Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I rarely pvp but I would love a deathmatch bg. 40 horde v 40 alliance, no respawns.
    But then what do the first people to die do, wait doing nothing for 10 minutes for the game to end?

World of Warkart

nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    If they add another bg, it needs to be something that like, involves pvp. Strand, Isle, Alterac Valley... none of these do. NO ONE hits random bg to drive a vehicle, or to rush and kill an NPC or two. I think that the re-terrained WSG and AB that is Battle for Gilneas and Twin Peaks do just fine. We need 1 or 2 Deathmatch BG's imo. First team to x amount of kills wins. It's the way everyone plays BG's anyway. Guess why? IT'S PVP.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    How about new WSG/AB maps. Its still called WSG/AB but we get a other scenery

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killaim View Post

And no, Team Deathmatch won't work in a game like WoW, because the gear and BG team setup would be the determining factor, not skill.
    And what about the free for all that some people suggested? I'm sure Blizzard could come up with some logical reason as to why we're doing that.. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    What they should do, imo, is make 2-5 new PvP maps that are more versatile than the current maps.

This new map set would be designed so that each map could be used for CTF, Domination, Deathmatch, etc.
    That way, it wouldn't just be "CTF = Warsong gultch or Twin peaks."

Any one of the maps could be CTF or Domination, which would give the whole PvP scene more flavor and variation
    I agree with this. I'm not huge on the whole "PvP needs more content to keep it fair!" topic, because frankly I think it's horse-poo. Warsong Gulch is now around 6 years old, yet I'm still happy when that pops up after queuing for a random BG. Same goes for Arathi Basin. Battlegrounds can be played over and over again, whereas Raids can't. Once you've 'beaten' a Raid there's really not much enjoyment to get out of it anymore. You'll farm your BiS gear to get the best headstart on the new Raid, but you won't particularly enjoy it.
    However I'd love two maps added into a future patch or the next expansion, with the versatility to have CTF and Domination, and possibly some other match types, like Black Garden in Rift (not sure what the actual name is, think it's Martyrdom) or some King of the Hill type game.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 10:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nxyl View Post
    And what about the free for all that some people suggested? I'm sure Blizzard could come up with some logical reason as to why we're doing that.. :/
    He didn't mean lorewise, he meant in terms of gameplay. A Deathmatch wouldn't work because, like he said, gear would be the determining factor. Atleast in the current maps you have some chance of winning against a team that outgears you.
    Free-for-all wouldn't work because you could have a really good game, but you could have a lot of Killing Blows stolen from you. KB 'stealing' doesn't matter in the current games, because you having more KBs than someone else on your team doesn't make a difference to whether your team wins or not. In a free for all scenario, it would.
    A solution could be for whoever done the most damage to get the points, but then if you're fighting someone 1v1 then start running away, if someone else comes along and finishes off your opponent you'd get the points, which again, isn't fair.
    This is without mentioning class balance. Healers wouldn't do very well in a Free for All match for example. You'd mainly try to get in 1on1 situations to make sure someone doesn't steal your kill, or kill you after you've beat someone, but as we all know, the game isn't balanced around 1v1.

Theres already blue post about these concerns.

New Content - Differences between PvE and PvP Players
    The answer to your question revolves around a common difference in how PvE players and PvP players approach the game. Generally speaking, PvE players want more quests, more dungeons and more raids to experience -- more and new content is king. On the other hand, while some PvP players do want new maps, many others would be happier if we perfected the Arena or BG maps that already exist - or even if we cut existing maps. After all, PvP players don’t graduate out of Arathi Basin or Dalaran sewers the same way PvE players graduate from dungeon to heroic, or raid tier to raid tier. We did make some improvements to the existing PvP maps, such as trying to return Ring of Valor to circulation and changing the way flags work in Eye of the Storm (for rated play).

We’d love to add a lot more maps than we currently do, but we need to do it in such a way that doesn’t make the PvP experience worse for players who are more interested in refining their PvP experience than in seeing new maps.
    As stated already PvE content focuses on the raids and after those raids are on farm there is need of new content. On the other hand PvP focuses on defeating other teams which will always vary and many players wont even want more maps. And myself I wouldnt atleast care about the reskins of maps though thats just a personal preference of course.
    Of course it would be nice to have some out of box thinking with PvP content, but comparing PvE content release speed to PvP or requesting more content at the same speed is impossible idea. Anyway PvP gets new things, though much lower pace but still f.ex. arena(bc), WG style(wotlk), rated bg's(cata).

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be a WoW version of Goodwin's Law concerning the 'I pay my $15.'

Really, I feel like we won't see any drastic changes to the queue/bg system until they perfect what they have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Good luck queueing for one then. Especially a specific one.
    You separate them into their time.

Node capture, capture the flag and base assault.

EotS goes in both node capture and capture the flag.

was that so hard?

Assault like Strand just without vehicles, and have 3 objectives Having to cap the first to unlock second and second to unlock 3rd ect.

OR

Like CP maps on Team Fortress 2 They could also work well.

I don't get why they don't make "mini"-BGs. 5v5 arena is a joke, 5v5 CTF, nodes, possibly even DotA would work fine. Not on the current maps, but on new ones. Would be fun to do some actual strategic minigames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamok View Post
    No CTF or Node capturing. I hate those because it's Gear > Skill. If they give us BGs that can actually be won with skill then I will be happy.

Death race anyone?
    the only problem with skill > gear is that most of the BGs are full of retards... so yeah, like this at least they are geared!

Quote Originally Posted by charleybwoy View Post
    Yeah why not??
    Because the more BG's they add the more they "dilute" the number of players queing for BG's between all of those battlegrounds. Queing for specific BG's takes longer and people queing randoms end up regularly quitting matches when they inevitably end up in 1 of the BG's they don't like as always seems to happen in SOTA.

Also I don't know about the Cata BG's (since i've quit and never did any PVP in Cata) but it seemed that all the newer BG's were less popular than the old 1s anyway... People still like WSG and AB but very few people seemed to like SOTA or IOC.

Deleted
    gief unreal nodes -> vehicles -> cores map.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is basically a minigame, they update it with new gear and that's all the really need to do due to its simplicity.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    Blizzard gives us multiple new heroics and raids each expansion, and only two BGs, and no new arenas to speak of.

Anyone else feel like us PvPers/casual PvP players deserve a little more than what we've already gotten? I'd like some new, innovative BGs myself, or even some new reskins would be welcome (CTF and node capturing really are two fun modes, people).

I hear lots of discussion over what 4.3 will bring, and I've only seen a few people even think about mentioning hopes for new PvP content. I echo their concerns.
    We get the 352 set again, only at 371!

Also, my 384 helm has antlers.