Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I don't want to Raid and I don't want your Raid gear.

But unfortunately getting new gear is the ONLY form of character progression in wow.Dont forget that wow isn't just an MM its also an ORPG and just because were not all Co-dependent weaklings,riding on the coat tails of others, who feel like sitting around for an hour waiting for the healer or tank to show up so we can waste another two hours either wiping or killing the same bad guys over and over again, dosen't mean that we shouldnt all be able to upgrade our toons.

Personally I don't describe myself as a Casual cause I think I play more and get more and experience more from Azeroth then raiders do.I really wish the game would put in a PvE Tier set for non-raiders that we can work on through out an expansion just like raiders and pvpers do.

The reason for this post is im sooooooo sick of simple minded ppl saying "If you don't raid you don't need raid gear" Again getting new gear is the ONLY form of progression in wow if us non-raiders want it we should be as entitled to it as everyone else instead of just getting raiders old hand me downs.

End Rant.

Well... Really... Why do you want new gear if you're not going to use it? It's actually a question.

If you don't do anything but heroics, all gear does is make them boringly easy.

Deleted
    I feel you OP, i'm very much the same

In my mind wow is not much of an rpg anymore, it really has become Call of Warcraft sadly

edit
    and yea, post below my got it right, try pvp. That's what i'm doing to get gear
    Last edited by mmocd538608e0f; 2011-07-11 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies! Do dailies until your EYES BLEED!

Or PVP. You can go into random BGs, turn off BG chat and just melt faces for hours on end. There's plenty of gear that way. Worst case scenario, you only need one other person to get your Conquest points every week for even better upgrades.

(سಥ益ಥ)س Y U TAKE BOB DOLE'S PEANUT BUTTER?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Well... Really... Why do you want new gear if you're not going to use it? It's actually a question.
    He already answered >.<

It's the ONLY way to progress your character unless you count achievements but i don't see how they count as advancement in an rpg

I can't follow the logic here. Your main mistake is that gear is the end goal for you in WoW. Gear is a means to the end goal of killing the current or next tier of bosses. What do you need gear for if you do not raid or pvp? Do you run dungeons? Did you get rep for the rep items, currently you can gear alts or mains without raiding, but claiming you want the same rewards without the achivement of killing bosses is like asking for Bill Gates paycheck without creating and running Microsoft.

Not NO but HELL NO to your idea.
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.

2 posts about this? but on topic: it would be nice, but dont hold your breath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvesting View Post
    I can't follow the logic here. Your main mistake is that gear is the end goal for you in WoW. Gear is a means to the end goal of killing the current or next tier of bosses. What do you need gear for if you do not raid or pvp? Do you run dungeons? Did you get rep for the rep items, currently you can gear alts or mains without raiding, but claiming you want the same rewards without the achivement of killing bosses is like asking for Bill Gates paycheck without creating and running Microsoft.

Not NO but HELL NO to your idea.
    and your main mistake is that you clearly don't understand how RPGs work

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP or just keep up to date with the teir changes and heroics, not much of a change but thats why I suppose many people have switched off WoW

I don't believe getting gear progresses your character at all. In fact the only thing that does is the fact you can prove you completed everything in the game (achievements). That shows your much more progressed then just having current tier gear. Let's face it, I could level a toon to 85 on a new account and never do anything but heroics and walk into current tier and get current tier gear. It still means nothing.

Deleted
    Especially for you they make Justice Points, and old content nerfed. And you're still QQing?

Sounds like you need to play Final Fantasy instead.

Back in the old days you had 0.5 tier sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    And it seems the OP forgets about the MM part of that. You want single player go find another game, sad but true >,<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aelador123 View Post
    But unfortunately getting new gear is the ONLY form of character progression in wow.Dont forget that wow isn't just an MM its also an ORPG and just because were not all Co-dependent weaklings,riding on the coat tails of others, who feel like sitting around for an hour waiting for the healer or tank to show up so we can waste another two hours either wiping or killing the same bad guys over and over again, dosen't mean that we shouldnt all be able to upgrade our toons.

Personally I don't describe myself as a Casual cause I think I play more and get more and experience more from Azeroth then raiders do.I really wish the game would put in a PvE Tier set for non-raiders that we can work on through out an expansion just like raiders and pvpers do.

The reason for this post is im sooooooo sick of simple minded ppl saying "If you don't raid you don't need raid gear" Again getting new gear is the ONLY form of progression in wow if us non-raiders want it we should be as entitled to it as everyone else instead of just getting raiders old hand me downs.

End Rant.
    So you're saying that just because I raid means I don't read the lore or quest for the fun of it? By you not raiding, you ignore huge parts of the game's on-going storyline. If you don't want to raid, don't raid. Don't complain about the hand-me-downs because you're not willing to work for it. Raid gear is made for raiders who want to raid. If you don't want to raid that's your choice, but what's the value of raiding at all then if people can get it with no effort? You need to work for it. Do you actually work to pay for your World of Warcraft account or do you leech off of someone else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    I don't believe getting gear progresses your character at all. In fact the only thing that does is the fact you can prove you completed everything in the game (achievements). That shows your much more progressed then just having current tier gear. Let's face it, I could level a toon to 85 on a new account and never do anything but heroics and walk into current tier and get current tier gear. It still means nothing.
    So explain this to me
    How is getting better stats not progress?
    In fact, it's the ONLY way to progress your character in wow not counting professions which takes all of 1 day to max out

I think you got it wrong. This ISNT just an ORPG. It IS a Massive MULTIPLAYER Online Role Playing Game. This game is designed and built with the intention of having to play with other people.

If you dont like it then this clearly isnt the game for you

Of course getting gear without doing anything would be nice, but like everybody else says, why is it necessary if you don't do anything with it? Raid gear is MEANT for raiding and endgame PvE content, so it really isn't a necessity to have the gear if you aren't going to do the content it was originally built for. If you're into PvP and making little kids cry, do PvP. The PvP gear isn't overly viable for PvE, but it's perfectly built for PvP. If you enjoy doing dungeons, that gear is meant to make the gateway for harder things. You can always do dungeons for points to buy the raid gear, but all in all, if you aren't going to do the content, it's not worth the time getting the gear for it.

jn2002dk
    What did you mean when you said "Call of Warcraft"? I find it surprisingly easy to play that type of game than a team-based game like WoW. CoD is more or less the exact OPPOSITE of WoW, in the sense that you can kill an entire team in seconds by yourself with a pistol, and it goes unsaid that they're completely different genres.

15+ Year Old Account
    Weird, my character is progressing.

I'm currently leading a massive assault on the Firelands by helping Malfurion establish a Sentinel Tree. Just yesterday i recruited the fearsome Shadow Wardens to my cause and found a cute little Flame Lasher
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    How does new gear make you RPG better? I did all the quests in all the zones before I had raid gear so again why do you need better gear?
    Its fine to be nostalgic of Vanilla WoW, but its completely foolish to want it back.