Thread: 8/2/31

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

8/2/31

Sorry to name drop here, but I was taking a look at Owlds' spec from EU Xavius <Method> and he is using an 8/2/31 spec. I've never seen this before, usually I see people losing a talent in Genesis and the points in furor to hit Moonglow.

To be honest though, his spec makes so much sense surely, because although your heals will cost 3% more, you will have 10% more mana. I'm taking his spec for now because I really cant find a flaw with it, but I wanted your opinions because I'm interested in what you think.

here is the spec: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...QaQd!WVUgTOmpu

very close to what i use: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...Qdjd!WVUTPmNnp

i dont use healing touch enough to make the glyph worth it, i rarely need the instant heal (with nature's swiftness), and i like having the dispell just in case (plus i dont spam rejuv)

genesis helps by buffing ALL of your HoTs (and swiftmend which also buffs efflorescence indirectly) and as for furor vs moonglow, depending on HOW you heal, furor can be a better "mana regen" talent (through percent-based mana gain effects like replenishment and revitalize) and scales directly with intellect on gear
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Deleted
    interesting, I was thinking of removing Nature's Swiftness but it has helped on occasion. The other reason for keeping it was that I couldnt think of a better glyph now that innervate is nerfed than the glyph of Healing Touch. You have used Glyph of Thorns, do you really use it much?

I rarely need to dispel in firelands but have the luxury of a dual healing spec with a dispel talented into that one

same though, I really rarely use healing touch, perhaps 3-5 times MAX on a crazy fight, just cant think of what to swap the glyph with

10k mana is very little compare to 9% mana reduction for each of your spells.

Deleted
    but its 10% mana vs 9% mana reduction. I have 127k mana with motw so I gain a little more than 10k, plus the regen from replenishment adds up and I think with the points in genesis i technically may need to do less healing

I dunno, with Furor I tend to finish most boss fights with over 40% mana left, that includes alsyrazor that I did today.

edit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xaea/advanced

Might be speccing furor for i.e. bashing adds on Ragnaros while not needing the regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    MG will still lead to more regen for 99% of the fights.

His spec is probably specifically tailored toward Rag HM. When considering how often raid regen CDs will be up over such an insanely long fight, Furor may be better than MG for this fight. He may be testing it or already found it to be better himself.

or this
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Might be speccing furor for i.e. bashing adds on Ragnaros while not needing the regen.

Quote Originally Posted by yogzpatel View Post
    but its 10% mana vs 9% mana reduction. I have 127k mana with motw so I gain a little more than 10k, plus the regen from replenishment adds up and I think with the points in genesis i technically may need to do less healing

I dunno, with Furor I tend to finish most boss fights with over 40% mana left, that includes alsyrazor that I did today.

edit: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Xaea/advanced
    Hmm I think it would really depend on fight length and how hard you have to work to come to a real answer there.
    If the other heals in your raid are stellar and worth their weight sure. But if you find fights drag on longer and you need to carry more of the heals, I think we can safely say which is gonna go further

Doh! beat me to it
    "OP might be on to somthing. I once walked past an alley and I saw atleast 4 Blizz employees beating a man that had on a Rift T-Shirt. They started shouting racial slurs that had no relevance to the man himself and when they were done... they dropped a 2 month prepaid card on his bleeding, beaten body...." Zonas

Deleted
    I use 8/2/31 with the 3 Genesis points into Moonglow and the extra point from 3/3 Nature's Bounty into dispels (I hate relying on others to dispel).

The reason he has 3 points in Genesis and not Moonglow is simply trinkets. Shard of Woe & Jaws of Defeat are both best in slot allowing you to drop mana efficient talents (3/3 moonglow, 3/3 furor for the boost on replen and innervate). That's exactly what I'll be doing with 1 in Furor and that extra point going into Blessing of the Grove.

Like this: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!Z!hhZjTYhQdQd

So if you don't have access to those trinkets you should be going for: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...!b!eSZjTbhQdQd

If you don't want dispel I'd put the extra point into maxing Nature's Bounty. (Sorry if half of this didn't make sense, 03:22, tired :P)

Deleted
    nope makes sense thanks for the time guys!

