Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Which class should i pick for PvP healing?

I want to level a class mainly for healing in PvP, but i don't know which one i should pick.
    I pvp healed as a disc priest back in wotlk and i loved it, but i dont know if i want to play as disc again or if i should pick another class.
    I've quit the game for about 5 months, so i don't know which classes are performing well, and which 'suck'

Anyway, i'd like to know which classes are doing well these days, who heals the best in bg's, 2v2, 3v3, who has the best survivabilty, who has the best mana controll etc.

Roll a Resto sham, there fun and OP if played right, GL

Deleted
    resto shaman for sure

Resto shaman.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Resto shaman is the new druid. You'll have a hard time being caught. With that sayd, Discplines always give me a hard time as well.
    Smierc @ Quel'thalas EU

Disc is still very strong, it hasn't changed much.

Shaman now has the best mobility thanks to Ghost Wolf and snares.

Paladin probably has the best pure burst healing and mana efficiency, afaik his crit procs etc. were buffed recently.

Druid is pure garbage. Lifebloom is now like Earth Shield (limited to one target outside of ToL), only it takes 3 GCDs to apply and can be purged. HoTs are much, much weaker than they were before Cataclysm. Travel Form is far worse than Ghost Wolf, Swiftmend is worse than the other healers' instants (longest CD), cast heals are the worst (don't proc anything special, fast heal has a wasted HoT portion) and Druids have the worst defense. The only advantage is Cyclone, but its range and duration were nerfed and it's Nature school, like all of your heals.
    Last edited by Feranor; 2011-07-11 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Druid is pure garbage.
    Lololol

If anything has the strongest overall healing output its the druid. I mean, you can ask him to HoT you up and go LoS. Good Game.

I'm a pvp noob but I seem to get trained down pretty hard when I do pvp as resto like how do you cast with melee on you? I just slowly die
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Lololol

If anything has the strongest overall healing output its the druid. I mean, you can ask him to HoT you up and go LoS. Good Game.
    Lololol

CC you, switch to Druid, Druid dead.
    Purge you, you dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Lololol

This is simply not true, you should try playing a druid on live rather than wotlk private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc does reasonably well. Not as strong as Resto Shamans or (depending on comp) Holy Paladins, but it'd still be my choice of preference. It's what you're most familiar with, one of the more fun healers (in my opinion anyway) and versatile. Additionally, I consider it solid practise for if you do decide to switch to another healer.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Disc does reasonably well. Not as strong as Resto Shamans or (depending on comp) Holy Paladins, but it'd still be my choice of preference. It's what you're most familiar with, one of the more fun healers (in my opinion anyway) and versatile. Additionally, I consider it solid practise for if you do decide to switch to another healer.
    RMP = <3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm a pvp noob but I seem to get trained down pretty hard when I do pvp as resto like how do you cast with melee on you? I just slowly die
    Barkskin,Nature's Grasp, Call for a peel and travel form away >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Druid is pure garbage. Lifebloom is now like Earth Shield (limited to one target outside of ToL), only it takes 3 GCDs to apply and can be purged. HoTs are much, much weaker than they were before Cataclysm. Travel Form is far worse than Ghost Wolf, Swiftmend is worse than the other healers' instants (longest CD), cast heals are the worst (don't proc anything special, fast heal has a wasted HoT portion) and Druids have the worst defense. The only advantage is Cyclone, but its range and duration were nerfed and it's Nature school, like all of your heals.
    you forgot the part where when they pop ToL no one on their team can die.
    other than that, they are a bit weaker than they used to be. at least bark skin can't be dispelled now. their mana efficiency is pretty insane if you ask me, much easier to manage than a resto shaman, but disc probably has the easiest mana management. paladins have terribad mobility, but freedom is annoying.
    Last edited by msdos; 2011-07-11 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    I play a druid and I really love it. When played right you have great healing output and loads of control.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    other than that, they are a bit weaker than they used to be. at least bark skin can't be dispelled now. their mana efficiency is pretty insane if you ask me, much easier to manage than a resto shaman, but disc probably has the easiest mana management. paladins have terribad mobility, but freedom is annoying.
    Even in ToL they die faster than any other healer and it burns their mana pretty fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Mana efficiency is the paladin's department, not ours (druid speaking).

If u want to have fun in 2V2 or BGs resto Druid must be the best choice
    in 3v3 or 5v5 ,resto shaman for sure

Disc is still very strong, it hasn't changed much.
    Since 4.1? No, Since wotlk? Yes. Every healer changed with cata, you will certainly need a few weeks to get used to the new healing style of this expac. But it is fun and well worth it. I run disc right now and i lurvs it

Swiftmend is worse than the other healers' instants (longest CD).
    Because it hits like a truck.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    You can't really say which healer to pick.

When it comes to performance right now:
    - Druids are at the worst place
    - Shamans at the best place but I wouldn't go as far as saying OP
    - Priests are ok but they get destroyed by melee
    - Paladins are fine-ish. Still having some CC problems so they have to pillar hump like there is no tommorow. But overall are doing well. Those 200% crit heals... Yum...

When it comes to what you enjoy then priests have absorbs and pennance, shamans have a lot of instants and earthshield, druids have hots that are weak and can be easily purged. Paladins have nothing much in this department and have to hard cast the most.

Play whatever you want and don't focus on what is OP atm. It changes every other month.