2630qm and 460m temperatures :) (asus g53sw)

So yesterday I recieved my new g53sw (great machine to far!)... But! When I play games it gets quite hot, and im not sure wether it's standard for the new cpu and graphic card.

So my cpu, 2630qm reaches like the 80c after just 15-30min of game play (this will be BC2)

the gpu hits about 85c... I'm not sure about the standard temps of those parts, would anyone like to inlighten me please?

Edit: Also for the cpu, the 4 cores normally don't got the same temp, about 1-5 difference, is this a problem?
    Last edited by Vikzter; 2011-07-12 at 08:19 PM.

Gaming laptops will get hot, it's just how it is. They have to put enough power to be able to play games decently into a small package. And the heat will build up, which is why they don't call them laptops as much anymore, but notebooks.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Ye, I don't got an issue with the HEAT itself, it's more if it is too high for the hardware to handle

I mean for desktop cpu I got this Phenom ll x 6 (ye i know...) and it's max temp lies around 65 ish.... So when my notebook cpu hits the lower 80s, im like WOAH might be abit 2much

I have the G53 aswell but not the Sandy Bridge one, and at first i was worried about playing games on it because the air coming out of the back was HOT! my temps are also in the 80s while playing games, but ive been playing on it for about two months now and it seems to be fine.. ive played everything up to crysis 2 on it.

Intel CPUs in the last few years have a temp limit closer to 90-100c. While AMD chips tend to crap out over 60c or so. and GPUs typically handle heat better than CPUs.

EDIT: Easiest way to answer the question is to literally google what you're looking for, ie "Intel 2630qm max temps"
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    The Max T-Junction of the i7 2630qm is 100C, so not much to worry about there.
    The video card has a max of 104C, I believe. Again, not to worry.

Laptops NOTEBOOKS get hot, it just comes with the territory.

Ty all, my questions are answered.

Ispano, I've googled, but noone could tell me the exact max temps of the two devices, only fx the Tjunction on the intel cpu, but to my knowledge tjunction != degree

10+ Year Old Account
    just ordered a notebook last friday with the same gpu/cpu hope mine stays nice in cool in the air conditioning....

edit: spelling and date fail lol
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Quote Originally Posted by Vikzter View Post
    Ye, I don't got an issue with the HEAT itself, it's more if it is too high for the hardware to handle

I mean for desktop cpu I got this Phenom ll x 6 (ye i know...) and it's max temp lies around 65 ish.... So when my notebook cpu hits the lower 80s, im like WOAH might be abit 2much
    something is wrong with your cooling, 1st of all phenoms are really cool, got my 955 @ 4,2ghz on air and its 51C in stress

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    Intel CPUs in the last few years have a temp limit closer to 90-100c. While AMD chips tend to crap out over 60c or so. and GPUs typically handle heat better than CPUs.

EDIT: Easiest way to answer the question is to literally google what you're looking for, ie "Intel 2630qm max temps"
    hmmm wonder on what you are posting this data but for example q9550 max temp 71C, 2500k is 72C so... no not really..
    how mobiles can get a little more hot 2630qm max is 100C

the gpus are often at 110C, chipsets are at like 140C, (tho they are assembling them in like 160C )

Ye my 1090t cooling setup is faulty, but it's summer atm, thats why it gets the extra bit, normaly it stays around 55 ish... but no were near optimal cooling