Optimal raid dps for Shannox 10m?

As in topic, how much raid dps my group need for shannox N10..

15+ Year Old Account
    each person shld pull around 20k dps, if not replace them... its a tank and spank

Deleted
    What you want is one (better two) dps capable of dealing 30k damage in a single strike (add +40% damage from fire trap). Besides that you can fight him as long as it pleases you, 75k raiddps and a 9+ minutes fight will seal the deal, that's 13k dps per person + 10k from tanks combined.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2011-07-12 at 02:38 PM.

Shannox is tank and spank? I can't tell if you're pretending to be an idiot or if you just are one.

Dps requirement on Shannox isn't high, it's more about control and making sure you get people out of Face Rage in time, your tanks doing the Shannox/Riplimb dance well and people not running into traps. I doubt many were even close to 20k dps when we did this on our ~355 geared alts.

the mechanincs of the fight are so easy that you can easily call him a tank&spank fight

Quote Originally Posted by Tankor View Post
    Shannox is tank and spank? I can't tell if you're pretending to be an idiot or if you just are one.

Dps requirement on Shannox isn't high, it's more about control and making sure you get people out of Face Rage in time, your tanks doing the Shannox/Riplimb dance well and people not running into traps. I doubt many were even close to 20k dps when we did this on our ~355 geared alts.
    The shannox tank in phase 1 and 2 is a pure spank and tank while avoiding taps.
    The Riplimb tank has a little more on his plate, but its pretty much a spank and tank with some kiting/movement to drop the stacking debuff on both tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    the mechanincs of the fight are so easy that you can easily call him a tank&spank fight
    Golemagg was a tank and spank. Shannox is just not hard. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
    The shannox tank in phase 1 and 2 is a pure spank and tank while avoiding taps.
    If it is not a pure tank and spank (avoiding traps) how can it be a pure tank and spank?

O please. 17k+ should be plenty for that fight. Also, Tank n Spank? you do realize there is movement from traps and the need to stay in range of the dogs your killing. Also, Could you try and be more of a d-bag in your response. Settle down there killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiino View Post
    each person shld pull around 20k dps, if not replace them... its a tank and spank
    I'm sry but this is just not true .

I had a PUG the other day for hsannox 10-m (N) . I pulled 24K myself on my demo lock but #2 on the DPS list did 12K . we had shannox to about 5% hp before healers failed to keep the tanks up . we also had plenty of time before the enrage.

it's not a tank and spank that's for sure , and 20K+ DPS will surely help but I wouldn't say that in order to kill shannox EACH should pull that much or be replaced .

Quote Originally Posted by tariel36 View Post
    As in topic, how much raid dps my group need for shannox N10..
    When I was in there last time we had three people (including myselves) at 19k+, one guy at 15k, and two guys (one of them
    being the dog-tank, and being in tank-specc) at 11k (the other 11k guy was a melee). Was easily enough to kill the boss.

It all depends a bit on your setup, but it is an easy boss. Go sure that you have at least two (better three) really good ranged, and that you have two tanks who can do the stuff with the debuffs, and that all of you people manage to avoid traps. If you can
    guarantee this, rest should not matter (even not, if you have 1-2 sub-par dps in the group). The boss is EASY.

Everybody 19k+ dps is not needed, though it is easy enough to be reached.

15+ Year Old Account
    if shannox is a tank and spank for you... lol..... mayb u shld just quit wow or u r a casual...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiino View Post
    ^^ this over and over and 1000000000000x if you are raiding firelands and arent pulling 20k per boss tank and spank boss fight atleast you need to read class forums and get better internet connections!!

well, my current raid setup is: LINK except our mage will prolly switch to arcane for this fight

Deleted
    My group killed him with 79k raid dps.

So with 5 dps thats like... not much per dps

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    If it is not a pure tank and spank (avoiding traps) how can it be a pure tank and spank?
    Just because you have to avoid bad does not change the fact that it is a tank and spank, I know people are going to argue the exact definitions but look at the base mechanics of the fight.
    Maloriak is considered by many a tank and spank at its core, blizzard is trying to change things up as much as they can, but a tank and spank is a tank and spank.

heres a log from our guilds first 10N Shannox...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9.../?s=970&e=1522

as you can see our 5 dps ranged from 12-14k dps. yes it was a 9+ minute fight, but shannox is all about control, and watching where you step.

Optimally everyone should be at at least 15-17K DPS, which is not hard to attain by any stretch of the imagination. You also need people who can crit for over 30K in a single strike, such as a Shaman or Death Knight. Personally, when I first killed him, we were all at 16 - 20K DPS, and the Tank on Shannox was over 10K as well. Fight didn't last too long. Hope that helps a bit to give you an idea of what you need

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankor View Post

RL: "Tanks tanking Boss and dog at max range. Range DD on the one dog then the other, Melees bring the boss down to 40%, Heroism, Don't stand in shit" --> First Try. Not much more than a Tank and Spank, i moved like 2 times during the whole fight (Warlock).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
    Just because you have to avoid bad does not change the fact that it is a tank and spank, I know people are going to argue the exact definitions but look at the base mechanics of the fight.Maloriak is considered by many a tank and spank at its core, blizzard is trying to change things up as much as they can, but a tank and spank is a tank and spank.
    Well it's a tank and spank with a few twists. It really depends on whether you want to use a strict or loose definition of the phrase.@ OP: 15-20k should be enough. Just make sure ppl are saving cooldowns and potions for the burn phase