Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2016643365 There's a thread from the Blizzard forums that may provide some help, mcCOOL.

Deleted
    Have you logged into your router and made sure the ports required are forwarded to your mac as well as your pc? Do you have any software blocking incoming connections? A virus checker, firewall, or a program like "Little Snitch".

I'm a little stumped on why your install wont work from the DVD though, the disc is in good condition? It seems like the two issues are unconnected, or at least I cannot fathom a connection between the two.

Good luck!

As for all of you turning this thread into the same age old argument, it's pointless and childish. He asked for help, and not your opinions on what computer/OS you deem best.

Deleted
    With your firewall turned on, follow http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=22748

(It says it is for Leopard, but it is the same for Snow Leopard).

If it still doesn't work, locale you are trying to play on would be useful (EU/US).

Theodon.... the firewall is closed

ZyloCG ... yes and i closed the router firewall and same

Fysi ...firewall is closed also i open it and do what they wrote and same

Deleted
    Ok, what locale are you in?

i am in Dubai, UAE

i have 30mb connection

in my PC wow work perfect but in macbook got this problem

Deleted
    I don't know how stuff works on OSX regarding rights and stuff, but are you sure you are using an account with admin privileges?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you get these errors while trying to patch the game? I'm assuming so, if so, try transfering your WoW folder off your PC on a portable hard drive, that way it is already patched. This may not be a permanent solution, but it will get it done for now.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not try the WoW Technical Support forums, they may be of more use.

Mac Technical Support Forum

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Foxydin View Post
    To enlighten your small world i will tell you that the majority of the world uses PC most Company's use's PC and majority of PC user's are running with Windows and therefore they are a bigger target for malware, viruses and such and the Coder's/hacker's will have a bigger "succes" rate by aiming at these types of machines.
    I for one have never had Anti virus nor anti spyware and have never had anything so if your are clever enough u wont get anything but since most uses PC ofc there will be more, less experienced PC/windows user's and they will fall for it. A fact is that alot of the MAC users dont use anti virus or anti malware and feel save and the distributers of malware and such know this and code their programs so that MAC users wont notice because they are too ignorant and too proud about their fine overpriced, underperforming MAC. MAC's do have viruses and malware but most dont know since they are too careless and blind about their mac they dont use any anti virus or alike.
    MAC = Media Access Control, btw.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meCOOL View Post
    i am in Dubai, UAE

i have 30mb connection

in my PC wow work perfect but in macbook got this problem
    I meant what game locale :P