Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You can safely bind R and it won't interfere with your ability to return whispers. Typing /r will always bring up the reply whisper, every bit as fast just pressing R.

I couldn't live without my R bind. That's Disengage! Gotta use that shit constantly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've bound these a looong time ago (referring to X, Z, R) in vanilla as a consequence of running out of keybinds.

Z- battle stance
    X- berserker
    R- mortalstrike/ devastate depending on spec.
    ; - sit down
    ' - sheathe/unsheathe weapon

I barely use them though, so i put them someone at the end of the world(read: keyboard).

And as a previous poster said, hit enter, forward slash plus R and presto! you have a replytolatestwhisperkey. I do it mechanically these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Skey View Post
    I used ctrl+r for returning a whisper. Sounds crappy, but it proved like a fine solution to abuse r and shift r
    this, is a smart man

Deleted
    I re-bound all the default keybinds to shift+something. shift+C is character window, shift+R is reply, shift+y is sheathe, shift+o is guild, shift+i is dungeon finder. You get the idea.

Thanks guys

Shift + Z = sheath
    ;\ (above enter) = reply

I win, again

Thanks once more!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    I need those, so bad. I'm out of keybinds. I got around 50, but none of them uses R, Z & X, because they are used in-game for actions that I couldn't live without. That's right. I'm so used to press R to respond to buddies or whispers, if it'd be bound to something, I'd go crazy. Same thing for sheath/unsheath weapon (Z).

How did you guys get over that? Bind it to other keys? If so, which ones? If It'd be to rebound them, which keys are currently not assigned to anything?
    Thanks,

Chicken
    what i did to use the Z X and C button was to bind those 3 to NUM 1 2 and 3. It works for me.. might work for you as well.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

those are some of the best bindings in the game. especially R.

Do use R (Q,E,R,F,T,G), and mounts are shift-Z and ctrl-Z.

edit: my reply button is now \ (the one under backspace)
    Last edited by Ashalah; 2011-07-10 at 01:58 PM.

I have my respond to whisper as \ (above enter) and it works perfect for me. I dont ever think about hitting r. I also have r as disengage, z as my flying mount, and x as aspect of the hawk. I never used the sheath thing anyway, and sitting is easy. /sit :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed reply to whisper to Y instead of R about when cataclysm came out, took a little while to get used to ofc.
    havent bound Q, E, X or Z myself. Q and E because I cant live without them, believe me i've tried. It just doesent work for me.

Z because to me thats a retarded place, and is hard to reach the way I use the keyboard. X I like to keep as sit, and descend while swimming or flying.

Though i've bound R, F, C, T,G,Y. I dont feel comfortable hitting any keys further to the right :P
    Having a multi button mouse helps for sure, and in addition I use |-6 with shift modifier, and ctrl modifier for pet abillities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Z and X, annoying positions, I don't use them.

For R: learn to use /r instead of r, so you can just bind away. Effectively doubles the amount of buttons for a reply, but R is just too awesome to not use as keybind.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

I personally don't bind R but you could always just do it, see what it's like and see if you get used to it.
    Also, have you got a gaming mouse?

Deleted
    R = Moonfire (Shift+R = Insect Swarm)
    X = Travel Form
    Z = Barkskin

C = PVP Trinket
    F = Bearform
    E = Heal(s)
    Q = Crowd Control(s)

etc

I use Q, E and X then with shift modifiers. My issue currently is how close C is to X. More then likely will swap it out too and add Z and C. R holds the spot as probably the most important keybind out there. Even more then aswd since I can use my mouse for those.

Might swap out shift+2 and Shift+1 and 3 but those seems rather frightening since I use tab 2 as my profession/archeology tab but I cna manually swap I guess.
    Last edited by AutomaticBadger; 2011-07-10 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added something
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

If you haven't alrdy. Bind "S".
    Unless you're a backpeddler.

10+ Year Old Account
    R is Spellsteal for me. If you do rebind it don't make it something that will pull a boss, since you are so used to pressing it :P

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    ZX traps and R is a killshot/mount macro

i have r bound. it's conviniently easy to reach. just /r to reply to a whisper, and tab to cycle through to a previous whisper

z and x are too far out the way for me though. i only really use x to land my mount, and alt + z clears the ui for screenshots
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    R is Evasion
    Z is nothing but I don't use unsheath weapon xD
    X is Cold Blood, not really had a problem with them tbh

Deleted
    scuse me guy's, do you guys even use 1-9?
    i see ppl use qertyzxcv etc, your finger's must be wierd lol