Best DPS for Beth'tilac (up top)

My guild does 10 man raids and for dps we normally have 1 boomkin, 1/2 arcane mages, 1 destro lock, 1/2 surv hunter, 1 assassination rogue or fury warrior, and possibly a spriest.
    My question is which would be the best to do the most dmg up on the web for Beth p1? I figured a dot class but the lock with bane of havoc on Beth and staying down below to dps the drone seemed to make more sense. And moonkins with how their eclipses work I thought he might lose a lot of dps.
    If we have a warrior I figure he is good since he would get lots of rage, but its not often we have one dpsing. What do people think?
    DPS is Science ......Tanking is Skill........ Healing is Art.

Deleted
    There is no "Best DPS" layout. It depends on how good the players are. Beth'Tilac shouldn't be so much of a challenge for you to consider your raid layout on this level. Just try harder.

From you setup, I'D probably let the Rogue go up, but it really doesn't matter that much. Once you get the mechanics right (which shouldn't take too long), Beth is really a pushover.

Deleted
    Every DPS works well up top, send whoever you don't need on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethrihoth View Post
    There is no "Best DPS" layout. It depends on how good the players are. Beth'Tilac shouldn't be so much of a challenge for you to consider your raid layout on this level. Just try harder.
    I'm not making the raid based on this, just curious who it would hurt the least to have to jump down every time for smoldering.

I went up top as an Assa Rogue and managed to get Beth to 82-85% in 2 phases, and stayed down after that to help with the adds Bottom. She went down with around 80% and we got her.
    Pretty easy that way. Your rogue can also go up top a 3rd time if bottom is doing good with the adds and get Beth to ~75% I'd say.

Just tell him to vanish+CDs on the first time he goes up otherwise it really takes long to ramp up. During Devastation I'm building CP on drones or spinners and SnD while MT/Heal go back up top, and manage to be with them with SnD, lowering the ramp-up time.
    It really went smooth in P2 and we killed her with around 25 stacks.

(We're 362-363 ilvl so no, not "lolol 100% Beth P2 easy one shot" !)

Deleted
    if this is normal you don't "need" anyone up top my guild downed him last night with jsut me(tank) and 2 healers going up as well in 25 though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drumboy35 View Post
    I'm not making the raid based on this, just curious who it would hurt the least to have to jump down every time for smoldering.
    Just send who ever can do enough damage, dps isn't important for p1 aslong as you get boss to a proper % before she come down it's fine.

(We usualy send a SP / Rogue up in our 10m alt runs, A dps warr is nice to have down to taunt spinners and reducing raid dmg)

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    if this is normal you don't "need" anyone up top my guild downed him last night with jsut me(tank) and 2 healers going up as well in 25 though.
    All depends on how much dps you can do while she's down

Deleted
    2 surv hunters = meh waste of dmg in phase 2 cause MM will do better

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    I wish I was as cool as your guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drumboy35 View Post
    I wish I was as cool as your guild.
    tbh we had a decent pool of holy pallies that night meaning aura mastery chain for the novas in p2 which kept us alive long enough to get a kill.

here is a link to the log if your interested
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5112&e=5583

You send a DPS up? My guild would just (on 10) send me (tank) and one healer up there. Hmm...

We are sending retri pala, sometimes fury warrior. On alts we went assasination rogue, so i guess u should do same.
    There is no best dps for top level, i think u just have to send less usefull class on bottom lvl, there and also good dps to be able to down her to 80-75% before phase 2.

Send either the rogue or an arcane mage up there.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter who you send. Just send someone you know will be able to take the boss down to approximately 80% before phase 2. I went up one night (feral cat) and an elemental shaman went up the next, it really made no difference.

I recommend sending 2 melee dps(that can avoid meteors and holes) makes healing easier up top. Also we do a rotation we send 2 dps for the first devastation 1 dps up for the 2nd devastation and no dps for the 3rd devastation. In regards to the "don't send anyone up" that's just wasting time and making p3 harder on everyone considering adds would be a complete joke with all 5-6 dps down below(which they are close to with 3 dps).

Good Luck

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Send whatever can't taunt or has bad aoe/dps switching. Given your setup, i'd say rogue or warrior. If you send the warrior have your hunters handle taunting.

Deleted
    it may be of note that if you 'acidentally' have a drone reach 0 energy and go up. having 1-2 dps uptop who can nuke him down while he channels can help the dps below as they don't have to finish of the first drone before the next as your dps kiled it up top.

You should prioritize your bottom first, and send anyone that you don't need up top. Ranged are best on bottom, though we have had 2 melee on the bottom before and they did well, but this usually means that you are sending a melee up top.

any dps is good up top, what you should be asking is which dps do we not need downstairs