Poll: Does every movie with Shia LaBeouf suck?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Movies] Does every movie with Shia LaBeouf suck?

Im curious what everyone thinks about this but i cant help but wonder how some movies might have turned out if a more interesting actor "" had taken Shias place. After watching transformers 3 and the Crystal Skull in the same week Im almost certain that any movie with him in it is destined to fail.

EDIT: Removed "not experienced enough" (I suppose hes experienced enough)
    Last edited by Sarmifias; 2011-07-11 at 04:12 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he is experienced enough. He is just not good enough.

I liked Holes, mind you I haven't seen it since I was about 12 years old, and my memory is cloudy and my taste in movies sucked back then.

Disturbia was decent.. Rear Window copy.. not an exact remake, more of an updated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmifias View Post
    Im curious what everyone thinks about this but i cant help but wonder how some movies might have turned out if a more interesting, more experienced actor had taken Shias place. After watching transformers 3 and the Crystal Skull in the same week Im almost certain that any movie with him in it is destined to fail.
    Transformers 3 rocked. It was in no way a failure. And I don't think Crystal Skull failed because of Shia, but because... well, Crystal Skull aliens. The rest of the Indiana Jones movies, while hinting at supernatural origins, never went out and said "Aliens... and magic... and Raptor Jesus".
    Not to mention that, back when the first 3 were made, that sort of story/action was fantastic, and now people are so used to everything exploding just by looking at it that a classic action/adventure isn't as intriguing.

Edit:

And yes, I loved Holes/Disturbia/Eagle Eye/Transformers 1 and 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

15+ Year Old Account
    I liked him in Wall Street 2 and Eagle Eyes. Holes was pretty good. Disturbia he was decent.

Disturbia was kinda good and Eagle eye was a decent film.

Transformers 3 was The Island v2.0

As far as mindless action movies go, it was okay. However when it comes down to real movie issues (plot, acting, etc) - Transformers 3 was almost as bad as the second one.

Transformers 3 was too long, imo. I still liked it, but it should've been a half hour shorter, at least.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like him in Disturbia and Constantine.

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought he was good in i-Robot

It all comes down to just preference, you paid to see the movie, so you had to have wanted to see it, despite him.

I would have preferred Kid Rock's cover of Saturday Night's Alright to have Steven Tyler than Chad Kroeger, but I still listened to the song and enjoyed it, I just had a different preference for it.

hatas

fyi, if a movie sucked in your eyes, it's b/c you probably had some lofty unmarketable high expectations. Not saying you should see a movie with low expectations, but it's a just a movie, get real. It's for entertainment, if an actor didn't live up to your hype, it's not going to change anything in the end. Nothing wrong with criticing a movie, but I doubt you dislike a movie just b/c of one actor. There has to be multiple reasons imo.

If you don't like him, then don't see movies with him in it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only movies i have seen him in are Holes, Eagle Eye, The Crystal skull, and the Transformers movies.
    I liked all of the movies except The Crystal skull, his acting was very good in all of the movies i have seen him in, The Crystal skull included even though the movie itself was crap (imo).

Edit: He was also good in I-Robot ( I enjoyed the movie ).

I thought he was good in just about every movie hes been in. I enjoy his acting

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not terrible, he just enjoys running more than acting, jokes aside transformers 3 and eagle eye were both hilarious movies, still decent tho

If you had told me this kid would have been playing Sam Witwicky in Transformers movies later on, I'd have laughed at you and told you to get the hell out.
    He's done very well in terms of moving up.

Deleted
    The characters he plays can be a little annoying but his acting is good enough to make me care. I have no problem with him. 70% of a character comes from the writers anyway/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    If you had told me this kid would have been playing Sam Witwicky in Transformers movies later on, I'd have laughed at you and told you to get the hell out.
    He's done very well in terms of moving up.

Don't forget Indiana's Son, Maybe Curly head geeky are cool, look at Justin timberlake, Is it me or does he have massive nostrils

15+ Year Old Account
    He's honestly a pretty cool guy, I just, for some reason, like the way he acts. When he starts talking real fast, which is most of the time, it reminds me of me a bit, lol. Happens alot in his movies. I just enjoy watching him act.