Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Steam Summer Camp Sales
    Rather, two games for the price of 199SEK! 19,08 GBP. I prefer my games to be physical.
    To say BC2 was a console port, i thought the single player graphics were pretty awesome. It's not about individual elements, but how it all worked together; the effects, textures, world objects. The forest levels still amaze me for some reason. There's a flat texture, but then they've added in doodads such as roots that add an extra level of detail. Likewise, the snowy levels also look pretty damn amazing.

I also wouldn't say BC2 was a groundwork for anything, but more a continuation of a story that PC gamers didn't get to experience before then but without you having to know the story beforehand. It also gave PC gamers something new from the franchaise, first time since BF2 IIRC.

Admittedly, i do see it's shortcomings, but for a console port, it's more than good enough, way better than most.
    I'm still on the boatride in the jungle in Bolivia. I'm slow at singleplayer ^^

Again, I was only bringing other peoples opinion to the board. BC2 has a neat engine, but me having played Crysis 2 before BC2. Well. I've been spoiled.
    And on your last point I can agree.
    I'm hardly an FPS-pro or expert. In fact, I don't enjoy them much, but I thought I'd pick it up as I go along.

A few thoughts.
    Someone said I5 was as good as i7 as nothing uses hyperthreading. That disent seem true. BFBC2 rely s hard on as many threads as it can and uses all 8 threads at near max on my I7@4gig.
    From mem it physics processing, smoke explosions etc.

If you wanna 'max' it, get 3 screens and run 6048x1080 eyefinity resolution. Looks real good here for bfbc2.

On the other hand, my ps2 bfbc2 sounds frickin superb because of my home theater and is sooo much cheaper.
    Maybe buy a console and play it there?

Quote Originally Posted by troyus View Post
    A few thoughts.
    Someone said I5 was as good as i7 as nothing uses hyperthreading. That disent seem true. BFBC2 rely s hard on as many threads as it can and uses all 8 threads at near max on my I7@4gig.

If you wanna 'max' it, get 3 screens and run 6048x1080 eyefinity resolution. Looks real good here for bfbc2.

On the other hand, my ps2 bfbc2 sounds frickin superb because of my home theater and is sooo much cheaper.
    BFBC2 to PC has better sound, still.
    You just need a halfdecent (even cheap ones will do, as long as you don't run onboard) soundcard and a pair of non-gaming (because the 'gaming' tag for sound actually means shit) phones/5.1 speakers.

I've placed an order for Sennheiser-headphones and an ASUS Xonar DX just to enjoy BFBC2 sound. And my two new screens will arrive in stock shortly, I hope. :3

Speaking of which. If anyone have considered ordering Siberia V2 from Steelseries (or any steelseries/razer headset). It's pure garbage.

A few thoughts.
    BFBC2 uses all 8 cores? Thats news to me thank you, but 1 game doesnt justify $100 increase imo, but then again some people are building new computers just for BF3

BFBC2 sound is sexy btw

A few thoughts.

A problem arises if the game use cores efficiently, if it can, HyperThreading is actually harmful to the performance. If it cannot however, then it could be theoretically beneficial.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    BFBC2 uses all 8 cores? Thats news to me thank you, but 1 game doesnt justify $100 increase imo, but then again some people are building new computers just for BF3

BFBC2 sound is sexy btw
    I've heard enough about BFBC2 to discount it as fabricated.

Yea, since I can't play on my halfdecent 5.1 anymore due to complaints from roomie et c, I'm forced to listen to explosions sounding like static because of my Siberia. D: I can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    A few thoughts.

No way in hell that's happening on a <$1000 budget
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Wait until closer to release.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    The i7 has hyper threading and no games use it
    Supreme commander would want to have a word with you, but that's about it

10+ Year Old Account
    No, really, it wouldn't. I actually went back and tried it a few months ago, and even with 2 580's and a 2600K, it still lagged like crazy when i got into the 250+ unit per player range, even with Large Address Aware and the core optimiser program. They originally said "Yeah, it'll take a beast PC to run it so smooth at those high end settings", and here we are what, 3... 4? years later, and it's still not able to run smooth on the best available? Engine design was just poor in that regard.
    Sounds like it, any clue how that build runs SC2 on ultra? just a single 580 though
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.