New to PVP and Rated BGs

So I'm a PVE-er, and before you bust out the torches and pitchforks, here me out.

I recently came across this sexy beast: http://www.wowhead.com/item=70909#screenshots:id=234624

And I want it. To that extent, I'm coming over to the PvP side of the game.

Now, I'm sure with enough dungeons, I'll get the points to buy a couple pieces of pvp gear, but my question is... what do I do then? How do I go about joining a rated battle ground? Do I just use the icon on the toolbar or do I need to form my own group like an arena team?

Do I need to win 75 in a row, or just overall?

Thanks for the help.

15+ Year Old Account
    You have to form your own group or join one, you can't solo-queue for Rated BG's.

You do not need to win 75 in a row, that would make it kind of impossible for ANYONE to get it. Just need to win 75 in total, which isn't something you do in a day, but with enough time you can easily PUG it.

Deleted
    Look up anything on Rated Battle Grounds w/ Google, Lots n lots of help and shizz there.

I dont know how you get pvp pcs from dungeons (other than once a week BH) but even if so they would be a huge waste of time compared to honor grinding bg's.

You're going to need to grind out random bg's a ton. Maybe you can get a few friends that pvp regularly to do it as a 5 man grp on vent to contribute to your team winning more often. 5 people on vent make a difference in most bg's. at times they can even make the difference in AV/IoC (40 man bg's).

Generally speaking you're going to need full 365ilvl Vic gear and weapon(s) with resilience of 3500+ to be able to get invites to rbg's. RBG's require 10 man raids. Your raid leader ques up for rated battlegrounds for the grp.

Just like in pve you'll need vent and for any semi serious teams you will have to have a mic.

You also need to learn some basic strats to win each battleground. RBG strats can be somewhat different from pugs because both teams are in vent and organized so on the fly adjustments are hugely important even though the goal is the same.

You only need to win 75 rbg's to earn the mount. I'm presently at 103 wins 56 losses, Champion rank on my main. We have numerous in our guild that made High Warlord last season and it took 200+ wins generally speaking.

Good luck, and thanks in advance for contributing to my ranking up should we meet up vs your teams!

ps: you dont need to play on the same team every time. It isnt like arena where your rating is based on one particular team, nor are your wins dependent on playing with only one team of players. It's accumulative.