10+ Year Old Account

Equip Manager and Addons

Since 4.2, I've had this strange problem on my warrior.
    Whenever I try to chance item set with ingame equip manager in combat, interface action fails due to addon.
    If I disable all addons, it works perfectly.
    When I try to enable 1 addon, no matter which, it bugs out again. I tried a WTF reset and a Blizzard UI (all Blizzard addons) reset.
    I try with only Addon Control Panel on, doesn't work. I disable it, it works. I enable another, it doesn't work, I disable, it works again.
    It keep go with every addon I have, and it kinda freaks me out.

Any help?

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 11:24 AM ----------

Found the problem, several addon blocked the ability to use Equip Manager in combat.
    !OverSimplified
    Addon Control Panel
    Decursive
    MinimapButtomBag
    Prat 3.0
    oRA3
    Quartz (QQ)
    SushiSort
    TotemTimers
    nibSpellAlertConfig
    kRestack.

Any know a replacement for Quartz?
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

afaik, if I got this right:

• Addons should not be able anymore to switch gear in combat, since that was an intended change in patch 4.2
    • There is currently (build 4.2.14333) a bug with using /equipset in combat, since it's intended to work, but Blizzard forgot to make it a "secure slash command"
    • /equip and /equipslot should still work, while in combat, since they are properly secure slash commands

About the addons .. I'd think they are not really related, since using /equipset wouldn't work when in combat anyway ..
    Last edited by Ketho; 2011-07-11 at 11:37 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I believe that, while in combat, you can only change weapons and trinkets. I may be wrong, but I know you can't change armor slots out.

You can't change trinkets while in combat, it's always only been weapons.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator