digit amounts of daily moneymaking, not 100g a day in transmutes.

And to that end, I am also curious to know, because I've been watching the Alchemy market for months on the Undermine Journal, and it's still unprofitable (by double-digit margins) to make and sell flasks or pots. There's always flasks for sale in the AH, so obviously someone is doing it, but even if you have a farmer selling to you in bulk at a discount, I still don't see how you can turn a profit when the mats cost 90g and the flask sells for 55g...

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    What's the deal with Uldum? Does Transmute: Living Elements always produce Air when you use it in Uldum or something?
    Yes.

Casting the spell in zone x yields the result related to that zone:

Uldum=Air
    Hyjal =Fire
    Deepholm=Earth
    Vasjhir=Water

Transmuting in any other location is just a random pick of 1 of those 4.

i think flasks are still the way to go, atleast for me they are guaranteed to sell and you can sell them in mass quantities + some potions ect.

I think there's a huge lot of you that severely under appreciate the value of small-yet-consistent forms of Gold income. It's not all about "NEED MOAR GOLD RITE NOW EPIC BELT DRAGON MOUNT", but it's also about long-term.

While I thought my 1 way to make money with Alchemy would suffice, I'll give you every single way I make money with alchemy:

How to make loads of Gold with Alchemy

1. Carnelian Gems. These days, they are between 10-30 Gold depending on your luck. Recently, I've been buying all of mine for no more than 15-20g per Carnelian. We can Transmute Inferno Rubies for 3 Carnelian Gems and 2 (or 3?) Heartblossom (No more than 5-6 Gold). The Rubies sell upwards of 100g both cut and uncut. Demand is there, so make to your hearts desire and enjoy 40g profit for each Inferno Ruby you craft (and make it quicker if you're a JC and can diversify your cuts).

2. Potions, potions, potions! (And flasks ). There is a huge market for money and it's easy to find out what's profitable and what isn't. If you just check out my thread that I made a few months ago, you'll see my spreadsheet, how it works, and a link to download it all there. I do have one for Flasks but have been too lazy to upload it. It only takes a basic knowledge of Excel and about 10 minutes of work to convert it to work just as well for Flasks. Follow my Guide in that thread and you'll see exactly how to make Gold with Potions and how much you'll make given your current market prices.

3. Don't want to use your daily Transmute? Sell it! People paid upwards of 100g per Truegold Transmute pre-4.2. Not sure what they're going for now, but it's still a decent source of income. Furthermore, if you're Transmute-Specced, you can give away the Transmute but keep procs for yourself (but PLEASE specify that ahead of time - had a lot of headaches revolved around who gets procs).

4. Always advertise your Alchemy in Trade Chat, especially if someone asks for an Alchemist. Someone might toss you the Mats to make 500 of their favorite Flask and a few hundred Gold for you to just hit [Create All] and pop on Netflix for 10 minutes. Sure, that may be a bit unrealistic, but there are plenty of people out there who need work done and are willing to pay for it.

All in all, you just need to take a long and hard look at what skills you have available with your profession, do a bit of math, and understand how to maximize profits with your profession. Alchemy, like most-any crafting profession, can make Gold for you if you know what to tell it to do. Once you find a niche market, just sit back and watch the Gold come in.

Now, will you stop complaining that Alchemy can't make more than a hundred Gold with a few measly mouse clicks?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    I agree with the poster above me.
    Im a fresh alchemist , only turned 525 yesterday.

Inferno rubys are the way to go!

Mats for 1 ruby : 70g
    Price of 1 ruby: 140g

Bought mats for 10 rubys -700g
    Made 10 rubys
    Transmutation master!!! = + 3 rubys ( depends on luck)
    Sold 13 rubys + 1800g

Result: 1100g profit by doing almost nothing tbh

And earned 200 g with living elements

That gives me 1300g on my first day as an alchemist.

Deleted
    Flasks.

flask of steelskin Aka the stamina one sells for 70~ each on my server.

Volatile life 3g each x8 = 24g

Twilight jasmine stack of 20 = 28g = 3.5g each

Cinderbloom 6g stack = 0.75g each

About 28g a flask. So I make 42 gold PER flask.

Edit: As a potmaster you get procs aswell

If you're not lazy: flasks for sure. Possibly dps pots as well, BUT, the nerfed T11 content draw in LOTS of pugs who do NOT use cauldrons. So they buy flasks on AH. Sell truegold xmute.

If you're lazy: Transmute spec ftw. Do living elements in Uldum for x15 air + procs. Transmute red gems. Purple and orange are too expensive for the ROI and aren't worth it. Troll the AH for carnelians or buy some cheap ore for a friend to prospect. I can't stress how good prospecting is now. On my server (Ner'zhul) purple green gems uncut sell for 20+, the same for reds, and most of the other ones nearly the same.

For doing gems, CASH IN NOW. The prices WILL drop. Also within the coming months buy out cheap fire, as when the dailies stop being done so much volatile fire prices will rebound up

Deleted
    -Flasks
    -Pygmy oil
    -Transmutes
    -etc

Flasks can have a decent profit, but in my rather limited experience they take longer to sell. I've got a stack of Flask of the Winds, and have been selling them off slowly for 80-90 gold each. That's 20-30 gold profit per, and I'm selling one or two per day if I'm lucky.

The thing is, alchemy provides me with the ability to compete in several different markets without having to buy my way in. I always have 150 or more auctions up at any given time between selling flasks, rare gems, and volatile transmutes. My product sells slowly but I'm casting a very wide net and have a nice consistent cash flow.

I leveled alchemy last Friday for the first time. I bought all of the mats to do so; they cost me around 6k. I've already received a %30 return on that investment and from here on out it's pure cash in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I think there's a huge lot of you that severely under appreciate the value of small-yet-consistent forms of Gold income. It's not all about "NEED MOAR GOLD RITE NOW EPIC BELT DRAGON MOUNT", but it's also about long-term.
    I 100% agree with this statement.
    I think the best way to make money with alchemy is to just have a system that works for you. Here is what I have done and I have about 150kg with very little effort. It really adds up over time.

1. I have a bank\auction Alt that does nothing but sit in the AH.
    2. I look for cheap volatile life in the AH. On my server you can find stacks for 200 sometimes for under 3g per item. When I find them I buy them ALL
    3. I have 4 alchemists...3 of them are transmute masters.
    4. I dont play these 4 all the time so pretty much they are parked in Uldum. On the rare occasion I have to take the portal there...no big deal
    5. I transmute my volatile life into volatile air and then mail them to my AH alt.

I never pay more than 3-4 gold per volatile life. I never sell volatile air for less than 15g. I transmute a minimum of 60 per day. That is a MINIMUM of 660 profit per day. They WILL sell unlike some stuff. I spend no more than 10 minutes daily to do this. If making 660g per day (usually its more like 1k) isn't enough for you and to only spend 10 minutes doing it then I am speechless.
    There are other ways to make money with alchemy but to me...time vs. profit...nothing beats my system. Remember I do have 4 alchemists and 3 are transmute masters.
    The best thing you can do is find what works for you....get a system, learn the price points, learn the AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    -Pygmy oil
    That sells? o.0 For how much? And is it because of the transformation or is there some wrath recipe that people still craft and use?