Buying a new computer!

Hey everyone. As you can see I'm new here, but I have been lurking around the forums for a long time now. I am looking to buy a new computer with around a 500.00 (Canadian dollar) budget. A friend of mine is selling his and the specs are:

Motherboard: AsusTek M3N78-VM nforce-720a chipset
    Graphics:Asus Radeon 5770HD 1GB,DDR5 COPPER-CORE PCI-E
    Ram: 3GB DDR2
    CPU: AMD Phenom 8450 Triple core 2.1 GHZ
    HD: 120GB
    Monitor: Samsung 953BW 2ms 19' LCD Monitor (1400x900)
    Mouse: Logitech MX-518 Optical Gaming Mouse

I am not a computer guy at all, and have little idea one how good any of this stuff is. I was just wondering if you guys (or gals) could give me some input on if this computer would run WoW smoothly and without trouble. I do not need it on ultra graphics or anything, just something that beats my current laptop

Thank you!

It's weak, will probably get around 20fps on medium/high settings with that small monitor.

Problem with those parts is that the computer is around 4 years old, and when you're buying any electric devices that old you have very high risk of something being at the end of it's lifetime.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible computer, first gen phenoms are terrible. The only thing good is the video card, and still then its, meh.

Look at this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eet+spot+build
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Deleted
    You'd be better off adding another 200-300 dollars to that and getting a prebuilt machine from somewhere like Newegg. You'll save more money ofcourse if you build it yourself, but the customer support that comes with a prebuilt machine atleast gives you that safety net if you're not feeling all that technical.

A system such as this http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16883229265 and coupled with

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16814131434.

Or you could try and salvage the card from your friends PC. But like others have said it's totally not worth the 500 dollars (Can).

Thanks a lot for the fast feedback! I really appreciate it. I have decided I'll hang on to my money and try and find a better setup.

I found this computer on Best Buy, it looks pretty nice for $500.00. I'll maybe just pick up an after-market graphics card.

Here's the specs:

Processor Type: AMD Athlon II X4 645
    Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
    Processor Cores: 4
    RAM: 4GB DDR3
    Hard Drive Capacity: 1 TB
    Optical Drive: 16X DVD+/-R/RW Drive
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE