Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I loved competetive (ie, non-DOTA or the other crap) of Warcraft III.
    I've been having meh-feelings about SCII, so far that I installed the game and never bothered logging in, even single-player. D:
    Crap? Dota is (at times ) one of the most balanced pvp game ever. Every hero has it's counter.

ot: Really nice video, although I think it's strange how much the Koreans love starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasion View Post
    It is overrated. I don't understand why it took so long to develop.. it's the same game with a new graphics engine. There's nothing new, exciting, or innovative about the game. It was my first Blizzard letdown for sure.
    Warcraft 3 >>> Starcraft 2
    Atleast WC3 is not the very same shit all over again, with just prettier graphics

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or do these circuits just get the loudest, most annoying casters they possibly can find on YouTube..
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Warcraft 3 >>> Starcraft 2
    Atleast WC3 is not the very same shit all over again, with just prettier graphics
    Please stop talking nonsense, you have no idea what you're on about

I played a lot of Wc3 but i'm much preferring SC2, the pro league is so exciting. Now that i'm playing Wow a lot less i'm playing SC2 very heavily
    Quote Originally Posted by BossToss View Post
    And it only becomes better and better!
    Love that avatar, it's oGs.MC if i'm not mistaken, such a total baller, the video needed more MMA blowing up his own Orbital Command I feel.

Last edited by Alraml; 2011-07-13 at 12:10 AM.

*facepalm*

OK folks, we know not everyone's an SC2 fan, but why you gotta come in here and make such fools of yourselves?

Some clarifications:

Starcraft (March 1998)
    Starcraft: Brood War (November 1998)
    The first generation of StarCraft. Started a huge competitive scene in Korea with the GSL ("Global Star League"), where StarCraft has been A Big Deal for over a decade. Them crazy Orientals, I tell you what...

Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty (2010)
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm (2011?)
    [Starcraft II: whatever the third part of the trilogy will be called... (2012-ish?)]
    The current generation. Competitive scene is expanding outside Korea much more than before, and of course with modern graphics it's much more watchable.

"Why is he calling the first part of the trilogy a sequel?"
    Because it is a sequel, as in StarCraft II.

"I don't like RTS"
    So play/watch what you do like, duh. This is not hard.

"StarCraft II doesn't have any progression"
    RTS is not a progression-based genre. So I guess you don't like RTS? See above.

"I don't like the term eSports"
    This has been going on for a while now, so I'm afraid you don't get much of a say here.

"Everyone at that event was Asian, lulz"
    Shock horror! The GSL, held in Korea, attracts Korean crowds! And rumors abound that DreamHack, held in Sweden, may contain a disproportionate number of Swedes. Signs of the coming apocalapse?!? More at 11.
    (Yes, many of the top SC2 players are Korean, because SC1 was A Big Deal in Korea for a long time. See above. I also recommend leaving your hometown at some point -- just sayin' -- I mean, I'm so sorry, I apologize.)

"RTS games are too long and boring"
    Same goes for any other game/sport you don't understand. When you don't understand it, it's just some random stuff that happens and then somebody wins. When you DO understand it (at least a little) you start to perceive patterns, you recognize creative strategies and clutch plays and near-misses... it's good stuff.

glhf
    <333333333333
    -Wyrm
    Last edited by Wyrmrider; 2011-07-13 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    Umm... It's a competitive RTS. That's one of the main concepts about Starcraft.
    I feel like that aspect of it is starting to detract from the storyline. I mean Blizzard should have at least ONE game that's dedicated to an amazing story. Even WoW is severely lacking in its story-telling capabilities in favor of personal appeasement.

Deleted
    Well like most other "non esports" player I played Starcraft 2 single-player for about 2-3 weeks and roughly 1 month in MP. I did watch quite a few youtube videos as well to learn certain strats.

But ultimately the skill-cap was too high for me and I gave up on it and focused my attention elsewhere.

In total the game entertained me for about 6-8 weeks which is perfectly fine for a PC game.

Deleted
    I watch this like ppl watch sports I found SC II more entertainment then watching football aka soccer (for the US ppl) or any other sport.

I just love to see SC II when you have TotalBiscuit, Mr. Day9 or Apolo has casters they are the best.

GOGO White-RA!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I play starcraft sometimes but i end up frustrated over things so i can't play without being angry at that one thing..(looking at you emp)

but protoss for life :P

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I feel like that aspect of it is starting to detract from the storyline. I mean Blizzard should have at least ONE game that's dedicated to an amazing story. Even WoW is severely lacking in its story-telling capabilities in favor of personal appeasement.
    WoW never had a decent storyline. Blizzard keeps randoming the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    I watch this like ppl watch sports I found SC II more entertainment then watching football aka soccer (for the US ppl) or any other sport.

I just love to see SC II when you have TotalBiscuit, Mr. Day9 or Apolo has casters they are the best.

GOGO White-RA!!!
    MLG Anaheim in 2 weeks, gonna be some epic games.

I'll be rooting for Kiwikaki as always. :P fairly clever non-intended pun there :O

to start, i dont really care much about sc2 or esports, but iv seen more than 1 person try to say that SC2 is SC1 remade, its not, there's whole new units and a really amazing campaign for an rts. and heart of the swarm will bring even more new units. to add on to that, the reason it takes so long to develop is because they have to balance every single unit in the game to not make it overpowered, thats like balancing WoW x10, games been out for a year and they are still releasing patches with nerfs/buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    MLG Anaheim in 2 weeks, gonna be some epic games.

I'll be rooting for Kiwikaki as always. :P fairly clever non-intended pun there :O
    I hope July goes =(

But DongRaeGu is going to slaughter everyone.
    Tyler knows how good he is.

I love watching/playing SC2.

Too bad I'm probably the worst RTS player in the universe...

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    They keep mentioning Brood War as though it's been released. I'm assuming they meant WoLiberty? I also hate that SC2 (in particular) revolves around "Esports" almost completely.
    I concur with this. I stopped bothering even trying to learn to play decently in multiplayer because everyone is so super serious about it(gaming schools to teach people to raise their actions per minute in starcraft? really?) that it's impossible to just have fun with without treating a game like some sort of olympic sport.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock Brimstone View Post
    to start, i dont really care much about sc2 or esports, but iv seen more than 1 person try to say that SC2 is SC1 remade, its not, there's whole new units and a really amazing campaign for an rts. and heart of the swarm will bring even more new units. to add on to that, the reason it takes so long to develop is because they have to balance every single unit in the game to not make it overpowered, thats like balancing WoW x10, games been out for a year and they are still releasing patches with nerfs/buffs.
    Starcraft 2 got a pass from reviewers because it was made by Blizzard. If it were a new game produced by a different company under a different IP but was the EXACT same game it would've been lol'ed at. It's a step backwards in the RTS genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Yet, it's still a giant Esport, played by lots and lots.
    When an entire country sees a video game as a national sport, it kinda happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    When an entire country sees a video game as a national sport, it kinda happens.
    SC2 is bigger in the west than Korea, at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    Wow those commentators at around 5 min in O.O
    Ahahahahhahahahah, omg! Jesus that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    They keep mentioning Brood War as though it's been released. I'm assuming they meant WoLiberty? I also hate that SC2 (in particular) revolves around "Esports" almost completely.
    Agreed, I really wish people paid more attention to the endless possibilities with custom games =/