Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Except people in the EU typically know 3-4 languages while Americans usually only know English
    Canadians say hi, 25% population knows AT LEAST both english & french (up to 90% of them in some regions), and 10% knows 3. And I re-quote, KNOWS, as in fluently speaks.

Silly americans with their english :>

Quote Originally Posted by Quoris View Post
    In Europe only England speaks English as their native language, is the knowledge of the English language so bad in the south american countries?
    Yes, mostly spanish. It's like english for us, it's a language spread across multiple nations, their main one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacez View Post
    the North American with Latin America
    I don't like this, it's nothing racist or anything, but it's almost the same thing in League of Legends, you get stuck with players that speak Spanish and it makes it hard to work as a team, not to mention it kind of pisses people off. (Not to mention when you politely ask to speak in English if possible, and they basically shrug you off with a "No")
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-07-12 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I don't like this, it's nothing racist or anything, but it's almost the same thing in League of Legends, you get stuck with players that speak Spanish and it makes it hard to work as a team, not to mention it kind of pisses people off.
    Or you guys could learn Spanish? Isn't it like the second most spoken language in the world?
    I'm from Europe as well try to communicate with Scandinavian people who refuse to speak English, it happens but I can't see how it would ruin a game. (And yes those games are also multiplayer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Or you guys could learn Spanish? Isn't it like the second most spoken language in the world?
    I'm from Europe as well try to communicate with Scandinavian people who refuse to speak English, it happens but I can't see how it would ruin a game. (And yes those games are also multiplayer)
    In some matches you just need communication, especially if they're not pinging the map. I'm not going to learn another language for a game, the problem lies in servers that are English speakers only, being merged with Spanish speakers, it should just be kept separate for those reasons above.

In some matches you just need communication, especially if they're not pinging the map. I'm not going to learn another language for a game, the problem lies in servers that are English speakers only, being merged with Spanish speakers, it should just be kept separate for those reasons above.
    So basically you do not wish to be a part of the solution, may I ask how many languages you know? As far as I know USA schools have it a little bit better than their southern counter part. (At least to my knowledge)
    It never hurts to pick up another language

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you do not wish to be a part of the solution, may I ask how many languages you know? As far as I know USA schools have it a little bit better than their southern counter part. (At least to my knowledge)
    Who said I was American? You assume too quick lol. (Pst, my location below my avatar helps) I don't want to pick up a language for a game, plain and simple. The solution here is: Don't merge servers with different language speakers if it's a game of strategy and team work. Quite a few people hate being left in the dark and uninformed of what that player is going to do, and what the discussion is if they're sitting there rambling on with another other-language speaker.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2011-07-12 at 08:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to note I can speak Spanish somewhat fluently, but that doesn't change the fact that many people can't.

The point people are trying to say is it's forcing a fairly major language barrier between people. Which can be bad in a game that requires quite a bit of communication.(Such as Team games)

And this isn't only hurting the "Silly Americans".

I don't like this, it's nothing racist or anything, but it's almost the same thing in League of Legends, you get stuck with players that speak Spanish and it makes it hard to work as a team, not to mention it kind of pisses people off. (Not to mention when you politely ask to speak in English if possible, and they basically shrug you off with a "No")
    I'm from LA, and even if my grammar isn't perfect I can understand and talk whit almost no problem, and a lot of other ppl from LA can do it to.

I really think that if you are playing PC games (especially MMOs) and you didn't learn basic english you just have downs. Seriously, just use the US client like I do and you wont have any trouble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    The point people are trying to say is it's forcing a fairly major language barrier between people. Which can be bad in a game that requires quite a bit of communication.(Such as Team games)

And this isn't only hurting the "Silly Americans".
    Exactly what I'm trying to say here.

Who said I was American? You assume too quick lol. (Pst, my location below my avatar helps) I don't want to pick up a language for a game, plain and simple. The solution here is: Don't merge servers with different language speakers if it's a game of strategy and team work.
    Yeah sorry :P I made an ass out of myself

I don't really see the problem within languages barriers. Sure you have noobs, but let's be fair noobs do not stick to 1 country.
    I've seen people who are not Russians not responding to pings and getting annihilated by the enemy.

(Russians seem to get the same judgement as southern American players it seems)

Quote Originally Posted by Quoris View Post
    In Europe only England speaks English as their native language, is the knowledge of the English language so bad in the south american countries?
    Everyone i know from Europe can speak at least 2 languages, in my random dungeons i met 1 person that could slightly speak english from a south american server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Everyone i know from Europe can speak at least 2 languages, in my random dungeons i met 1 person that could slightly speak english from a south american server
    Felt it needed more emphasis
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    And when i played everyone hated grouping with the south america servers because
    1. Language
    2.90% of the time they were flat out awful

So ya i wouldnt want to group up with one for SC2 thank you very much

Agreed, had 2 feral druids from south america servers in H VP in the beginning of cata doing sub 2k dps and we couldnt help them figure it out because of language barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Stop being such a downer :P I don't see why they can't when many other games have had global servers with little issue
    not really a downer, but its just the speed of light can't go that fast that's all,lol, a game like sc2 that requires the least of least of latencies, I'm having doubts it will be happening anytime soon

Deleted
    This does not look like joined servers to me? it looks like they are getting dungeon finder in a big way.

I want them to link the US and EU WOW networks similarly.

:>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Toss View Post
    MMR still remains...
    Meaningless in group play because your teammates can significantly hold you back
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Edit: On second thought, that may have sounded better in my head.
    Last edited by Siton; 2011-07-12 at 04:27 PM.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    Canadians say hi, 25% population knows AT LEAST both english & french (up to 90% of them in some regions), and 10% knows 3. And I re-quote, KNOWS, as in fluently speaks.

Silly americans with their english :>
    You should know better then this.
    Americans don't speak English, they speak American.
    Sad butchered version of English.

Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    You mean we actually know how to pronounce our "R's" correctly instead of a long "A" like british do. Just jealous that everyone outside europe prefers the American accent to the uk accent. Even Stephen Hawking programmed his synthesizer for an american accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    Starts at 1:00
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m8_MRgfrs

W
    ho butchered who?
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.