Quick question about breaking tier bonus (RET)

Yeah hello there,

I just had a quick question to ask. Well my pally is currently running 4 pc tier 11 ( all 359 no heroic pieces )

Now before everyone goes in an outrage and starts talking about not getting the tier chest, i want to politely say that i don't care and i will be picking up the chest today.

Now the question i had is, is it worth breaking 4 pc t 11 to have 1 pc t12 and 3 pc of t11. Im wondering because like i said my chest is 359 so 359 - 378 is a pretty big upgrade id say so but is it worth breaking the 4 pc. I always thought the 4 pc was more a preference thing, by that i don't mean its not good i just mean that 10 extra secs of iniquistion/ only having to have 2 holy power vs 3 is it really better then 359-378

thanks for the help. o btw the pieces i have are helmet legs gloves chest. If i really wanted i could run a pug chogall and try to get the shoulders but eh.

Sooner or Later ull br8k all ur 359 tier 11 pieces to 378 tier12!!! ( so dont worry about the bonuses from t11 pieces ull get better bonuses )
    Try to get the shoulder , cap Vp for 4 weeks and then buy whatever you want but start with the tier12 not with rings, or necks or relics
    thats my opinion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faydz View Post
    Yeah hello there,

I just had a quick question to ask. Well my pally is currently running 4 pc tier 11 ( all 359 no heroic pieces )

Now before everyone goes in an outrage and starts talking about not getting the tier chest, i want to politely say that i don't care and i will be picking up the chest today.

Now the question i had is, is it worth breaking 4 pc t 11 to have 1 pc t12 and 3 pc of t11. Im wondering because like i said my chest is 359 so 359 - 378 is a pretty big upgrade id say so but is it worth breaking the 4 pc. I always thought the 4 pc was more a preference thing, by that i don't mean its not good i just mean that 10 extra secs of iniquistion/ only having to have 2 holy power vs 3 is it really better then 359-378

thanks for the help. o btw the pieces i have are helmet legs gloves chest. If i really wanted i could run a pug chogall and try to get the shoulders but eh.
    You can break the 4PC w/e and in fact it will do you good to break it you still have 36 seconds for 3 HoPo Inquisition and if you look at it that way you were only getting 40 seconds before 4.2 so break it whenever you want get accustomed to 36 seconds right now using the 4PC you are getting the 46 seconds sooner or later that will be lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    You can break the 4PC w/e and in fact it will do you good to break it you still have 36 seconds for 3 HoPo Inquisition and if you look at it that way you were only getting 40 seconds before 4.2 so break it whenever you want get accustomed to 36 seconds right now using the 4PC you are getting the 46 seconds sooner or later that will be lost.
    The part I'll miss most about the 4P bonus isn't the max duration (though it is nice) so much as the lower penalty for using Inquisition with sub 3 HP. Instead of (pre 4.2) 20s Inquisition with 1 HP, we'll only get 12s with 1 HP. Boo!

I currently have breastplate of shifting visions and I can buy tier gloves or legs. Should I break 4pc?

are there new dps(%) values assigned for t11 2/4p an t12 2/4p ?

also stat weights?
    Frost mages have been given one additional snare effect, so that they will be brought up to the level of other classes (combined).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    The part I'll miss most about the 4P bonus isn't the max duration (though it is nice) so much as the lower penalty for using Inquisition with sub 3 HP. Instead of (pre 4.2) 20s Inquisition with 1 HP, we'll only get 12s with 1 HP. Boo!
    I agree I'll miss it as well but I have to get back to the realistic raid setting where 4PC isn't there because if I'm upgrading gear properly I'll be taking 391 pieces over 372 set pieces.

---------- Post added 2011-07-13 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zipas View Post
    are there new dps(%) values assigned for t11 2/4p an t12 2/4p ?

also stat weights?
    stat weights are all over the place, Exemplar vs Redcape vs Simulationcraft vs Rawr they all vary none are exact Simulationcraft has has being worth far less in this tier and I think the reason for that is losing so much haste overall on gear and picking up crit. While I haven't found the exact reason for it I'm still not sure which weights are the most accurate.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    also. redcape quit.

which lowers the ammount of people actively researching the weights.

rawr has never had correct weights

which means it's Exemplar vs Simulationcraft

whereas before we had 3 working the weight we now have 2.(ignoring rawr which was telling some holy pallies to reforge spirit into crit...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    also. redcape quit.

which lowers the ammount of people actively researching the weights.

rawr has never had correct weights

which means it's Exemplar vs Simulationcraft

whereas before we had 3 working the weight we now have 2.(ignoring rawr which was telling some holy pallies to reforge spirit into crit...)
    Rawr hasn't been that far off for Ret it just has haste valued a little to high but the rest are fairly close. The big issue is Simulationcraft showing haste is nearly worthless.

I broke my 4pc the other night and it hasn't impacted my overall raid performance in the negative by having less time on inq. The stat gain from the legs I picked up was definitely worth the loss of 4pc, and with the addition of a second piece, its a no brainer. The other advantage it has is that if you buy a tier piece with the VP you should have by now, it opens you up to being able to take another ilvl 378 piece of gear in one of those tier slots, further diminishing any gains of clinging to it.