Bear/Cat Dilemma

So I'm currently playing Feral DPS. I only play a few hours a week as I don't get a lot of time to play hardcore like I used to. I love dps'ing on my druid but my Guild are fully focusing on Firelands and no-one seems to be in for the odd heroic. I can't be dealing with 20/25 minute queues.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ickun/advanced

That's my armory. I'm debating going Bear just so I can do some heroics nice and quickly. Questions really - What kind of gem/stat priorities am I going for? Clearly Dodge/Stam but what about flat out stamina? Mastery?

I still want to play Cat but I don't want to have to change my gems/enchants all the time - it's an expensive process! Would it be viable to tank in Cat gems etc just with a bear spec?

Thanks in advance.
    Owning horrid India customer service since 1989. DELL - PAYPAL - EA

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTRIPPEDINFOURWEEKS View Post
    So I'm currently playing Feral DPS. I only play a few hours a week as I don't get a lot of time to play hardcore like I used to. I love dps'ing on my druid but my Guild are fully focusing on Firelands and no-one seems to be in for the odd heroic. I can't be dealing with 20/25 minute queues.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ickun/advanced

That's my armory. I'm debating going Bear just so I can do some heroics nice and quickly. Questions really - What kind of gem/stat priorities am I going for? Clearly Dodge/Stam but what about flat out stamina? Mastery?

I still want to play Cat but I don't want to have to change my gems/enchants all the time - it's an expensive process! Would it be viable to tank in Cat gems etc just with a bear spec?

Thanks in advance.
    i would say you could get away with it.

you may not have the cushion of health as a fully gem'd/enchanted bear but it is after all, just heroics.

For heroic dungeons? You're fine. AGI = good bear stuff (debatably the best bear stuff in Cata assuming you have enough effective health, which you will), and you have enough stamina on your gear from your ilevel alone.

Reforge for some dodge, and probably some expertise for heroics (out of haste/hit) and enjoy.

I was in your situation to, tired of long ques and still loving kitty dps. I switched my pure dps spec to tanking and now dps with my very similar pvp kitty spec.

You should be alright with just a few easy gear changes and if you don't want mess with your current gear. Bears use a lot of agility so it helps out in keeping a lot of your gear the same or similar. What I did is I picked up a few extra pieces, the rep cape from Hyjal, another ring form Earthen Ring, the Stormbolt gloves from Wildhammer rep, crafted a 359 belt and a 346 relic, and got the 346 justice point shoulders and gemmed and reforged them for tanking. Other gear I also picked up was the helm from ZA, the bracers from ZA, the Quickfinger Ring that is a trash drop out of ZA, Tia's Grace and Pendant of the Lightless Grotto. You can look at the sticky in the druid forums and get an idea of what to gem/reforge to. For me I ended up reforging to mostly dodge and gemmed stam and a few dodge or expertise/hit.

As you can see I basically have a whole new set of gear, I use the (tier) chest and legs for both kitty and tank, my justice point boots and the weapon from ZG, and left them gemmed/chanted/reforged for kitty (which like I said, agility still works great for bears) as it is my primary spec. I also use Fluid Death for both tank and dps as it is great for both of them. Other than those pieces, everything else is just for my tanking spec. You should find it pretty easy to get all this stuff in a few runs if you choose to do so. I feel comfortable tanking heroics with this, maybe not raids quite yet, but that is also just cause I'm inexperienced in the raids this expansion (no time to raid sadly). Also my guildies say I'm easy to heal. Hope this helped!