Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it hard to get 2200 Rating doing BG's

Hi,

I have done 6 RBG's so far won 4 lost 2...can you pug your way u think with vent and semi competent players?

I'd say it's orders of magnitude easier than 2200 arena rating. It's absolutely pug'able, but takes a substantial amount of time (depending on battlegroup/faction).

Can pug your way to high warlord on most pvp servers with ease.

As others have said, it's probably 'easier' but it's definitely more time consuming. Wins and losses both take about 20 minutes a piece, and pugs tend to disband after a loss.

2.2k without vent will be hard to reach. it could be doable, but will take a lot of time.
    the problem is that your gained rating depends on your team MMR, taking pugs with low MMR won't get you a lot of points, until your rating goes up by winning a couple games in a row.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

10+ Year Old Account
    its doable will take a long time unless you get a decent pug that can get like 10 wins in a row and get decent mmr.

Quote Originally Posted by Letemspin View Post
    Hi,

I have done 6 RBG's so far won 4 lost 2...can you pug your way u think with vent and semi competent players?
    can you pug your way u think with vent and semi competent players?
    semi competent players?
    Keywords are Key.

Yes you can pug it, but you'll have to have at least 1.8k+ rated players past 1600, as if you're pugging with 0-1500 facing other 0-1500 players you'll only gain 1-10 points instead of 100-150 like most.

I was gaining 150 points all the way up until I hit 2.1k then I was only gaining about 1-20 (lower end if it was a low team and higher end against another same MMR team or higher)

I pugged it but I also required that everyone on my team had X rating and HAD to use vent, if you messed up or did not listen, you were removed.

Also I suggest you be a very strong, and clear leader if you are going to hold pugs, don't be someone who is afraid to speak in vent, also you need to have many strats that you can fall back in if your main strat fails.

Deleted
    Possible yes, but really quite a strain compared to doing it with a regular group.

More than anything though, RBGs take time. Invest enough time and you'll be rewarded.....eventually.

Deleted
    You can pug all the way up to whatever rating you want, it's pathetic. I did like 10 RBGs last week and I was going up like 200+ rating a win. We didn't lose, but if it's like last season you will not lose rating regardless, so just grind them and you WILL get it.

Stupid system, but whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    You can pug all the way up to whatever rating you want, it's pathetic. I did like 10 RBGs last week and I was going up like 200+ rating a win. We didn't lose, but if it's like last season you will not lose rating regardless, so just grind them and you WILL get it.

Yep I pug often myself, I've lost a few here and there, but I only lost like 4 points. hehe!

If you haven't lost points yet, you aren't even past 2k. Stop acting as if you're past that.

RBGs are less prone to class imbalances than arenas and therefore I tend to like them more. I wouldn't say it's any harder to get on average than arenas, though. If you're the FotM class, you're going to find 2200 arena fairly easy, while a fairly weak class of the moment will find it extremely hard grinding up against those FotM-ers. RBGs are appropriately in between in my experience, having been on both ends of the spectrum.

It still requires
    -good communication in vent from all members
    -Strong leadership
    -ability of team to FOLLOW that leadership
    -fast reaction times to commands
    -knowing maps, classes, and strageties

If your pug has those characteristics, you have a very decent pug capable of some better ratings. Servers like tich will be easier for better players to form these groups. Yes, it still has the same % of horrible players as others but there is a much larger population and so more good players are easier to find. (Also, due to increased anonymity, it's easier to get feedback on how you're doing - players aren't worried about your feelings or ongoing relationship with them. At least until you find a stable group you're willing to run with continuously)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oergg View Post
    Can pug your way to high warlord on most pvp servers with ease.
    This, sadly.

1. Get 9 randoms with <1500 arena experience.
    2. Spam RBG for a few days.
    3. Sleep and/or eat chips while afk at BS.
    4. ???
    5. Buy T2.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post

It's not like last season at all. They changed rating to work more like arena, it will converge towards your MMR. You will gain rating super fast now at the start, rather then getting ~40 points a win, but once you get around your personal MMR it will stop dead.

Our ~1900 team has most of our members stuck ~2000 rating. We will get 4-5 points per win and then lose 15 points for a loss. Compared to last season, where the same 1900'ish team had people into 2300+ ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    This, sadly.

1. Get 9 randoms with <1500 arena experience.
    2. Spam RBG for a few days.
    3. Sleep and/or eat chips while afk at BS.
    4. ???
    5. Buy T2.
    My mage dings 85 so I play PMR with my friend I leveled with and a trade chat rogue that claimed to be "2300+ exp". So I inspect his gear to see full T2 including weapons. First game we play, the rogue is off trying and failing to solo a priest behind a pillar all game but we end up winning because our MMR was apparently high 1400's. I check the rogue's stats and he's never broken 1600 in any bracket...

TL;DR: Rated BGs take little to no individual skill at all.
    New and shiny compppppp!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    My mage dings 85 so I play PMR with my friend I leveled with and a trade chat rogue that claimed to be "2300+ exp". So I inspect his gear to see full T2 including weapons. First game we play, the rogue is off trying and failing to solo a priest behind a pillar all game but we end up winning because our MMR was apparently high 1400's. I check the rogue's stats and he's never broken 1600 in any bracket...

That's actually pretty hilarious imo.

...and true.

If you are willing to spend the time and grind it out sure. It is way easier getting RBG rating then arena and you take a much smaller hit if you dont win so that helps keep you climbing up the ratings even if its a very slow climb.

---------- Post added 2011-07-17 at 07:50 AM ----------

My server and I am sure many others are filled with dumb asses that spam trade and forums about selling 1550 and 2200 ratings when they have never hit those numbers themselves acording to their own achievements. Its amazing the lies ppl tell then keep telling when they have been caught, they know they have and stick to their story.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Tl;DR: Rated BGs and arena are 2 completely different things, why trying to compare them?
    it's like comparing a tank, healer and dps in PVE. it's the same fight, but different point of views and being good in 1 doesn't mean you will be good in the other.
    maybe he was good, maybe he wasn't. but taking this example to say RBGs take no skill is putting your head in the sand. the 2 are not related.
    Last edited by ragingsoul; 2011-07-17 at 07:56 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    Tl;DR: Rated BGs and arena are 2 completely different things, why trying to compare them?
    it's like comparing a tank, healer and dps in PVE. it's the same fight, but different point of views and being good in 1 doesn't mean you will be good in the other.
    maybe he was good, maybe he wasn't. but taking this example to say RBGs take no skill is putting your head in the sand. the 2 are not related.
    Actually they get compared because they are both considered the "End Game" of PvP, its nothing like comparing a Tank/Healer/DPS.

Deleted
    To reach 2200 rating in Rated Battlegrounds is in my opinion way easier then 3v3 or 5v5. So far I've done a couple of RBGs with my guild members and I'm already 1800 rating and that without going for the hardcore rating.