Question Difference Between DVI and HDMI on Video Cards?

Is there?

Reason I'm asking is I'm getting one, maybe two http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130593 and it has one mini-HDMI port and comes with an adapter. Would there be a difference in just using the DVI cable it comes with, or purchasing an HDMI cable?

I'm assuming it's the same way with TV? How component-HD cables (say for your 360/PS3) are basically the same as an HDMI cable, except with more cables?

I have a GTX560ti and hooked it up to a Samsung Syncmaster P2270HD and using MiniHDMI to HDMI the quality was terrible. I then tried DVI to HDMI and it was exactly the same. I then just used a VGA cable with a DVI adaptor on the gfx card side and the quality was as it normally is. I'm not fully up to scratch with the use of DVI and stuff but I thought my story would help :3

Deleted
    As it's DVI-I, the adapter would work perfectly fine.

Also, could I play max on any game out right now with the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130593 (GTX 570), or should I go SLI? Or just go with one 580?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiducia View Post
    I have a GTX560ti and hooked it up to a Samsung Syncmaster P2270HD and using MiniHDMI to HDMI the quality was terrible. I then tried DVI to HDMI and it was exactly the same. I then just used a VGA cable with a DVI adaptor on the gfx card side and the quality was as it normally is. I'm not fully up to scratch with the use of DVI and stuff but I thought my story would help :3
    I would be more inclined to say that was the TV being a bit crap, because digital signal is either 0 or 1 so you don't really get bad quality unless the thing at either end is being crap.

DVI only carries video while HDMI carries audio and video. the video is digital either way so picture quality should by the same. If your monitor doesn't have speakers there won't be any difference. If it does, you won't need a separate audio connection

Deleted
    I think HDMI also has a form of DRM implemented or at least I remember reading about it when it was first introduced a few years ago.

Of course they could just switch everything to RJ-45 cables, and provide digital quality video, audio AND power via a single cord.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiducia View Post
    I assume you did but just to make sure did you try to manually adjust the monitor settings? and double check the screen resolution after installing the hdmi?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    Of course they could just switch everything to RJ-45 cables, and provide digital quality video, audio AND power via a single cord.
    Not a very good idea.
    Becouse the ordinary person will put a cable into whatever hole he can put it. In sayd case: you're going to have idiots who put internet into the tv and wonder why there is no video.

I quite like HDMI, it takes all the muck which we had before and compressed into 1 industry standard cable.
    Smierc @ Quel'thalas EU