10+ Year Old Account

Question "Behind" more than 180°

Hi, I have read somewhere that because of bosses like Magmaw or Sinestra, "back" of the boss have been enlarged to more than 180° from behind. I'm sure its true because I can Shred Staghelm from behind and also be hit by Flame Scythe in front.

I tried searhing for it but couldn't find anything. Anyone know where is it?
    English is not my mainspec!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was one of the responses in the tenth issue of "Ask the Devs," which you can read in its totality here.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Now there are some encounters where the positional penalty is just too extreme. In 4.2 we have the ability to make the “back” of a boss encompass 240 degrees, and we have done so for bosses like Magmaw, Sinestra and Ragnaros. Furthermore, there are fights where Killing Spree and Feral Charge just kill you. That obviously isn’t acceptable. We have manually added some safeguards to try and manually solve a few encounters, such as Magmaw, but even that isn’t bulletproof and we are investigating more robust and global solutions. But it’s technically challenging given the diversity of our encounters.
    Last edited by Collie; 2011-07-11 at 08:04 PM. Reason: [blizzquote] does not play nice with post edits.

we fought today agianst ragnaros and it's definitly not possible to hit him from behind. only when u stand maximal outside on the platform, only then you can use shred etc. ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbah View Post
    we fought today agianst ragnaros and it's definitly not possible to hit him from behind. only when u stand maximal outside on the platform, only then you can use shred etc. ...
    I'm pretty sure Mihir confirmed that it IS possible to Shred properly on Ragnaros. Presumably without standing in a bad place as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbah View Post
    It's every bit possible to Shred on Ragnaros. I mean, yeah, you can't be at his front and Shred, but even with the tank holding him facing the center of his platform you can still reach his "back" with ease. Mihir even said so. With your tank facing him off to the side (as ours do,) that becomes even easier to do.

Tank stands on the right, Melee stand on the left. Melee get to shred and backstab. Simple as that.

Deleted
    ^this + you won't have to worry about his hammer at all.

Shred with no positional requirement would be epic :P

Didn't read thread, but great signature

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mihir confirmed that it IS possible to Shred properly on Ragnaros. Presumably without standing in a bad place as well.
    That's when you're supposed to use Mangle.

/Ghostcrawler