Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

1 year of Starcraft 2

Just saw this video and got some major nerd chills.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    They keep mentioning Brood War as though it's been released. I'm assuming they meant WoLiberty? I also hate that SC2 (in particular) revolves around "Esports" almost completely.
    I'm not following exactly what point you're trying to make..? are you saying that because SC2 has a competitive scene it somehow ruins some other portion of the same game? I personally think that having the largest e-sport scene besides the former BW scene has done wonders for the game.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love you SC2!

Deleted
    Wow those commentators at around 5 min in O.O

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also hate that SC2 (in particular) revolves around "Esports" almost completely.
    Umm... It's a competitive RTS. That's one of the main concepts about Starcraft.

They keep mentioning Brood War as though it's been released. I'm assuming they meant WoLiberty? I also hate that SC2 (in particular) revolves around "Esports" almost completely.
    Brood War is the expansion for Starcraft 1. The upcoming expansion for Starcraft 2 is Heart of the Swarm

On July 27th, 2010, one of the most anticipated games of the year was released.

The game was Starcraft II.

By August 5th, I was bored, and so were all the people I bought the game with.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post

Yet, it's still a giant Esport, played by lots and lots.

Deleted

Yes, one of the most overrated games I bought. It's not bad. I just think I hate RTS. Way too long fights without any progression (ladders are overrated). And my lack of knowledge about it didn't help either.
    One year later and I still don't understand a single thing about it, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Yes, one of the most overrated games I bought. It's not bad. I just think I hate RTS. Way too long fights without any progression (ladders are overrated). And my lack of knowledge about it didn't help either.
    One year later and I still don't understand a single thing about it, really...
    It is overrated. I don't understand why it took so long to develop.. it's the same game with a new graphics engine. There's nothing new, exciting, or innovative about the game. It was my first Blizzard letdown for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Yet, it's still a giant Esport, played by lots and lots.
    it was the same the year before wol came out. people were still having major tournaments for starcraft 1. how it went on that long i have no idea
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

i love sc2. i loved it even more when i left playing the game to the pros and started watching sc2 esports. it very exciting. you guys should give the sc2 esports thing a try. check out casters like husky, and totalbiscuit over on youtube and whitness the excitement for yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

I loved competetive (ie, non-DOTA or the other crap) of Warcraft III.
    I've been having meh-feelings about SCII, so far that I installed the game and never bothered logging in, even single-player. D:

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I guess there's lots of people who only like Sc2 for the esport games - like me. :P
    This really needs to be emphasized.

Here's a response from the creator of the video:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/co...down_a/c255e73

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by drhay53 View Post
    but please stop trying to market this as sports. it's professional gaming. not sports. period.
    Professional gaming is called eSports, whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Xacez; 2011-07-12 at 09:33 PM.

very cool video.

but please stop trying to market this as sports. it's professional gaming. not sports.
    Last edited by drhay53; 2011-07-12 at 09:36 PM.

lol at the fact it said GSL was made and 99% there were asian
    게임 은 어렵~~

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i love sc2. i loved it even more when i left playing the game to the pros and started watching sc2 esports. it very exciting. you guys should give the sc2 esports thing a try. check out casters like husky, and totalbiscuit over on youtube and whitness the excitement for yourselves.
    I've watched the casters. I used to watch them a lot last summer before I bought the game and a little bit afterwards.

Game was still a write-off for me and my friends less than a month after release. It's not a bad game, it's just not a new game. Same shit, different scenery.

I've watched the casters. I used to watch them a lot last summer before I bought the game and a little bit afterwards.

Game was still a write-off for me and my friends less than a month after release. It's not a bad game, it's just not a new game. Same shit, different scenery.
    Well, I don't know what you expected. It's a sequel to a very successful RTS game, if they had made gigantic changes it wouldn't really be a Starcraft game at all

Amazing video, Amazing game.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Assuming they can actually get their Internet to work, which they didn't last year.