Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Problem is: He could clip 3 or 6 times on a fight, and would think "awesome, didn't clip an ES."
    How so? If he clips 6 times, he would still have, say, 56 ES appliances, but only 162 ticks instead of 168.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CityPunch View Post
    How so? If he clips 6 times, he would still have, say, 56 ES appliances, but only 162 ticks instead of 168.
    I don't remember if it still works this way, but it used to be if you applied a debuff before the old one dropped it didn't count the new application.

Quote Originally Posted by CityPunch View Post
    Where in the log do you see how much ES he fired? I'm still a noob with WoL.
    Edit: Buffs cast, I found it.

@kidsafe: It definitely counts all applications of ES. I compared it to a log of my enhance shaman. I always apply the SS-debuff before the old one runs out, and the amount of debuffs applied equaled the amount of Storm Strikes that hit the target.
    If that helps.
    Last edited by Pope; 2012-04-26 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloak enchant should be 22 agi and glove enchant should be 20 agi

Quote Originally Posted by Slothswag View Post
    Cloak enchant should be 22 agi and glove enchant should be 20 agi
    Who exactly was this intended for? If you mean for the OP to be updated, things are hardly that clear-cut:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post16247712

10+ Year Old Account
    A mate asked me to tell him how to use Lock and Load, I decided it was better to show him with a visual explanation, thus I made a video to generalise how to handle it. It also shows me using ES > AS > ES > ES and getting the 9 ticks. Tell me what you think ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKr4Xb-kAx0

Thanks for the video TJ (I actually made one a long time ago but it's nowhere near as good as that) If possible can you make your skada bigger and re-upload?

Will be glad to add the video to the main guide if you do

10+ Year Old Account
    Uploaded it with better quality and a better all round video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNNk4o_A-vA

Can some one link me a propper Survival specc for Dragon Soul?
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Easy. 3/7/31 with either two points in 10% More HP; 4 sec reduce on Disengage; Root-effect on Icetrap or 6% more crit on some trash

Effectiveness in DS decreasing from first to last. 10% HP is definitely a nice bonus to your health. Disengaging is always nice, although you can't do it on all fights. Most enemies in DS are immune to the root-effect (I think, correct me if I'm wrong. Bloods on Madness and Spine definitely are.) And most mobs are also immune to ice-trap, so you won't get 6% crit there either. Bosses are definitely immune.
    Nice trash-talent for dungeons nonetheless.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#ccZfMZfbhcMhrRsk:zRsfV0
    Last edited by Pope; 2012-05-02 at 06:50 PM.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sony View Post
    Can some one link me a propper Survival specc for Dragon Soul?
    whats wrong with the one in the guide =S?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    whats wrong with the one in the guide =S?
    Actually, I think the OP is a bit cluttered. I tried to find the recommended spec and it took me a while. I dunno if it's the huge table or the huge pictures, but I think it doesn't look perfect.

Actually, I think the OP is a bit cluttered. I tried to find the recommended spec and it took me a while. I dunno if it's the huge table or the huge pictures, but I think it doesn't look perfect.
    yeah i think its about time i removed the table, i dont think i use any obscure abbreviations anyway

but finding the spec shouldnt be hard.. i have it listed in contents

can any1 tall me if the reforge lite addon is taking the hunting party talent in to consideration when calcuating the stat waights for sv hunter?

What does hunting party have to do with reforging? Do you mean for a specific haste-"cap" ?
    It probably does.

What does hunting party have to do with reforging? Do you mean for a specific haste-"cap" ?
    It probably does.
    im trying to work out why the addon rates hatse higher than mastery dispite hate being our stat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im trying to work out why the addon rates hatse higher than mastery dispite hate being our stat
    Because the addon might not register that you're using t13 2p?

Question about Mastery. I recently started again after a 2 year break so I'm not sure how Mastery works.

"Each point in Mastery increases your magical damage by an additional 1%".
    Now, my mastery is at 16.09. Does that mean that my magical damage is increased by 16% or 16.09%? Or does it only count at numbers such at 16, 17 and 18?
    Hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Question about Mastery. I recently started again after a 2 year break so I'm not sure how Mastery works.

"Each point in Mastery increases your magical damage by an additional 1%".
    Now, my mastery is at 16.09. Does that mean that my magical damage is increased by 16% or 16.09%? Or does it only count at numbers such at 16, 17 and 18?
    Hope you understand.
    That would be 16.09% more Elemental Damage, yes, even if it isn't shown in the tooltip, as explained here:

http://www.warcrafthuntersunion.com/...r-your-hunter/

"#showtooltip Cobra Shot
    /cast Cobra Shot
    /use 10

A very simple one I use because I am an engineer, this enables maximum uptime on my glove tinker in a fight."

I don't think this is right. This is like Paladin tank macroing Holy Shield to Crusader Strike and Hammer, and I'll tell you why I think that. I'll use the Hag fight as an example. If he is about to go to lightening phase and your gloves come off cooldown, you will pop them just by going through rotation, then have nothing to DPS after the add goes down. So the DPS up time during it's duration would be next to none, effectively wasting it's up time and CD.

I would think a more effective way to use things such as these is to pretty much just use them on cool down, but actually hit it. That way if a phase change is coming or you aren't going to be able to DPS for a few (even a few seconds is a waste of up time and will result in an overall loss of the DPS you would have other wise gained prolonging the use by a little bit.), you can wait on using it until you can make sure you 10 full seconds of DPS time.

It's a great macro, and if you're not raiding super progressively and the use of every CD's up time isn't important, or if you don't care about doing your absolute maximum DPS then use it. But I would think there is a lot of situations where you may be using Cobra Shot thus using your glove tinker then not have anything to DPS or switching to something that is going to die fast, etc. I can think of a few Dragon Soul fights where this could come into play.

A few options for spells like this is to use a mod key for your CD, that way you still have to hit something to activate it. Or you use the macro but also keep plain Cobra Shot on your bars and use it when you don't want to have it proc, like the last trash pull before boss pull. I'm not really sure on viable options, so that's just what I came up with quickly.

P.S. I'm a tank. I rarely DPS, and I'm not an Engineer on my Hunter. All my info comes from tanking, and cool down usage with that. So if this isn't correct, don't bite me! I just figured I would share my opinion!