Deleted
    2/3 HotW makes no sense at all, 2% int for only 1 talent point is pretty much the best you can get

He might be picking it up just for the rage/energy you get when shapeshifting. Rag is a "really" long fight and mana is probably not an issue, however quick use of stampeding roar/bear bash/maim is useful (at least in my experience on normal difficulty dealing with sons of flame).

Of course this is only speculating based on normal mode experience, HM might be totally different.

Mana in general doesn't seem to be a limiting factor in this tier, its only constrained if something goes horribly wrong in a fight.

Pretty much the spec i've been using ever since living seed is no longer a prerequisite to efflorescence. Genesis then became reachable without sacrificing any core talents in the resto tree, and is a must have.

As far as the debate of Furor vs Moonglow goes, I battle since cata launch to get people to understand that Furor is better than moonglow in 99% of cases because 3/3 furor not only increases your manapool by 15% (thus letting you cast 15% more spells with a full manabar), but also increases the mana regen of revitalize, replenishement, and innervate by 15%.

Since those 3 regen sources add up to being the crushing majority of a resto druid's mana regen, it almost comes down to arguing that 15%>9%. Speaks for itself.

In any case, its good to see that resto druids in the top guilds in the world have also done the maths.
    I'm a Rock; Scissors are fine, but damn, Paper needs a nerf!

8/0/33, genesis, no moonglow, no furor. Won't surprise me if our rediculous regen gets nerfed some time.

you cant say, this spec is pro or whatever.

all depends on gear, bosses and hc or normals / mana problems or not.

read up, try out, addept, or change...

x with x spec might be pro ... wich in the end, doesnt work for you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#Uc02!jh!Y!hSZjTbhQaQd

I
    s what i'm thinking about going for. I've read and found furor to be the better choice, but if you're running around spamming, you're going to want both furor and MG.

I'm trying to get out of that, so i'll be choosing 2/3 Genesis and 3/3 furor.

See how that works out.

Deleted
    Sorry I have to kindly ask why it would change if you are running about? Does that change it? I think I am missing something there

p.s. I have to lol because just before you posted this I changed my spec to try that exact set of talents for tonight's raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellaria View Post
    Pretty much the spec i've been using ever since living seed is no longer a prerequisite to efflorescence. Genesis then became reachable without sacrificing any core talents in the resto tree, and is a must have.

As far as the debate of Furor vs Moonglow goes, I battle since cata launch to get people to understand that Furor is better than moonglow in 99% of cases because 3/3 furor not only increases your manapool by 15% (thus letting you cast 15% more spells with a full manabar), but also increases the mana regen of revitalize, replenishement, and innervate by 15%.

Since those 3 regen sources add up to being the crushing majority of a resto druid's mana regen, it almost comes down to arguing that 15%>9%. Speaks for itself.

In any case, its good to see that resto druids in the top guilds in the world have also done the maths.
    Because that's wrong....lol
    And no, they all know MG > Furor. As said, they use furor for other reasons besides regen.

Any fight over 3 minutes, MG will give more mana than furor. It's not really some stubborn theory, just basic math. Even when considering ALLLLL the regen sources, MG will still give more.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-14 at 05:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellaria View Post

In terms of math in WoW, anecdotal evidence is the worst evidence.

If you run with 0 spirit, sure, your 15%>9% argument is kind of valid (not entirely though because its more like 13%>9% in terms of mana reduction because of the inverse relationship between mana gained and spells able to cast).

Instead of "battling" for 7 months, you could do some easy math to prove your point, but everyone that has done the math, has come up with the opposite conclusion.
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-07-14 at 06:12 PM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Deleted
    Maybe he got Furor to have the energy to use Maim on the Sons of Flame on Ragnaros?

It's not that needed for Bash because you can just cast Enrage which has the same 1 min cd as Bash (although he might not realize this).