Today's Alterac Valley

Hey guys - no it's not a QQ, balance-issue thread.
    I'm here to talk about the quests that used to be very vital to how AV was played - back in vanilla.

Today, while doing an AV, both teams went defensive, so I thought I'd give it a shot - I've turned in enough medals to Wing Commander Slidore and asked him to attack. Sadly, I couldn't find him anywhere on the field and here comes the question - Do these quests still work? If so, does the air cavalry disappear once they reach their destination? Where do they attack?

I remember the old-fashioned AV which lasted for few hours, I remember summoning the bosses and what not, including the air support which kept shooting from the skies.

If you know anything about AV and possible changes to it - feel free to post.

Honestly, I think they broke it hard as fuck. I've tried it on lower level's where AV lasts longer, and even when turning in thousands of orbs you still can't get the big ones to spawn. Have yet to make the commanders do anything as well.

It's pretty sad. I miss the old AV. They should somehow make AV last longer, increase the honor gained, and bring back the NPC summoning etc back in the mix to actually make it fun.

The NPC summoning was the best part. I remember getting the entire group to summon one of the big bosses. That **** was epic.

Now it's a "guys let's defend Galv!" "NO STFU ZERG THEM!" (or whatever the mini boss' name is, I'm blanking)

15+ Year Old Account
    think it does work, such as turning in armor to buff your archers but games aren't long enough to really be worth doing it, sadly.