Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    I was Not talking about Sandybridge, I said the old generation (Clarkdale) core i3 (Dual Core) CPU can run WoW as well as an x6.

Oh yea SURE id like to give you more source to prove my point but unfortunatly theres NONE , Tom Hardware is the only site who has done this.
    Because it's not warranted. As it stands, the older generation would only run it "as well" if they were clocked similarly, and this is because the architecture is relatively on par. Since WoW really won't make use of the additional cores, you're right in the sense that it probably would be better. Anandtech echoes this. HOWEVER, you're wrong in stating that AMDs can't run/have compatibility issues in World of Warcraft.

Also, before saying no other benchmarks exist, do PROPER research.
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/147?vs=118
    And please, try to be a bit more personable.

OK Look a DUAL CORE Core i3 530 can run WoW AS well AS an X6 but this CPU cost 100$ less than a x6 and its only a DUAL CORE. So lets pick a CPU that cost about the same than a x6 , the Core i5 750 (which is clocked 500mhz less than the x6 and also an old generation)

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/109?vs=146

A
    nand actually support my point but I dont count it, because theres no information about the resolution, what kind of gpu were they using, what setting etc etc ..
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-07-12 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cores are IRRELEVANT. The architecture is the relevant point we're making, and I never disagreed with you. Its not an AMD compatibility issue, though.

Im not saying its impossible to run WoW with an AMD CPU .. im just saying, Switching to INTEL will make the difference. This guy want to run around in orgrimmar/raid(25m) at 60FPS with Ultra setting ........... well not going to happen with an AMD CPU(K10) thats it.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-07-12 at 05:38 AM.

I've checked the power performance in both the BIOS and windows itself to be on Performance when I first installed the motherboard, so that's definitely not an issue.

Someone mentioned something about changing a setting in the BIOS; it was related to the idea of switching the slot my video card was in, but I'm not entirely sure of how to do this. I'd be willing to give it a shot...

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 05:56 AM ----------

Also, on topic of the AMD vs. Intel issue; I've stated before: There is a player in my guild currently that is running a LESSER video card with the SAME processor as I have the only difference being that the processor is not overclocked. This guy is getting nearly double my frames in a raid environment during combat. I don't know what to say about that, but.. I think that might prove a point as well..

And you've confirmed he has the SAME settings and same resolution? Many people like to exaggerate the fps they get, or tell you what they get looking at a wall. Or they end up running at a much smaller resolution.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

@ispano: I haven't, but when I turn my resolution down and see no performance increase, I think that says something. Although, I can check with him for what his particle density is. I think that'd be the only taxing thing on the system I'm not willing to give up, and I'm not sure if he has that maxed.

You switched from x4 to x6 but that doesn't necessarily mean that your x6 is superior to your x4. In fact, AMD's Phenom II x4 980 is more powerful than your current x6 CPU. If you still can, I would recommend returning/selling your x6 CPU and buying a i5-2500k.

If replacing your CPU isn't an option I would recommend turning down your Texture Filtering and Multisampling to x2. Those two settings are the most taxing on the system.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz. I can raid just as well on my brothers 965 BE forget what it's clocked at, but it is mildly overclocked. Both 1080p high settings. I brought my wow folder to his place when I visited him for a week. I ran all my addons and reset the graphics options and set them where I normally do. ultra with low shadows max AA and AF.Stop with the AMD can't play wow nonsense. You are making yourselves look like idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    30-35 fps in org is normal if thats what you're complaining about. You can't help that. My gtx 570 sli and I7 930 @ 4.08ghz gets a around 40 standing in the crowded org.

If its doing that while you are in, lets say, Silithus, then theres a problem. I'm not a fan of AMD, but that CPU is more than enough for a 6970.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Did you run GPU-Z again after changing the card's slot to make sure it's running at x16 now?
    Also did you try with Multisampling on x1?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtori View Post
    Did you run GPU-Z again after changing the card's slot to make sure it's running at x16 now?
    Irrelevant. Both, x16 and x8 connections would result in similar performance with that card as it's really unable to utilize the full lane speeds anyway.

@Ishotori: Yes, it is at x16 now up from x8, but yea no difference.

@Haxs101: Keep in mind that at peak hours, I'm getting about 33-38 fps in org, and I am NOT running ULTRA settings; the 30-35 mark was at a semi-busy hour with settings on ultra.

The numbers I've been providing in raids are with my regular settings as well; so you're telling me that 22 fps on a 25 man boss fight is normal for the parts that I've just put into my computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    from the first post, if you have a highly populated server 20-25 fps in ogrimmar with everything maxed (only 4x ms) 4x ts is normal. when i had a single 6850 i would run that.

Im running 3 6950's in SW i would get 35 fps, till i OCed my CPU. now its a steady 60 fps. try OCing your cpu.

@Sizzlinsauce: My CPU is OCd to 3.7 ghz, and it won't go any higher than that.

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 06:44 PM ----------

So I'll be sure to post what my FPS looks like tonight in raid since it'll be my first raid since the motherboard switch. At the very least, I'm hoping to see some sort of increase during combat, although I know I'm not going to see the great numbers others are seeing since I can't run stuff on Ultra like them and s till get 60 fps in orgrimmar.. If anyone else has got any ideas.. please let me know =/

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 08:04 PM ----------

I guess everyone forgot about me