Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I hate that 99% of online games contain a rush of some sort. I'm not bad at defending against it, but just once I'd like to be unmolested until I can get up an end tier unit.
    Totally agree with this point, it seems that EVERY SINGLE GAME has a rush tactic in ANY online game. FPS games like COD are especially bad at this with spawn rushing, and SC2 quite noticeable that someone could just spam tier 1 units at you and they win if you're not completely turtling
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Totally agree with this point, it seems that EVERY SINGLE GAME has a rush tactic in ANY online game. FPS games like COD are especially bad at this with spawn rushing, and SC2 quite noticeable that someone could just spam tier 1 units at you and they win if you're not completely turtling
    Exactly, I've always enjoyed teching in RTS', and that is simply impossible in the vast majority of random matches in Starcraft II. I've actually went back to Warcraft III when I want to play an RTS (which is not very often) because of it.

@noteworthnerd and Doirdyn: Just learn to defend those t1 units and your good to go. The fact that you whine about that, tells me you are Bronze players.
    And getting out of Bronze is all about defending those early rushes and out macro your oppenent.
    Shaman since Vanilla. All the way !

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    @noteworthnerd and Doirdyn: Just learn to defend those t1 units and your good to go. The fact that you whine about that, tells me you are Bronze players.
    And getting out of Bronze is all about defending those early rushes and out macro your oppenent.
    meaning "spend 100hours learning all the little cheese/rush in the game to actually enjoy it."

then to get all kind of violated, by better macro players.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowiesh View Post
    Funny, your post tells me you are either a) 13 years old with poor reading comprehension and/or b) so impatient and hasty to respond that you didn't bother to read my first post.

I explicitly said that "I'm not bad at defending against it", I just prefer to tech uninterrupted... I enjoy massive battles when top tier units instead of macro battles with three tier one units.

FYI: I was Gold when I stopped playing, not the best, I know, but definitely not Bronze...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-07-13 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthmatto View Post
    Great video - In the last year I've stopped playing WoW so actively and started with other games, like SC2. I wasn't a fan of the RTS genre but I really enjoy SC2, whilst I don't play it constantly its up there with my 5 most played games atm.

I'm in Bronze league though and you know what, I don't care. I love following SC2 as an eSport and improving my own play by watching others. SC2 actually has a great engine for custom games and there are some good ones out there which I play regularly. But haters are gonna hate...
    Doesn't matter what league you're in, just focus on improving your play. There are some people in high diamond/platinum that are terrible. It's still early days for custom games, WC3 was out for a long time before the big custom games (Dota for example) started to become refined

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    game is disappointing if you played SC1. DoW 2 is much better.
    Every fan of DoW i've ever spoken to said they completely ruined it with the 2nd one so i'm not sure how to feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    meaning "spend 100hours learning all the little cheese/rush in the game to actually enjoy it."

then to get all kind of violated, by better macro players.
    If you need 100 hours to learn how to defend against cheese by using cheese in order to move up the ladder then you probably need to find a different game to play. If you learn how to defend cheese with smart play and can still macro then you'll move up the ladder quite fast without being stuck on using cheese as your only strategy. I lost my first 9 games in a row to cheese, but continued just learning to macro and how to defend cheese without putting myself all in. This week I went on a 13 game win streak against Platinum players, only 2 months after starting to play SC II. I only play about 3 games a day, so it doesn't exactly require the time commitment you think it does.

As for noteworthynerd, if you aren't pressuring your opponent then you probably have no idea what he's teching into, where his units are, how many bases he's running off of, or even when/where to make an effective attack against him. Sounds to me like you just don't have the ability to macro while attacking or defending. Use hotkeys, keep your resources low, and poke at your opponent every time you see an opening. A good player won't leave those openings up for long so you need to do all the damage you can whenever you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    I'm honestly confused by this... where are you getting "everyone" and "impossible?"

My perception is that 99% of players are treating it as a game and having a grand old time, while 1% are treating it as Serious Business, and of course it's that 1% who work their butts off and have their games televised and maybe make some money at it. Just like any IRL sport.
    It's the logical impression one can get after trying a couple simple 2v2 unranked games and getting berated about a slight variation in build order 2 minutes in.

Basically, disregard stock game, fuck around in custom games, profit.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account
    omg when Roar came on in the video i got nerd chills. god damn.