15+ Year Old Account

Loot countdown macro

Hi guys,

I have a question. We use DKP as loot distribution and it is with public bidding. Now we usually use a countdown of 5 secs for bidding. that means, after a bid there are 5 seconds for others to bid more, and if someone does, the counter starts new. now we always did it manually via TS, but some people ... are strange, so we came up with the Idea of doing it via a macro in raid warning.

so far, so good. I use the Addon http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../slash-in.aspx to make the makro like this:

Code:
    /rw 3
    /in 1 /rw 2
    /in 2 /rw 1
    /in 3 /rw pull !!1111drölf
    well, ok, I use this for pulling (I'm a tank), but the loot-cooldown is basically the same.

now the problem is, when someone posts a bidding, we want to stop the macro, to be able to start it all over again. How do we do that?

/stopmacro [button:2] for example isn't working, so is there any way to stop the macro with a special button click or whatever?

regards
    xeb

The only thing that really comes to mind is having two separate macros.

One for 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

And one that you can manually hit that basically says Bidding Closed.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

I know I saw some very good pug addons that work exactly as you describe. No need to use macros at all.

Edit: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/gdkpd.aspx

T
    his addon has the functionality you want if you configure it to your needs, but it was not made with your exact scenario in mind. A bit of tweaking the numbers and options and you might be able to use it.
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2011-07-13 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Well, if you just tell everyone that "gold" means "DKP" (when the addon posts it) and you turn off the balance tracker (think I put that option somewhere), it should work out fine. You can also manually edit the localization strings (the yourlocale.localization.lua) manually so it doesn't say "gold" anymore (though you'll probably have to do that every time you update [which won't be often since i'm not actively developing it anymore])