Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    @llDemonll: I do NOT run with shadows on

http://i.imgur.com/GkJC8.jpg

---------- Post added 2011-07-15 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    unless you plan on keeping the 1090T as a placeholder till bulldozer, save the trouble and go with sandy bridge.
    Do you think that the Bulldozers will be able to run WoW at equal speeds compared to an i5 2500k? Or better?

I'd wait for the bulldozer since it's only a few months away, but if there's no guarantee then I'm not sure of why I'd wait.

---------- Post added 2011-07-15 at 06:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    All I can say at this point is one of your parts is bad, because I didn't have performance issues aside from slight micro studdering and the odd dip to 35fps in raids... =/
    Also, if any of my parts are bad, at this point it would have to be the processor. I was running an AMD 4 core before I upgraded to the 6 core nine months ago, and I had relatively the same performance. Could it be that I'd gotten two faulty processors in a row and just didn't know it, or is my current performance about on par for a 4 core phenom?

Any idea what I can do about a processor that's possibly bad? How would I even be able to effectively prove that it's bad and not something else?

Bulldozer is looking promising, but there are no guarantees that it will be better than an i5-2500K. The purchase should be, "Will this handle what I need it to do now, and in the foreseeable future?" Eventually, something is gonna be released (either another Intel or Bulldozer or whatever), that will trump the power of the i5-2500K. You'll always be playing a game of catch-up if you worry about a recent purchase being trumped down the road.

Whenever I try to build a PC for myself or family members, I try to get 3 years out of the unit. Anything over 3 years is gravy at that point.
    01001000 01101001 00100001

Quote Originally Posted by Bendder View Post
    Bulldozer is looking promising, but there are no guarantees that it will be better than an i5-2500K. The purchase should be, "Will this handle what I need it to do now, and in the foreseeable future?" Eventually, something is gonna be released (either another Intel or Bulldozer or whatever), that will trump the power of the i5-2500K. You'll always be playing a game of catch-up if you worry about a recent purchase being trumped down the road.

Whenever I try to build a PC for myself or family members, I try to get 3 years out of the unit. Anything over 3 years is gravy at that point.
    I like your thoughts. I really do. "The best" is awesome to strive for, but not something you can indulge in all the time. It's far too expensive.

@ your signature; Hallo!

@Asera: Are you running stock cooling or a different heat sink? A friend of mine suggested that my problem could lie within 54 degree celsius cpu temperatures while hanging out in orgrimmar, so I'd be curious to see what kind of cpu temps that you're running. At this point, though, I'm not sure if it's even worth it to go out and try a new heatsink. I'm just not very hopeful with the AMD processor anymore because of everything I see with intel being better. I know it may sound contradictory, but I'm tired of wasting money on computer parts and not seeing any performance increase. I'm at the point where I may as well just stop having headaches and go with a processor that nobody seems to have trouble with =/

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaios View Post
    @Asera: Are you running stock cooling or a different heat sink? A friend of mine suggested that my problem could lie within 54 degree celsius cpu temperatures while hanging out in orgrimmar, so I'd be curious to see what kind of cpu temps that you're running. At this point, though, I'm not sure if it's even worth it to go out and try a new heatsink. I'm just not very hopeful with the AMD processor anymore because of everything I see with intel being better. I know it may sound contradictory, but I'm tired of wasting money on computer parts and not seeing any performance increase. I'm at the point where I may as well just stop having headaches and go with a processor that nobody seems to have trouble with =/
    I didn't get temps anywhere close to 54 celcius on a 1090T at stock.

Right now mine is running 2 degrees above room temperature (underclocked). At stock it idled at around 31/32. WoW open, 37 maybe. Overclocked, 45? 46? These are guesses, but it was nowhere near 54.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    go to store, buy some thermal paste, take heatsink off and clean CPU and heatsink of thermal paste, reapply new paste and reseat heatsink
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Also, @Aley: Would you mind letting me know your CPU temps as well? Same thing for if you're using a different heatsink?

Edit: running out to buy canned air to give my heatsink a good clean. I know it hasn't been cleaned since I purchased it 9 months ago. I'll see if that helps temps.
    Last edited by Zaios; 2011-07-15 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaios View Post
    Also, @Aley: Would you mind letting me know your CPU temps as well? Same thing for if you're using a different heatsink?

Edit: running out to buy canned air to give my heatsink a good clean. I know it hasn't been cleaned since I purchased it 9 months ago. I'll see if that helps temps.

Dust is a nightmare for PC parts its like wrapping a cover around yourself on a hot day. You aint gonna like it :P cleaning your PC out every 6months or so with some canned air will help alot. its what i do currently and my temps on my 6870 / AMD 1055T are so low you can make icecream on them. Anyway.. i got everything in WoW maxxed with those, no over clocking or anything a few mods nothing major and im at 60FPS with DX11 at 1920 x 1080 HD (i think it is, useing HD cable! :P) in 10mans it stays around 50-60. 25mans i aint tryed yet.

I just figured out that I lied and none of the programs I'm trying are telling me my "core" temp, so I can't even really see how that's doing. I guess the only way is to tell through the BIOS which actually shows the CPU temp..

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 12:34 AM ----------

Cleaning the heatsink didn't help at all, but after thinking about it some more, I can't help but to wonder: why would heat issues only affect WoW and not my other games like Crysis? I'm pretty sure that I may have just overlooked that aspect, so I'm having doubts about the heat causing issue