Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Yes and no. I feel kids have entitlement issues worse than any other generation so far. They feel as if they can do no wrong and become whatever they want in life without work
    Best statement regarding my generation ever.
    Hey everyone

<QQ deleted>

Overall the only good part about the Treyarch created games is the ability to live (kinda). COD4/6 just have bullet damage that is way too superior
    Bullets that kill people? Shocking stuff.

Yes and no. I feel kids have entitlement issues worse than any other generation so far. They feel as if they can do no wrong and become whatever they want in life without work
    Always find this sort of statement amusing tbf.

I still recall back in class we were taught of a time simply called "Jappe-tiden" -- or "rich businessmen era". Essentially it was people doing nothing to earn money, while spending horrendously massive loans they'd taken to waste on anything they damn well wanted to.

Since i dont play in MP, i had enormous fun. Never played the third one due to lack of console. First two were epic. Fourth beat every single action movie, fifth was nice, sixth did the same as fourth, maybe a bit over top (though russians got annoying with their whining about airport mission. understandable though). Seventh was batshit crazy in terms of story, yet i liked exactly that. Buuuuuuuuut the next one probably will lack something, due to fact IW core workers left... damn the Activison.

Deleted
    Since they all sucked hardly in multiplayer, one could argue fourth had really nice singleplayer, however way too short to be worth all the money...

Deleted
    Old school Medal of Honor games were the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinko View Post
    Old school Medal of Honor games were the best.
    Personally started out on Halo -> MOH -> COD (6 months after COD6)

I bought 4 & 7 eventually, but 4 is just full of hackers now
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Deleted
    CoD 1, expansion and CoD 2 were Legendary IMHO :P So much time I ''wasted'' merely on a small amount of missions no matter how simple they were (as the Russian first two missions of Stalingrad)

Never really liked any of the Treyarch CoDs and Cod MW2 also felt bland compared to CoD 1 and 2 :P

I think (I THINK!) the reason this franchise is so well selling, well yeah,I think it has to do with the whole idea of it being ''cool'' shooting people in a realistic looking video game. I seem to find around alot of the less video game orientated people (you could call them the casual). Oarents hear about it alot and don't care if their little Johnny shoots people in a video game. Also CoD has become so well known that it's an easy option for most parents to decide what they should buy for their Johnny for Xmass. Oh and ofcourse the idea that seems to live among some people that Roleplaying (Anything that has Roleplaying in it's genre) games or anything people think is related with being a geek (which many people see as the games that put you into a fantasy world instead of on Earth with either guns, soccer/football/basketball or cars) make you socialy awkward and gay yadiyadiyada.
    Anyway, as the Johnny kid gets the videogame, some of his friends will want to be cool and go to their parents for the game aswell on the otherhand his other friends might want the game to play with Johnny.

Then there remains the ones staying loyal to the franchise, hoping that with their money a better game will be developed next time, or they simply are ok with the way the multiplayer works and don't care about it having only slight changes.

Then remains the singleplayer players that purely buy it for the sadly very short storyline.

All in all, CoD has a loyal fanbase established from a young age or people that don't play games often enough to make a critical judgement or they buy it purely to look cool and all these people in turn will try to get their ''friends'' to buy the game aswell to play with them and look ''cool'' together while fragging the ''noobs''(or something along those lines), where some of them will eagerly jump in.

I hope my post made sense at all for I'm tired and have been writing this half distracted :S
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-07-16 at 03:44 AM.