Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    [QUOTE=walexia;12206208]

Agree and then some, ppl still cry tho, they need to just cancel there sub and go away lol...

"lower-tier" gear for a new season was an error, gear from previous season usually became the lower tier for the next... dont know why they've done that...
    Victory to the Alliance !

I've already farmed 16,000 on my lock since s10 hit and I'm almost done :3

Now for 3-4 more toons gahh. JK I love crushing people in BGs. I just don't like 8 min horde ques and alliance winning TB 80% of the time on my server

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Loads of people seem to misunderstand the whole point. The point is not the farm itself, but to farm TWICE in two weeks because blizzard screwed up. Not only twice to gain the honor but also twice to get the gold again to get your enchants / gems. (Don't know about your realm, but prices are fucked up on mine, 5k for 50 int on bracers)..
    Most people understand this point. I think what a lot of people -don't- understand is that Blizzard isn't going to all of a sudden reimburse everyone ALL of the honor they spent, because people are complaining. They're giving back 4k. More complaining doesn't really mean much.

That said, the actual gear being upgraded, while a legitimate complaint, pales in comparison to what some folks probably spent on enchants and gems for the 365 gear. 4k, while a nice gesture on their part, doesn't really begin to compensate some people's expenses.
    I'm a crazy taco.

This entire situation is stupid and was caused by players with very bad common sense doing a math equation, which is accurate, but wrong at the same time. They compared the stats from a full set of the óld´gear to the stats of a full set of the ´new´gear. But that is meaningless because NOBODY had a full set of the new gear on the first day it was available. People who did not spend their honor the first week could only buy 1 or 2 pieces of the new gear.... the equation which showed a huge gear gap was bogus because it was based off of the inaccurate assumption that people instantly bought a full set of the new gear on the first day.

The fact is that the people who did not spend their 4000 honor the first week, bought 2 pieces of the new gear, then had to compete against people who had bought the older gear, which was substantially better (except for 2 pieces) than what the older people had. From that point on, both people were gaining honor at the same rate.. so while the older person was replacing good gear with his first piece of the new ´better´ gear.. the other person was replacing his third piece of crap gear with the new better gear.

But once that person posted the ´full set comparisons´ on the forums.... nobody had enough common sense to correct him and it created this storm. Also, lets be a little honest here... that first weekend was AV weekend.. which is by far the fastest and easiest way to earn honor. It wasn´t exactly ´hard´ to purchase that óld´gear... which again... except for 2 pieces, is much better than what the person has who didn´t spend honor that first week.

The only argument that holds any weight is the enchants and gems that had such a small life span.

has anyone been able to get reimbursed yet?

waiting on multiple tickets across characters
    zzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    Most people understand this point. I think what a lot of people -don't- understand is that Blizzard isn't going to all of a sudden reimburse everyone ALL of the honor they spent, because people are complaining. They're giving back 4k. More complaining doesn't really mean much.

That said, the actual gear being upgraded, while a legitimate complaint, pales in comparison to what some folks probably spent on enchants and gems for the 365 gear. 4k, while a nice gesture on their part, doesn't really begin to compensate some people's expenses.
    Because you shouldn´t be farming twice. Grind your conquest, use your 1 week old honor gear in the other slots. Just by capping conquest, you are going to be getting a ton of honor.. so you will replace some pieces quickly with conquest over the next week, and a bunch more with the new honor gear. The ilvl difference between the old honor gear and the new honor gear is very small considering it is only going to be on a few pieces anyway.

Only problem I had with this is, that I didn't farm at all on some of my characters due to me having T2 s9 Gear.

If I would have know there was going to be 371 gear for honor I would have honor capped on my mains as to at least buy a few items off the gates, I'm not in the same boat as people who farmed all day and night ( why would you imo your fault ) to get 365 gear, but instead on the other side of oh, I would of at least like to have know so I could honor cap and save instead of spending it on other things like mats.

But like I said for me, its not a big deal at all.

At least they are trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekdin View Post
    Only problem I had with this is, that I didn't farm at all on some of my characters due to me having T2 s9 Gear.

If I would have know there was going to be 371 gear for honor I would have honor capped on my mains as to at least buy a few items off the gates, I'm not in the same boat as people who farmed all day and night ( why would you imo your fault ) to get 365 gear, but instead on the other side of oh, I would of at least like to have know so I could honor cap and save instead of spending it on other things like mats.

But like I said for me, its not a big deal at all.
    /thread

The people who are all like, 'I have to farm again to be viable in arena!' If you had to farm in the first place, that means you didn't arena enough during the season to get the gear when it was conquest points. The season was more than long enough for people to be in complete 365 from their 1343 points a week.

Everything there is to be said on this topic has been said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE