Lightbulb Help on Lord Rhyolith 10N

Hi all

So we are having a hard time with this boss on our 10man raid, and i dont know what else to do, what we r doing:

Our frost DK and fury war are full on legs, and me (shaman elemental) helping them when needed.
    Hunter + shadow priest on adds (and me)
    Pala heal, disc priest, shaman heal.

Small adds are dying with no charge, bit of delay on big add when i need to help turn boss quick, not a big deal i supose.

We stay right at the entrance waiting the 1st volcanos and star turning boss around, but when we get to like 2 - 3 volcanos erupting that stomp is almost always killing us (stacks too high i guess).

My question is, do we always focus his direction to the eruption volcanos or go a bit around smashing the other ones as well?

any tips we might not be doing or doing wrong?

ty in advance.

sorry about the poor english.

Walk him over active volcanoes. Avoid inactive volcanoes (as much as possible). What is probably happening is either you're smashing too many inactive volcanoes giving him a stacking damage bonus and it's just overwhelming your healers or the bigger add isn't dying fast enough.

You want to go straight for any active volcanos. Biggest problem I've ever had was when a volcano goes active right after you pass it and then once your turned around and stomping that active one another behind him goes active. The you'll end up with more than 1 active volcano which is bad. 2 active for a few seconds happens but ussually only one active at a time.

The new Nerf (fix) that favors activating volcanos in front of the boss should fix these issues.

More than 1 volcano up at a time is going to make healing much more difficult. Always focus to take down the active volcanoes as quickly as possible. You want to avoid inactive volcanoes if possible, as stomping these will give the boss a slight damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Denae View Post
    You want to avoid inactive volcanoes if possible, as stomping these will give the boss a slight damage increase.
    o-o

Rly? How the f*ck did we miss this >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    o-o

Molten Armor?

Thought everyone knew how it stacked.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spleen View Post
    Molten Armor?

Thought everyone knew how it stacked.
    We basically just said "fuck it" to that and walked him over any volcano we could. Given, last phase was somewhat of a bitch, but we managed to kill him.

Well, then i have no ideia why we wiping 2 days in a row on this boss. bad luck i guess. heals are doing 12-14k hps each, we stacking at the very beggining of the "room", getting like 2 or 3 hits by the lava path each try (yeah, i know its a lot of dmg). Guess we just need good luck on the active volcanos then. =/

Thats the problem with this fight. It's very luck dependant. Or was until the fix. We couldn't kill him before the fix because he kept activating volcanoes on the opposite side of the platform, so by the time he crushed it, another volcano was already up, and it just snowballed. When RNG > Skill, design is just bad. RNG is there to keep things interesting, not to trump skill.

It sounds like you are leaving active volcanos up for too long and multplying the raid dmg. Kill them quick and you have much more down time for ranged to help with the legs.

---------- Post added 2011-07-13 at 01:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MeleX View Post
    Well, then i have no ideia why we wiping 2 days in a row on this boss. bad luck i guess. heals are doing 12-14k hps each, we stacking at the very beggining of the "room", getting like 2 or 3 hits by the lava path each try (yeah, i know its a lot of dmg). Guess we just need good luck on the active volcanos then. =/
    Once you avoid the dmg that you can the fight really becomes much much easier. True getting a few close active volcanos for quick stomps really helps but it can be done without it. Really you just need to survive to P2 with 8 or more ppl up and he dies in about 10 seconds. He has 1.8 million life in p2 and is in the kill shot dmg area for most classes right away 35% or low ppl or very quickly for the 20% and down ppl. Either way 1.8 mill is a very quick burn at this point.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    o-o

Probably because neither this mechanic nor the Superheated mechanic are even mentioned in the Dungeon Journal.

Deleted
    10 man version of this fight is bugged to hell at the moment.

With some volcanoes spawning underground, and him activating volcanoes underground, so they cant be destroyed. Also he's summoning volcanoes too fast, i.e. his cast timer's are messed up. Theres been reports of the heroic buff activating in the normal mode. He's still activating volcanoes behind him. His turning is still messed up as well, (it's still set to 25 man in the 10 man mode) as the hotfix they applied never took.

