Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Cheap "Gaming" laptop.

Hello, I am currently looking to upgrade my 5 years old laptop to something a little better. I need something that could run wow at max setting with a decent amount of fps during 25 mans raid (40 is enough for me, Ive been raiding with under 10 fps for a while now lol). So I would like to find the cheapest laptop possible that can run WoW (its the only game a really play thats why I said "gaming" in the title). Im not going to play any game with crazy graphic requirement and Im going to use this laptop for school as well.

Dont suggest Alienware please its way too expensive for me and probably overkill for wow only. (Im no expert tho)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is WoW the only thing your really using it for?
    What other programs will you likely run?
    What sort screen size would you use?
    Does it need a full size keyboard?

Realistically what is your budget? - Where do you live so we can apply this budget in the best way possible.?

P.S. Contrary to popular belief AlienWare isn't actually a Gaming brand and they don't ONLY sell machines of £1000+

I can give you some general notes for when your looking around:
    You want a discrete graphics card, 540M or better (if the laptop doesn't list a graphics card that means its using integrated graphics, which is fine for watching movies and browsing the web, not so good for gaming.)
    You most likely want a 15.6" to a 17" screen,
    You definatly want 4GB DDR3 RAM,

Also laptops actually don't tend to get replaced that often. So buying a cheap £200-£350 laptop now will only hurt you next year when your laptop is obsolete, and can barely run WoW anymore due it's ever increasing system requirements.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-07-10 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    If you're not too fussy about the resolution, you can get the Acer Aspire 5750G, which is at 1366*768 resolution. It's fine for me playing WoW and stuff.

If you're living in the USA, check out Sager Notebooks, they have some well-built laptops for good prices.

Scryus.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes WoW will be the only game I will play on it.
    Outside of doing homework (which will only require me to install office) I dont really plan on doing anything else on it.
    Im looking for a 15.6 screen, 11 is too small and 17 are usually too expensive.
    No it doesnt need a full size keyboard I got used to playing on a smaller keyboard so it doesnt matter.

I can probably spend around 700 USD$. (I live in Canada so its pretty much the same)

I was looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...089-_-Homepage

Do you think its a good enough computer for what I need?

That Acer Aspire also looks nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramboxmb View Post
    Seems like a decent choice

Cheaping out now may have you replace it far sooner. Repeat this two-three times and you're spending more money than investing in a good one to begin with.
    Not that there is a thing called cheap gaming laptop.

The one you chose is as good as you can get in the price-range.
    It's not a gaming-laptop even if we strain the word. But it will suffice.

I'm also glad you didn't consider 17"s, they are horribly big.

Look up the erazer X6813, it has some nice specs for a good price, it runs wow on ultra etc at 1920x1080p with atleast 30 frames.