Poll: Which is your favoured mainboard manufacturer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    EVGA for me.

But, I haven't used an Asus or Gigabyte motherboard in a while (asus mb on my first build years ago, then gigabyte on my 2nd. Now on EVGA, will probably stick with EVGA from now on)

15+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's currently ASRock for the P67 platform. Prior to that, it was either ASUS or Gigabyte.

10+ Year Old Account
    EVGA or Asus. HOW DARE YOU NO PUT EVGA!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Asus ... has some pretty good features + it's rocking .. never had a problem with it, as opposed to my former Gigabyte

I realy love Intel Desktop Boards. They never have problems, you install them they work, no issues. I can't ask for more then that.

I have been building systems with their boards since the Intel 440BX chipset for the Pnetium II/III in Slot 1 format. I have never had to RMA a single one, never had a boot up issue either.

I have probally built 3 systems a year for people since arround 1998, so that's what 39ish systems, all with an Intel Board and 0 problems. Ya they are my board of choice
    Last edited by coldfiredragon; 2011-07-14 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfiredragon View Post
    I realy love Intel Desktop Boards. They never have problems, you install them they work, no issues. I can't ask for more then that.

I have been building systems with their boards since the Intel 440BX chipset for the Pnetium II/III in Slot 1 format. I have never had to RMA a single one, never had a boot up issue either.

I have probally built 3 systems a year for people since arround 1998, so that's what 39ish systems, all with an Intel Board and 0 problems. Ya they are my board of choice
    That's the thing with Intel, when they do something, they do it right. It's also why they have one of the best SSD's out right now, maybe not the highest speeds (close though), but because it has the lowest failure rate.

It's just a pity they don't offer performance boards, you bet your ass I would be all over that if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    ASUS P6X58D Premium is whats in this rig

Deleted
    I got an MSI board in my current build but I'll still vote ASUS. All previous boards have been ASUS and I have only good things to say about them.

i like asus msi and gigabyte but currently i am running an ASrock and liking it

10+ Year Old Account
    Have had three ASUS boards and absolutely hated every one of them. Maybe a bad luck streak, idk. They would randomly drop BIOS settings, etc. and holy F, talk about a long post sequence. My new EVGA board I LOVE. Couldn't ask for anything better. Plus I used it for a template several times building my case from scratch for 7 months and popped it in and bam- fired up the first time. OC capabilities, features, options and the boards overall stability blew ASUS out of the water imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Asus P6X58D-E, features and the fact that i open my tower and its a freakin good looking piece of hardware xD

Also the majority of the reviews rates it between 4.5 and 5 stars
    Last edited by Bikni; 2011-07-14 at 03:58 AM.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

My very first was an intel, but that was before I really cared about advanced features and overclocking and whatnot.
    I'm currently using a Gigabyte G41M, and it's beautiful. The dual-bios feature is nice, and overclocking is rather easy.
    Upgrading to an Asus this weekend and we'll see how well it works.
    Thanks Soko<3

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted ASUS as well.

I've only done 1 full computer build, but I know 4 people who have built their own systems in the past few months. All 4 of them said the same thing. MSI is decent, but has a somewhat bad rep. Gigabyte is far better than what it used to be, and is definitely a company to look into for solid boards with decent features, and ASUS is a step above Gigabyte. When I was asking questions, doing online research and pulling various reviews, I found much the same information.

ASUS does really well with the middle of the line budget boards, but offers some great higher end pieces as well. I've heard nothing but praises in regards to the P67 Deluxe and the Maximus IV line.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    ABit, when they were around.
    Another Abit fan.. my fav was the BH6

have only bought ASUS or Abit in my lifetime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Intel is like the Honda of computer components. They don't make the prettiest cars, nor the fastest, but their reliability is second to none. Although in the case of Sandy bridge, they did make them fast.... and pretty. =D

Wonder if RAID0 with 2/4 of their 510 drives would be fast enough

As for me, Asus, gotta be Asus! Having had a P5K-E/WifiAP with an e8400 for a few years (build in 2008 iirc, retired in July 2010), it kept me happy for a long time. I've still got that setup sat in a case in the corner of the room, just waiting to be powered up. I then moved up onto a Crosshair IV Formula with my AMD rig, but having it fail on me after a few weeks just gave me the decision to move back to Intel with Sandybridge. Started on a Gigabyte board, but moved up to the Maximus IV Extreme after a month or 2. Still very happily sat with it.

The one thing i didn't like about the P5K board i had was that when running RAID through the onboard controller, i'd constantly get loud and deafening screeches and pops through the headphones/speakers, and sounds regularly stuttered. That's an issue long in the past though.

I'd probably vote for Epox as a second choice if they were still around, as one of their boards was in my first ever home built system (an Athon 64 X2 3200+ rig!).

holy shit dude, thats a dream rig you have, how much is it worth?!
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)