There was another thread about this, last thursday I think, and someone said they had contacted a gm about it and they confirmed that 10 man was bugged atm.

My advice for 10 man non-hardcore raiding guilds would be to leave this boss for now and concentrate on the others, till Blizz 'fix' it properly.... whenever that will be....

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, hes bugged indeed...

Let me throw my 2 cents in here, After 2 solid nights on him and best attempt was 17% the problems we are having are not completely detailed to well on various sites.

I think by now everyone would have the driving down pat.
    Regarding the Volcanoes, Active ones you run over, Inactive ones give him a dmg buff, Now it was hard to find how to get rid of these stacks of Molten Armor.... He drops his stacks every time he casts an ability ie, Stomp and casting a new volcano.

We found we where going into P2 with not only Superheated but stacks of 10+ Molten Armor, which meant his first stomp into P2 was a insta wipe and nothing we where going to do (raid CD's) would have prevented that, also alot of high raid damage through the fight that simply did not need to happen (through stomps etc).

Superheated according to our logs starts at 5 min 40 sec which acts as his 'enrage' and just keeps stacking higher every 15-20 seconds (cant remember exactly) either way the longer you take to get to P2 with superheated on will result in a wipe. Our DPS was slow on legs as we read, do not use dots... Truth is, you can use dots, just do not cleave when turning, other than that tell ur DPS to go nuts all the time.

The best way if you can do this is to have 1 melee on Right foot, 1 melee on Left foot and 1 other person (pref melee) to cycle between the 2 depending on turning (we always prefer to turn right then left) if a sharp turn needs to happen the guy who is on left foot gets on right foot so we have all melee on that foot turning him, Remember every Stomp he does resets his bar back to straight position.

I think alot of guilds are wiping to this as they are running over every volcano thats up (non-active) running high stacks of molten armor, which makes it that much more harder on healers, the longer the fight goes on like this its very hard to handle.

The quicker you can get to P2 the better, we are popping lust at 50% atm to burn him to Phase quicker, we try again tonight and hopefully now since we completely understand the fight we will get this kill, I am a little annoyed that all of the strat sites out there do not go into detail about potentially the two biggest mechanics for this fight.

All i read from alot of people are 'zerg to 25% once you hit P2 its GG'... no its not, if he has high stacks of molten armor and superheated its going to be a wipe every single time, im glad i picked this up in our logs.

Anyway i hope i have helped at least one person better understand this fight, This fight is not bugged there is no way, i do belive there is quite alot of RNG that you rely on some attempts but with out knowing/understand what i have written you will continue to wipe unless your a overgeared guild who can simply 'steam roll' it.

TL/DR: Drive Ryolith into Active Volcanoes only, Non active ones give him the Molten Armor Buff, i suppose running them over if your near one is unavoidable, just be aware going into P2 that you need to wait for him to cast stomp or another volcano so you go into P2 with no stacks of Molten Armor.

Shodz.

I love you Shodz. I never seen this mentioned on other sites/ strats either.....your a life saver.

Quote Originally Posted by Disegame View Post
    I love you Shodz. I never seen this mentioned on other sites/ strats either.....your a life saver.
    haha your very welcome mate, I really am peeved that this information isnt detailed better and just upto 'trial and error' to figure out, while i dont mind finding out strats for what works for our guild, for sites like L2R, Tankspot who just simply dont even mention it all together, even the dungeon journal has no reference to these.

To wipe for 2 nights and sifting through 6 hours worth of logs was not fun, but we are confident going into tonights raid that we now completely understand this fight and have a much better chance at not getting to P2 and instantly wiping due to high stacks of Molten Armor and im sure shifting our DPS around to ensure we arnt hitting P2 with Superheated up wont be a problem at all.

Best of luck to anyone who takes my information and it helps, i hope now guilds who are struggling to kill him actually get there well deserved kills, its gonna feel epic HAHA.