10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Rise of the planet the apes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Planet_of_the_Apes

whats everyones thoughts on this movie coming soon?

plot:

Will Rodman (James Franco) is working on a cure for Alzheimer's by performing tests on apes. The first test subject is Caesar. This "cure" genetically modifies his way of thinking to create a new breed of ape with human-like intelligence. Caesar learns well, but human authority continues to test him and contain him. He eventually proves smart enough to break free from his cage and release the cure among other apes, affecting other apes like Caesar. Millions of apes begin to rally up a revolution. Soon, war breaks out between humans and apes. Rodman may be the only one able to stop them before the ape revolution succeeds in them becoming the dominant species on the planet
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks interesting. Can't be any worse than the last Planet of the Apes remake with Marky Mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks okay from the trailer. I might wait for the dvd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Looks interesting. Can't be any worse than the last Planet of the Apes remake with Marky Mark.
    oh wow a moderator posting in my thread and not closing it? yay im honored

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the trailer in theaters..... i highly doubt i'll ever see this movie. And I love science fiction, this is just too out there. All those apes in one place? yeah.. right. The apes beating back a military with guns, tanks, and huge bombs.. ha yeah right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahal View Post
    I've seen the trailer in theaters..... i highly doubt i'll ever see this movie. And I love science fiction, this is just too out there. All those apes in one place? yeah.. right. The apes beating back a military with guns, tanks, and huge bombs.. ha yeah right.
    cgi ftw i reckon

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the trailer...and I have to say that I can't think of a dumber sounding movie...ever...

I mean.....1 monkey gets smart....and figures out how to, apparently covertly, genetically alter millions of other apes? So many that they are able to win an armed war against humans!? Lolwut? This is worse then snakes on a plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Oh it can. How many apes and monkeys are there in zoos around the U.S. for example? A few thousand? They're going to start to revolt against a population of 300 million people who have guns and technology? This mutation better make the apes bulletproof and humans too retarded to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Oh it can. How many apes and monkeys are there in zoos around the U.S. for example? A few thousand? They're going to start to revolt against a population of 300 million people who have guns and technology? This mutation better make the apes bulletproof and humans too retarded to defend themselves.
    Have you not seen the MANY upon MANY of movies where human American arrogance and Ignorance play vital roles in the destruction of American cities in movies.

Transformers Dark of the Moon, Independence Day, ( i am to tired to think of the multitude more movies) these movies show the blatant stupidity and arrogance of American Tech and guns. Given the right moment and time yea They could take over. Remember Cesar is smarter than the humans he is enslaved by so he can use the tech just as good as us

The 2001 remake? It didnt seem to be all that bad. Very much worse than the original, but still "meh."

Deleted
    Well from the trailer doesn't look to be anything special, but I hope it turns to be good.