2v2 Team from hell.

So, last night. I meet this new guy. We get to talkin it up. He's askin about joining guild and such. I help him out with some PVE stuff, and he says he'll help me get into PVPing arena on my hunter more. Sweet. Always wanted to, never could find a willing crutch.

So, I open up my 2v2 team from last season, see it's empty. Everyone else who was on it had quit. That's cool. I'll just invite this guy and start fresh.

Waiting... Waiting... Waiting...

"You get the invite?"

"Nope."

So I try a few more times. nothin. We both reload ui. nothin.

So he's like. "just teamquit."

So I do the whole /teamquit 2v2

Nothin...

"Wtf... Disband it."

/teamdisband 2v2

Game pops up, telling me that I have to promote a new captain before I can disband...

Figure out how to do that, type his name in, nothin. Type my name in. Neither player is found.

It's at this point it sinks in. NOBODY is on the arena team. Not even me. I can't invite anybody to the team, cause I'm not a part of it. Yet it's still taking up my 2v2 flag. wtf?

Put in a ticket for helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Something similar happend to me, just couldnt see the members of the team or disband it.
    Ended up reLOGGING (as in exiting the game and opening again) like 3 times and everything was fine...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, delete your WTF folder.

If that still doesn't work delete your Cache folder as well, but that will erase your settings and hotkeys and such so just be wary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Geeks are awesome because they have sex with your wife while you are cleaning McDonalds bathrooms.
    "PROUD POSTER IN THE LEGENDARY If u are horde 2011 THREAD!!"

Simply exiting off WoW and restarting fixes that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    2v2
    hunter
    good luck, oh wait

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i clicked on this expecting some sort of comp discussion.... interesting.....
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Go to program files > world of Warcraft > highlight "WTF" press control+ X Close the window, restart wow It will work
    hi there

You might want to warn him that deleting WTF will screw up any addon settings.

just delete your wow cache folder and everything will be ok ;] this will not change anything in your game
    You laugh at me because I'm different,I laugh at you cause you're all the same.
    ╔╗╔╗╔╗╗╔╔╗
    ╠╝║║║╗║║╠
    ╝╚╚╝╚╝╚╝╚╝

Deleted
    Before deleting and resetting folders and stuff, logout and disable all addons then restart WoW. That worked for me several times. DBM is responsible for a lot of these random arena team bugs.

I did log out and off several times etc. Still didn't work.

Anyways, I'll see about the folders and addons. Actually, none of my addons have been installing properly lately either. After 4.2, I gave it some time, then updated them, and now they don't work anymore. Not sure what's up with that as they installed fine for my wife. Computer's clean. No viruses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted
    I did log out and off several times etc. Still didn't work.

Anyways, I'll see about the folders and addons. Actually, none of my addons have been installing properly lately either. After 4.2, I gave it some time, then updated them, and now they don't work anymore. Not sure what's up with that as they installed fine for my wife. Computer's clean. No viruses.
    Could possible a bad patch download. I remember installing 3.2 and I was constantly getting these little annoying glitches all over the game, turns out my 3.2 download was corrupt and I had to redownload WoW BUT before you jump to that conclusion I'd suggest deleting folders mentioned above. If that doesn't work I'd go through the WoW repair process (not just running the repair tool, there's a guide somewhere on how to do it properly, I'll see if I can find it) then see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dindo View Post
    If anything, delete your WTF folder.

If that still doesn't work delete your Cache folder as well, but that will erase your settings and hotkeys and such so just be wary.
    I think you said that backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had that happen with a regular raiding group a couple days ago. I wasn't IN the group but it insisted I was, I couldn't do quests, I couldn't invite anyone cause I wasn't the leader of this phantom group, and logging wouldn't fix it.
    I cleared cache and WTF, didn't work. Eventually after two days it just.. went away on its own.

Deleted
    Okay here we go - This will erase addon settings, keybinds, game settings etc.

Make a note of your addons so you can redownload them after (you can always backup the folder but I prefer to start a fresh if I'm using the repair tool). Once you've got those addons noted down just delete your interface folder along with your Cache & WTF folders. After you've done that run the WoW repair tool and wait for it to finish. Upon completion launch WoW directly from the installation folder instead of the launcher (DO NOT INSTALL ADDONS YET). You should be prompted to go through the ToS and stuff like that again but that's fine, just get through that crap and login.

Once you're logged in leave your arena team and then I personally recommend you install your addons one by one and see if you notice any strange changes on your game. Sometimes it can just be an out of date addon that's screwing everything up but you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has happened to me several times so far, and deleting the cache folder solved it every time. Just exit the game, delete the \world of warcraft\cache\ folder and then everything should be ok.

Why yes, I do have too much time on my hands... how did you guess?