Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is it just me to Prot paladins are hard to heal?

they take too much damage even though the tank had 360 itemlevel his HP was dropping down so fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Might just be you. =X I heal prot pallys just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    Might just be you. =X I heal prot pallys just fine.
    ...or the paladin you healed was slacking

Quote Originally Posted by Telys View Post
    ...or the paladin you healed was slacking
    ... or using a stupid threat set...

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly wasn't defense capped.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    ... or using a stupid threat set...
    .. or they were BOTH slacking ;P ..

It can go either way. Stam stacking pallies make for sad panda, but tbh I don't run into them much these days. I would much rather heal a noob lfg prot pally than a noob lfg dk, in any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

If a tank of any class is still stacking stamina you're going to have a rough time. Paladins are probably the easiest tank to heal if they're properly geared/gemmed; almost every attack will be reduced by 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I fear when I have to heal a Prot Pally. Most are still stamina stackers as well as mostly played by kids...And whenever you call them out on their bad tanking, it's you as the healer who has the problem cause they are paladins, nothing is wrong with their class... -.-
    I've ran into quite a few this last few days. Like you said when you try to give them pointers they flame and rage and more than likely leave group.
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

Let's be Honest. Prot Paladin's are the easiest to tank with, and as a healer..to heal. But that's part of the "not playing with idiots" perk. I myself have no problem tanking as one (my main), or healing one in a raid encounter. But there's a fine line there, if the person does any combination of things wrong healing paladin's can be REALLY bad, for lack of a better term. Paladin's are either really easy, and a great asset to a raid team as a tank or the worst of the bunch. It all comes down to the person controlling it really.

Stam stacking is very much so still viable. In raids its usually ideal to have atleast 1 stam stacking tank. An example of a stam stacking tank that proves it works.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eckie/advanced

OT: More than likely the tank(s) you have encountered are just bad.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

My guild's main tank is a Prot Pally, and he is incredibly skilled (and full Non-heroic T11 gear), and hence, easy to heal (so is our DK tank) in heroics. While in heroics I (Resto Druid) usually can keep him up by Lifebloom and Rejuvenation alone. As far as raids go, none of our healers usually go below 50% mana during any of the fights (Using their mana-pop cooldowns) unless we're doing Nefarian or Cho'Gall.

Sounds to me like your prot pally is slacking...or he is one of those "DPS Tanks" that try to get as high on recount as possible, while sacrificing survivability in the process.

Prot Pallys are easy to heal...

Death Knights on the other hand...

@Hordecore could you give us more details like where / when you were healing said prot paladin? what gear your in because it could most definatly be you since people were successfully healing people through heroics and raids with blues in the begining of the x-pack, I know personally i can go through a heroic with a tank in blues and never dip below 75% mana.

On the subject of stam stacking tanks its 100% viable aslong as your healers are compitent players and not trash. Most high end tanks do it because they have amazing healers backing them up.

All tanks are susceptible to the whole stacking stam thing, but paladins seem to be more so. ZA is an absolute nightmare with a tank who stacks stam because he just takes so much damage. If the paladin is stacking avoidance, as he should, paladins are no harder to heal than any other tank.

Quote Originally Posted by koss View Post
    @Hordecore could you give us more details like where / when you were healing said prot paladin? what gear your in because it could most definatly be you since people were successfully healing people through heroics and raids with blues in the begining of the x-pack, I know personally i can go through a heroic with a tank in blues and never dip below 75% mana.

On the subject of stam stacking tanks its 100% viable aslong as your healers are compitent players and not trash. Most high end tanks do it because they have amazing healers backing them up.
    Actually most high end tanks do it because heroic modes add more magic damage, not more phsyical damage, and, so for normal modes, mastery is king, where as once you go into heroic modes, you're receiving more spell damage... which you cannot block parry or dodge... so stam is king, as it allows you to survive the spell damage.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

depends on the encounter, as feral druid i have agi set and stam set depending on phys vs magic dmg. it's not what you stack, it matters when you stack it.

Sometimes they stack stamina and nothing else... No dodge, parry, etc.

Protection paladins are one of the strongest tanks imo... you probably just got a tank who had no idea how to gem/enchant/reforge into mastery. That and he probably has no idea that defensive cooldowns exist.

Quote Originally Posted by s8mpurye View Post
    Stam stacking is very much so still viable. In raids its usually ideal to have atleast 1 stam stacking tank. An example of a stam stacking tank that proves it works.

(edited out link cause I can't post em)

OT: More than likely the tank(s) you have encountered are just bad.
    You neglect to mention that he has better avoidance than many of the tanks who do stack avoidance. Treckie has Dodge 15.01% Parry 15.37% Block 58.74%