Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Everyone knows that Survival aoe-dps reigns all. Explosive trap + Multishot (with serpent spread & improved serpent sting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    Everyone knows that Survival aoe-dps reigns all. Explosive trap + Multishot (with serpent spread & improved serpent sting)
    Yes?

Did anyone tell you otherwise?

/facepalm people trying to re invent the wheel

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread was like survival for dummies, I loved it. Thank you everyone, it helped out learning my hunter a lot.

looks like hunters are still alive n kickin back to get ready for pandas but really not sure how long im going to bother playing this game much longer.

If mop really is very good then i'll stick around but with blizzard's current track record with D3 i'm not holding my breath

Great Reply

The information I found on which I was continuously researching on.....glad to see it here

callpills.com

updated for 5.04

I see you're still putting 5% for the Orc racial still for pet dmg, I was under the impression it was lowered to 2%. Anyone know if this change took effect with this patch or will it be with MoP?
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    I see you're still putting 5% for the Orc racial still for pet dmg, I was under the impression it was lowered to 2%. Anyone know if this change took effect with this patch or will it be with MoP?
    thats a good point, any kind orcs would let us know ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    thats a good point, any kind orcs would let us know ?
    It's 2% now

Quote Originally Posted by eixx View Post
    It's 2% now
    thanks! will edit

Does anyone else feel like Explosive Shot if way too weak right now? I did some tests on the dummy and avoided using Explosive Shot outside of LnL procs, dumping focus just with Arcane Shot, and it resulted in slightly higher dps than actually using Explosive Shot on cooldown.

Explosive shot is higher damage per global and costs the same focus as arcane, there's no way it can be a dps loss to use it.

Arcane costs 5 less focus.

Going off of femaledwarf which seems to be updated rather often, explosive shot is 15426 and arcane shot is 14194. Add in the focus difference and I don't think it would be that far off to assume that other than LnL Explosive may be worth dropping depending upon gear level.

[e] Partially disregard this. I logged out in crappy PvP gear, loading up a BiS hunter showed a significant advantage for Explosive shot. However at lower gear levels it may be worth noting that arcane can surpass explosive other than during LnL.
    Last edited by refire; 2012-09-05 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Arcane costs 5 less focus.
    oh, very true.

Then yes the gap will be pretty close but i expect it is a scaling issue

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    oh, very true.

Then yes the gap will be pretty close but i expect it is a scaling issue
    Explosive Shot damage and RAP scaling increased by 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Explosive Shot damage and RAP scaling increased by 20%.

then i fully expect explosive shot to do more damage per focus than arcane once we are 90. No problem there.

updated for 5.05 MoP release

a couple questions, this thread seems more of a hunter 101, rather than a theory-crafting thread but i'll post anyways:

current stat weights have crit AND haste at more than 50% of agi's value, this means that with the new gems (soft stats are double that of agi) we should be gemming pure crit as much as possible correct? (and using reforge for hit/exp caps)(my current sims have agi at 4.1 and hit/ex at 2.6 and crit at 2.16, haste at 2.13~*, and mastery at 1.6) [* the sim does not account for haste plateau log scaling though i'm not currently close to any plateaus] this also means (and according to every other guide i've checked) that mastery is much worse than haste currently, though i agree that haste is possibly devalued until you can reach a plateau which won't happen until heroic gear most likely

a more appropriate stat prio would be wep>agi>hit/exp to cap> crit>=haste to cap>mastery>haste

with the new CD system and rolling dot system for LnL/ExS it is possible to get 4 ExS in a row (ExS, LnL proc during GCD, ExS*, ExS*, ExS) i know that using 3 in a row works with the dot roll, but does the fourth one work too? (for those of you not aware, LnL now resets both cd's - GCD and ICD - for ExS. the old system (pre-pandas) did not previously reset the 6 sec ICD so this was never an issue)

Stampede is much higher priority than you have it listed and MoC is slightly lower. both should be just after ExS and ahead of glaive toss, and should be used with as much Agi as possible (procs or otherwise), stampede also scales with other stats (lust, trinkets, RF, zerk, etc), while MoC does not (agi/ap only). as far as i can see most fights have a burst phase which is when stampede should be used and in most cases would not come into effect on this prio list.

using DB on cd is crucial, but amzing with haste buffs (RF, lust, zerk etc) the beast gives you 5 focus every time it hits and luckily it scales with haste! between increased focus regen (from haste), SrS procs, and DB procs you can go for a long time without having to CS: less CS's = way more dps, and i often pop it ahead of it's spot in the priority list at the start of a fight so that i can recover focus better after MoC which is a huge focus dump. it's also great to use (save for a few seconds, if necessary) before moving to pool focus so that you can fire more shots while moving without having to switch to Fox.

speaking of which: for a moving rotation, it is possible to run out of shots/focus if you don't plan ahead. you can use various utility shots (concussive shot, etc) that cost no focus and do a small amount of dps if you are running longer than expected. if you will be running longer than the amount of focus you will need to continously shoot, it is worth it to switch to fox however. although, if you are a good raider, you should be aware of when you will have to move and should be pooling focus anyways, between deterrence and various other movement abilities, you should never actually run into this problem, but it is worth mentioning in the guide for people new to the spec who aren't 100% comfortable with the rotation with their eyes closed.

cheers
    Last edited by Mr.Pineapple; 2012-10-02 at 02:59 PM.
    Ask yourself a question: 'How have I made the world a better place today?'.

If your answer isn't legitimate, or meaningful: TRY HARDER - YOU ARE FAILING AT RL!

You are the product of 200 million years of evolution. Act Like It!