Deleted

Firelands trash farming question

Hey all.

I have been soloing the trash in firelands for about 2 days, maybe 5 hours and looted 3 epics, then we have one other hunter on this server that farms it every day and getting like 10 epics each day, that is like 300k a day lol, he keeps saying that he is killiing some special mobs, but i can't understand what mobs he is killing, i can solo turtles + scorpions, any suggestions of what mobs he is killing?

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea, He's probably just trolling you and is very lucky with RNG or a liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Your exploiting bugs - which hopefully will be fixed shortly.

There is a sleight suggestion for you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Your exploiting bugs - which hopefully will be fixed shortly.

There is a sleight suggestion for you
    Exploiting bug? I go there, use Howling Blast to apply Chillblains on mobs and just kite them. How is that exploiting bug. It's a desing flaw at most to make trash there kiteable by pretty much any class with proper AoE slow. Heck there's even a post about affli warlock soloing them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

As an affi warlock, I had reasonable profit doing this for the first 3-4 days of patch :3

I believe that the scorpions and turtles no longer drop items (or rep?) though.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    As an affi warlock, I had reasonable profit doing this for the first 3-4 days of patch :3

I believe that the scorpions and turtles no longer drop items (or rep?) though.
    That's false.

Quote Originally Posted by rio94 View Post
    Hey all.

I have been soloing the trash in firelands for about 2 days, maybe 5 hours and looted 3 epics, then we have one other hunter on this server that farms it every day and getting like 10 epics each day, that is like 300k a day lol, he keeps saying that he is killiing some special mobs, but i can't understand what mobs he is killing, i can solo turtles + scorpions, any suggestions of what mobs he is killing?
    The first few packs (notably the hell hound and scorpion/turtle packs) have had their drop rates reduced for epic items/patterns, hunters however can kite the larger adds later on and do enough damage to bring them down (from range) and then feign to reset the other adds. Those adds haven't had their drop rates reduced yet, so that's how he/she would be gaining more items from trash farming than a DK

15+ Year Old Account
    I do think that they have really nerfed the epic drops though. Though I am not soloing it we are running our guild through 3 trash runs and ZERO epics or patterns drop. We had a few more members running in a run and they completed 3 trash runs and they had ZERO epics or patterns drop.

The trash we do is to the left and the stuff just past the turtles on the right.

So when they said they were nerfing the drop rates boy did they or is my guild just super unlucky.
    Zift

Deleted
    after 5k worth of firelands rep all from trash i agree drop rates are crap now i have seen only 1 blue and 3 greenies so far.
    all my rep was gotten after nerf as i mised first week of 4.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    I do think that they have really nerfed the epic drops though. Though I am not soloing it we are running our guild through 3 trash runs and ZERO epics or patterns drop. We had a few more members running in a run and they completed 3 trash runs and they had ZERO epics or patterns drop.

The trash we do is to the left and the stuff just past the turtles on the right.

So when they said they were nerfing the drop rates boy did they or is my guild just super unlucky.
    One of the hotfixes explicitly stated that they "severely nerfed the droprate of patterns"

Before the hotfix is was just stupid, we got 7 patterns on one trash run
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree at first it was nuts but now they seem like they don't drop at all.
    Zift

10+ Year Old Account
    I started farming post nerf. Did 20 runs tops since I started last week.

Got 5 epics with only that number of runs. Not too bad... I'm either super lucky, or you guys are reeeeeally unlucky.

OP: You can easily solo the hounds as well, not only turtles (which, btw, dont dropp gear, only patterns) and scorpions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildshooter View Post
    I started farming post nerf. Did 20 runs tops since I started last week.Got 5 epics with only that number of runs. Not too bad... I'm either super lucky, or you guys are reeeeeally unlucky.OP: You can easily solo the hounds as well, not only turtles (which, btw, dont dropp gear, only patterns) and scorpions.
    I got my tanking ring off of a turtle yesterday

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone doesn't understand emergent gameplay.

Just because the dev's didn't factor in something (I doubt yogg-saron was designed to be soloed by a level 85, ever) doesn't mean its exploiting a bug. People like you think that every time someone is doing something other then the way Bliz had intended, its a bug. I doubt, for instance, suiciding a blackout on heroic V and T was intended, but its certainly not a bug. Nor is it exploitation. Exploiting implies cheating. Something exploitational would be a DK finding a way to never consume runes, or a warrior who never uses up rage, or something similar.