Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post

Gz America, well deserved after that, should I say disgusting, play by Brazil.
    Should i say, being the best champion there is out there when it comes to soccer for so many years is getting us tired hehe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Why would you not root for you nation's team in a nation v. nation sports affair? I'm pretty sure everybody roots for their country, and they're happy when their country wins.
    There is a difference between rooting for you're country and supporting them even when they are making mistakes etc,...

I'm talking about keeping an eye on fairplay here...I don't really know what this thread is all about but just though I'd mention it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteyy View Post
    Name 2 better than this one.
    Champions league final 2005 - Liverpool 3-3 AC Milan (Liverpool win on penalties after being 3-0 down at half time)
    Champions league final 1999 - Man United 2-1 Bayern Munich (United score twice in the 90th minute)
    Champions league final 2011 - Barcelona 3-1 Man United (A footballing masterclass by Barca, i'm ashamed to say, as I'm a united fan T.T)

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    Should i say, being the best champion there is out there when it comes to soccer for so many years is getting us tired hehe
    The mens team hasn't looked all that great lately either. Maybe they'll pick it up during the Copa but so far that tournament has been one huge snore.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The mens team hasn't looked all that great lately either. Maybe they'll pick it up during the Copa but so far that tournament has been one huge snore.
    I was just saying that when it comes to soccer Brazil was THE national team, like the best. I myself , think the current team that we have is a total garbage.

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Then again, when was the last time somebody rooted for Germany to win? Right, in the 40's; and we all know what came of it.
    I really hope I have mis understood your meaning or that is such an old cliche......

Edit : you made a clarification later in the posts thankfully..
    Last edited by PromiscuousPenguin; 2011-07-11 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it hard to take football seriously in the US and Canada (omg I'm talking trash about my own country). Like the MLS for example looks like a pick up game compared to European leagues.

I've watched a couple of the games from this woman's world cup and the quality reminded me alot of the MLS.

By the way congrats to the US. I wasn't surprised when I saw the results.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    Never watch women's soccer because of the level, the only sport I'd watch with women involved would be e-sports and it's damn rare.
    whoa, rude! your avatar is probably a caricature of yourself!

I was just saying that when it comes to soccer Brazil was THE national team, like the best. I myself , think the current team that we have is a total garbage.
    Assuming youre talking about the mens team, watching them play in the world cup is well almost painful. Everytime they refuse to get back and let a goal get scored within the first 30 minutes i literally cringed.

Grats to my southern neighbors. I saw the game and it was called fucking horribly.

Also Solo is hot.
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Chyrch View Post
    Yeah seriously. There are so many other reasons to be a proud American ..................

.......... Is that a cricket?
    Sad for you Chyrch, really! You know nothing of the American spirit or sense of nationalism we posess. There is alot or reasons I'm proud to be an american, I won't go into to it I high doubt you would understand.

American true grit, unwilling to bend, the American spirit of finding a way. "Phenomenal," said team coach Pia Sundhage, "Somebody is writing this script. It's the American attitude. Finding a way to win."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alan-b..._b_894187.html
    Not a well played game but a game for the ages. The end was very exciting and high drama which womens soccer or football or futball. The official was horrid and tried to make herself the focal point of the game. Let the players play.

As for Sweden killing the US I don't think a 2-1 victory is murder its a bounce or a break or w/e.

And Hope Solo is one of the hottest athletes in the world
    http://www.futbolprimera.es/files/im...olo-nike_0.jpg
    Last edited by Chasey; 2011-07-11 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    whoa, rude! your avatar is probably a caricature of yourself!
    Not rude, just truth.

Womens football is very boring to be honest.
    Too easy to score, too many long passes and very little technique on the midfield, Not enough duels.

TBH, they should really make the pitch smaller along with the goals. Shooting at a goalie that cant even reach the top bar jumping straight up is not fun. Also, by making the pitch smaller you will encourage technique in stead of the counter football.

Anyways, gz to the US but the real winner in football yesterday was Mexico since they won the U-17 WC for men (which is actually a bigger tournament then the ladies WC: 16 teams vs 24).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraah View Post
    This thread is really unnecessary. Nobody made a 'Go mexico" Thread when they won..
    ahahahaha

this.
    this all day everyday.

Glad to see americans finally getting good at a sport that EVERYBODY plays.
    Batiatus: What would you do to hold your wife again, to feel the warmth of her skin, to taste her lips, would you kill?
    Spartacus: Whoever stood between us.
    Batiatus: How many men? A hundred, A thousand?
    Spartacus: I would kill them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesirrobin View Post
    ahahahahathis.this all day everyday.Glad to see americans finally getting good at a sport that EVERYBODY plays.
    Do you have men big enough in Europe to actually play American football? Hehe I actually just got into soccer, but I dont like the nationalism behind it. I don't even root for the US, my favorite team is Germany after a game I watched last year

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Grats to my southern neighbors. I saw the game and it was called fucking horribly.

Also Solo is hot.
    dont forget alex morgan

I think this game, for me at least, represented why Americans love athletic competition, and are so frustrated with Soccer. I watched the Japan-Germany game the day before, and it was great! Both teams played hard, they played clean, and they displayed loads of skill.

So then I watch USA-Brazil, and I see another match decided by the referees. I see yet another South American team constantly whining and crying, flopping and screaming whenever they get touched, and showing amazingly poor sportsmanship. It's like they have absolutley no respect for the sport. If all the matches were played the way Japan and Germany did, I think we'de like the sport better.

The match ended the way it was supposed to, with the more deserving and determined team winning. Especially by playing the final 55 minutes with one player down.

Just my opinion.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 06:22 PM ----------

With such an amazing soccer tradition in Brazil, your country should be disgusted with how your team represented themselves yesterday.

It was a pretty crazy game and great finish. The refereeing I don't think was awful or at least nothing different in this one game then what you have seen all tournament. I don't think over all the world cup leaders are probably pleased with the officiating in the tournament.

Japan's win against Germany was pretty awesome. Japan gets no respect and during the game Julie Fowdy (typical US soccer analyst) said that Germany probably wanted a better quarterfinal opponent than Japan. The commentators did not even choose Japan to get out of their group? Asian countries in general seem to be the victim of sports prejudice and people are in love with "athletes" rather than players who can actually play their sport and more skilled. I know I am American watching US television and it has ex US national team members on it but I really wish it wasn't so biased. The US is a country of immigrants and US V Mexico games even if the match is in the US Mexico still is pretty much the home team in crowd attendence. Viewers on TV are also probably very high made up of mexican and mexian american supporters.

Yay US for knocking off Brazil which is probably the team the other teams in the semis don't want to play out of the US or Brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ladys soccer? u 17 wc? sory but no
    im watching Copa América
    GO ARGENTINA (last cup we kicked up the usa ass for 4 – 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudaloht View Post
    Ladys soccer? u 17 wc? sory but no
    im watching Copa América
    GO ARGENTINA (last cup we kicked up the usa ass for 4 – 1)
    How is Argentina doing in the Copa Amercia lol. They are in an awful group and playing very poorly. No wonder you brag about beating the US in soccer/football. You have the best player in the world and one of the top teams in the world and you for some reason find it an accomplishment to beat a bad country at likely their least coveted sport? Maybe Argentina isn't that great of a team after all.