Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Or it means the hunter was overgeared and generally skilled. I run LFR for fun quite often even when I can't roll on anything...call it catharsis or whatever...it's fun and zero stress. As BM, arcane shot accounts for about 38-40% of your damage.
    Right. BM. Have no experience with it's damage spread, it's a generally very very sucky spec to use in high end raiding due to the issues with pet AI, etc x___x. So guess it could have been a BM hunter too.

[...] 10 man raiding is much more difficult and different than 25 [....]
    Ahahahaha for sure dude, which drugs to you take, and where do you buy those?!?

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    they're called polo mints, u can get them at all good stores.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    just ignore the op he only raids normals and obviously doesnt know any better.

You're going to read my entire guide, pick one line of it and then pick on that?

Everything here applies to 10 and 25 and lfr and whatever you are doing. The encounter guide is based on my 10man experiences only cause... that's all I can write about without spreading bad info.

If I raided 25man there wouldn't BE and encounter guide (albeit the DS one is not very detailed yet) cause all your job as hunter in 25 would be to stand there and DPS.

You seriously have nothing better to do? Enjoy your infractions anyway

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    If I raided 25man there wouldn't BE and encounter guide (albeit the DS one is not very detailed yet) cause all your job as hunter in 25 would be to stand there and DPS.
    In 25M Firelands hunters were the best utility for just about everything...

* Face Rage on Shannox
    * Spider caves on Beth'tilac
    * Meteor DPS on Alysrazor
    * 'Tanking' 5 burning orbs at once with double Deterrence as part of a cooldown chain
    * Blowing up traps on Ragnaros

In Dragon Soul there's almost zero utility for anyone. Mages and Shadow Priests taking Void Diffusion bounces on Zon'ozz is about the only thing worth mentioning.

Tbf when it comes to Rageface and meteors hunters were as good as just about any ranged class, esp mages. And I've no idea why you mention hunters with raggy traps, usually mages/priests/warlocks take care of that, hunters are not ideal for those. Unless you raid without any of those classes? I'm not saying hunters cant do them but yeah, why would you. :P

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Chimera Shot was instant and didn't need to rely on Arcane Blast stacks to do the necessary damage from the very beginning in ilvl 372 gear. That's what made hunters the absolute best for Face Rage. In addition, since he focuses you briefly afterward, disengage, aspect of the cheetah, deterrence and feign death were a great way to have him drop his stacks entirely while preserving a trap for someone else.

With Alysrazor we ended up sending so many people up in the air to get her down quickly, there typically weren't free feathers for the few ranged DPS that weren't already solely attacking Alysrazor. Hunters easily had the best mobile DPS of any ranged class thanks to instants and AotF if needed. Hunters could also lay a frost trap under the Meteor for the fastest application of a slow effect. As well weren't particularly good choices for sending up in the air.

As for Magma Traps, again hunters didn't even get knocked up in the air with Deterrence and with Readiness you could handle two in a row. You could also do a third with a timed disengage if you wanted to.

I'd rather take a utility role than have someone else fail at it.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-02-11 at 02:01 PM.

Hey there, recently started to play a hunter.

Need some help with building some mouseover macros.

Can anybody write an example for such macro:

Lets take Serpent Sting. I want to cast Serpent sting normaly on my target, but for example i want to cast Serpent sting additionally to nearby enemy just by mouseovering him and not loosing my current target. Is it possible, doesnt that not going to cripple my dps? Is it possible to do with more spells and try to maintain nice multidps.

thanks in advance.

Actually spamming arcane shot compared to using the normal rotation isn't that big of a dps difference. I tried for laughs to just spam arcane shot and only use explosive on LnL procs, didn't do that bad dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Safyra View Post
    Hey there, recently started to play a hunter.

Need some help with building some mouseover macros.

Can anybody write an example for such macro:

Lets take Serpent Sting. I want to cast Serpent sting normaly on my target, but for example i want to cast Serpent sting additionally to nearby enemy just by mouseovering him and not loosing my current target. Is it possible, doesnt that not going to cripple my dps? Is it possible to do with more spells and try to maintain nice multidps.

thanks in advance.
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Serpent Sting
    /cast Serpent sting

You'll want to keep serpent sting up on the second target with cobra shot and not just refreshing manually

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    just ignore the op he only raids normals and obviously doesnt know any better.
    Quoted for truth. This illana is bad. Take his opinions with a pinch of salt. Most of what he knows and type here is general, common hunter knowledge that was replicated from ej or other forums. When he tries to venture further, it normally become horrible misinformations.
    Last edited by apojaja; 2012-02-12 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apojaja View Post
    Quoted for truth. This illana is bad. Take his opinions with a pinch of salt. Most of what he knows and type here is general, common hunter knowledge that was replicated from ej or other forums. When he tries to venture further, it normally become horrible misinformations.

Hi synex, ready for another forum vacation?

Question about haste. Given the large amount of haste we're getting with this new gear, should I reforge it to Mastery if Crit is already present?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Question about haste. Given the large amount of haste we're getting with this new gear, should I reforge it to Mastery if Crit is already present?
    yuz, most definitely

unless you want to go haste route but it's really not much of a difference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Haste benefits 2 things mostly:
    -Focus Generation
    -Cobra Shot cast time.

With Tier 13 2-set your focus generation will be much faster already due to the fact that Cobra Shot gives double the amount of focus. This will also turn the amount of Cobra Shots down and in this way making haste even less important.

Tier 13 4-set makes haste even less desirable because a Blood/Hero/TW + a proc of this can get your cobra shot below the Global Cooldown.

The best reforging tactic at this moment is:
    8% hit > crit > hasterating of 757 > mastery > haste

After t13 2p, haste has the advantage, that it reduces time between Exploshots, because with 2p you often cast Ex, 2xCoS, 2xAS, that will take about 6.33sec time, when you still have the minimum 1.66 CoS casttime. more haste = less time in between Explos.

it also increases your and your pets attackspeed which is still about 1/4 of our damage (thats just an estimate, should check the exact value first)

the only thing you need to know about sv in 4.3 is how to use up lock n' load charges. The rest is pretty obvious now, isn't it?

Deleted
    anyone did a research on which Staff is better?

Spire of Coagulated Globules or Kiril, Fury of Beasts (not allowed to post links, sorry)

I cant figure it out, tryed it on the dummy, didnt see any difference :-/

depends on what version you're talking about. And you'll never get any reliable results using a dummy.

I would say hc kirils obviously being the best cause of the pure agility and proc.

HC spire vs normal kirils is a lot closer. I would rather use spire cause agi proc might be wasted in transition phases

normal spire vs normal kirils, kirils wins cause of ilevel

lfr kirils vs normal spire i would take normal spire for consisitency