Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars 2 computer question

I was just curious if anybody here has seen or heard of what the Tech Specs are for GW 2? I'm using a Dell Studio XPS 1640, 6GB ram, 1GB ATi Mobility Radeon 4670, 2.93GHz Dual core. If somebody has an answer and they cant post due to an NDA, a simple yes or no in a private message will do. Ty in advance.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunefire View Post
    I was just curious if anybody here has seen or heard of what the Tech Specs are for GW 2? I'm using a Dell Studio XPS 1640, 6GB ram, 1GB ATi Mobility Radeon 4670, 2.93GHz Dual core. If somebody has an answer and they cant post due to an NDA, a simple yes or no in a private message will do. Ty in advance.
    No, No one knows the exact system requirements yet... I suspect even ArenaNet/PlayNC don't yet.
    It has been said though that any machine capable of playing GW (1) will be capable of playing GW2. Maybe not as-well but it will be playable.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only real low point for my system is the Vid card, imho.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

That is indeed a very low GPU, CPU is not bad, But can be better.

The game however is not out yet (I'm sure you know) So there is no 100% Accurate way to determine what will handle it, Heck they might come out with some new graphic engine that any graphics card / CPU set-up will handle it lag free.

But TBH, The way games are going now-o-days id take a guess that your setup will not have an easy time with it. But again, There is no way to tell atm

10+ Year Old Account
    From what they've said, I think you should do ok, they're testing the game on exotic low-end GPU's to make sure it can be played on low end pc's, and yours is ok.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Guild Wars 1 had/has very modest system requirements when it was released and since GW2 is based on the same engine, it too shouldn't be very demanding.

I think it would be reasonable to assume that GW 2 requires:
    -A Dual-Core CPU clocked at at least 2.2 Ghz
    -2 GB of RAM
    -A Direct X 9.0 GPU with at least 512 MB memory.

Recommended will probably be:
    -A Quad Core CPU
    -4GB of RAM
    -A Direct X 11 GPU with 1024 MB memory.

However, bear in mind that GW2 has at least another 6-9 months to go before its release. During that period we'll have yet another GPU (Keplar + Southern Island) and CPU (Bulldozer + Ivy Bridge) generation pass us by.

So if you want to upgrade solely for Guild Wars 2, I'd recommend waiting until we have an actual release date.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As my laptop is no longer covered by the Dell warrenty im looking to upgrade the card if i can find a compatible card for this setup w/o paying an arm and a leg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    That won't matter at all, no game-maker makes games that requires next gen hardware - and I sincerely doubt quad core will be in the recommended specs.
    Of course not, but why upgrade for a game over half a year in advance?

Snd since Quad-Cores are already 3-4 years old.....why wouldn't they be the recommended spec?