Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    A newer or I guess less popular style of MMO is starting it's Open Beta Testing today and that game is Dragon's Nest. It's an action style game in the sense that there is no targeting, everything is aimed, therefore much more skill based and faster paced than WoW or your typical targeting MMO. I don't know if the game is fun I've never played but just browsing youtube videos it seems like it's pretty good, even if the anime graphics aren't my niche. However this is only going to tie me over until D3 and GW2 so I'm not expecting it to be super amazing, just a free time killer. Plus it's very nice being able to have a filler mmo where you start with everyone else rather than being months behind in terms of lvl/gear.

GW2 and/or SWTOR

try Allods Online.

by far the best graphics of any mmo that I've ever seen. in general it is a f2p game but it also has an online store for stuff like mounts/bigger bags/ and some other really cool stuff but if you don't want to dish out any money you don't really have to.
    Also, if you want a better series of starter quests go with the faction that has the gibberlings and elves lol - can't atm remember which faction is which as i haven't played in quite awhile.

if only wow had the kind of graphics allods had...hot damn it would be fucking amazing!
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    try Allods Online.

by far the best graphics of any mmo that I've ever seen. in general it is a f2p game but it also has an online store for stuff like mounts/bigger bags/ and some other really cool stuff but if you don't want to dish out any money you don't really have to.
    Also, if you want a better series of starter quests go with the faction that has the gibberlings and elves lol - can't atm remember which faction is which as i haven't played in quite awhile.

if only wow had the kind of graphics allods had...hot damn it would be fucking amazing!
    Did Allods fix their huge screw up with the cash shop yet? I remember they pretty much shot their game in the foot by making the cash shop unbalanced(needed) because of the death system. If they fixed that then I may try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    try Allods Online.

Ghost town game with terribly low population. Gameplay, quests, storytelling and controlls are also relatively bad. I finished the starting zone, half of next and uninstalled it.

Also, the cash shop is a disaster.

I'd recommend Age of Conan if you haven't played it before, it is a lot of fun. The Free-To-Play version gives you a choice of 4 classes, a good number of dungeons and 2/3rds of the T1 raids... but you'll need to subscribe if you plan on going further. Don't whatever you do buy anything from the store, very overpriced.

i also stopped playing when they screwed up with making spells require the incense that at the time you could only get from the cash shop. they have since put in a daily quest to get incense and the charms to protect against the fear of death are currently free from the cash shop - or at least they were when i picked the game back up for a couple weeks ago.
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Deleted
    there are a suprising amount of MMO out there didn't realise its quite an eye-opener

I recently picked up DCUO, and despite the reviews I found it too be pretty fun. Although i had some friends over there already in a guild, i came into the game immediately into a guild, which probably made it better. The game has a lot of different things, i chose a PVP server and it is a blast having to worry about a villian/hero coming and ganking my ass(worse than wow). They're merging servers to make Mega-Servers which should make population better.
    i have no signature, because carrots.

Im playing wow and waiting for GW2 release.
    WoW is much better than many MMOs , if u dont feel boring , go with wow.
    GW2 is amazing, I can't wait for it.

Buy a Diablo 2 Battlechest

If you have never played the game it should keep you engaged for atleast a couple months until the next gen mmos start coming out.

that or Diablo 3