Priest Questions... Prof, Race and Shadow Spec.

See my Armory first, my nick is: Roxtão - What is the best profession for PvE Shadow Priest and PvE Holy Priest? - I making BloodElf, the racials "instant 6% mana and silence aoe" is the best racial? - Shadow Spec today grant great DMG for raids? - Thx!
    Last edited by roxtonziN; 2011-07-11 at 11:13 AM.

if your going, shadow as horde you want to be goblin +1% haste is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by roxtonziN View Post
    See my Armory first, my nick is: Roxtão - What is the best profession for PvE Shadow Priest and PvE Holy Priest? - I making BloodElf, the racials "instant 6% mana and silence aoe" is the best racial? - Shadow Spec today grant great DMG for raids? - Thx!
    Goblin and Troll are the best races and are similar in dps. Troll is a little higher if you time Berserking properly, however the flat haste from goblin makes reaching the 2588 haste plateau easier if you don't have access to DI. Mostly comes down to preference. Blood Elves don't offer much for shadowpriests seeing as mana is a non-issue if you are playing properly.

As for professions, tailoring is the only profession that is significantly better than anything else. Most other professions offer 80 int, with jewelcrafting offering 81 int. Avoid gathering professions and you're fine for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by roxtonziN View Post
    See my Armory first, my nick is: Roxtão
    A link would be much more helpful. If you're US, this should be it: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...xtão/advanced

Tailoring and enchanting are good profs. The general rule is that the crafting profs give a better bonus than gathering profs. Each of them gives about the same bonus.

I also agree with lovecraft, the haste racial would be best for a shadowpriest. I'm unsure how the other specs would chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

15+ Year Old Account
    Engineering is great for shadow and JC is also fantastic for both. Tailoring and enchanting are also good professions, though enchanting can be quite pricy to level depending on server. You have tailoring and enchanting so IMO, just keep those.

Shadow damage in raids is still pretty amazing. I would suggest reading all of the guides here on the site. Arlee wrote a nice beginner priest guide over at H2P (http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=168) and there's also a Basic Healer @ 85 guide for when you get there, too (http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=221).

Good luck!

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecraft View Post
    if your going, shadow as horde you want to be goblin +1% haste is awesome.
    The Trolls Racial is also good for PvE Shadow.

On my Priest I've gone Herb/Alch, but can't say that is has benefited anything me save selling herbs on the AH. Tailoring, Enchanting can work together as Zuzziza Said.

Racials, Goblin and Trolls tie for first, BE's for second, everything else is pretty much crap after that. But for looks I like the way BE's look in armor and casting more than any other race. As for professions, my priest has JC and Alchemy and that is a godsend of a combo!